Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 1st November 2011, 19:13   #136
BANNED

Default Re: Autocar India scoop: 2012 Honda City Facelift pics

Just saw this on Autocar India website; seems this will affect the launch of the new Civic as well.
Thailand floods likely to affect deliveries - News - Autocar India
Old 1st November 2011, 19:23   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Changes = "Eco" mode in the speedo, very minor changes to the grille, front head lamps and tail lights.

Optional sunroof in the V variant might be available, but there's a big question mark on that as well. Don't expect it, though.

Pre-facelift owners won't lose anything at all. If anything, their Citys will have better looking tail lights than the facelift.
If thats a facelift then we can safely assume that the City 2012 would continue to remain a price warrior
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 20:14   #138
Senior - BHPian

A per the latest tweet from Hormazd, "Honda delays launch of face-lifted City till Jan 2012. Earlier plan was to launch this Nov but Thailand floods have disrupted production." and "City face-lift now likely to be unveiled at Auto Expo but current model stocks may run out before then."
Old 1st November 2011, 23:49   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
If thats a facelift then we can safely assume that the City 2012 would continue to remain a price warrior
Definitely.

I expect the new City facelift to priced at a slightly lower premium than current prices (citing "increased localisation" again), for e.g. around ~7.2L-7.3L for the base (E MT) variant, ~8L for the S MT, and ~8.5L for the V MT. Honda should take it from there.

If sales don't pick up, they always have the discounts to fall back on. (they do have margins to play with, anyways)

Expect Honda to rush the incoming facelift though, in spite of the Thailand floods. They will want to bring it in by January 2012, else they might find a all-India City "vacuum" in the same month, and the months thereafter. I expect all existing Citys to get sold by the end of this year itself.

And nobody would want a Honda dealer to say "Sorry sir, we currently have no Citys in our stockyards." Just imagine the consternation of the customer then!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st November 2011 at 23:50.
Old 2nd November 2011, 00:36   #140
BHPian

Frankly, I still don't understand so much hoopla over the City now. Its already a discounted car, has lost all its premium value, a facelift or not will not be able to sell without discounts.

And on top of it, going out of stock is nothing but hilarious the way Honda is working here.

Cheers
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:41   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Frankly, I still don't understand so much hoopla over the City now. Its already a discounted car, has lost all its premium value,

Cheers
Tend to disagree here. City is still a quality premium car, the makers just corrected its price. Don't forget that it is still giving a tough run for its competitors both equipped with diesel engines as well.
Atleast thats what the sales figures each month tellls us.
Old 2nd November 2011, 11:33   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Ya a new major change is in line and will come sometime in late 2012. This current change seems to be mere cosmetic,with some chrome bits added here and there. A couple of features(might not be essential features) may be added,as they did with the 'new' Civic and 'new' Accord. Then they will add a new color to the range like the 'Urban Titanium' in Civic and Accord
Honda City is already available in 'Urban Titanium', a metallic shade. The MMC (Minor Model Change) might not lead to any new colors.
Old 2nd November 2011, 18:21   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmis View Post
Tend to disagree here. City is still a quality premium car, the makers just corrected its price. Don't forget that it is still giving a tough run for its competitors both equipped with diesel engines as well.
Atleast thats what the sales figures each month tellls us.
I feel it was just human psychology at work thanks to discounts. Even a few months back when the discounts started I was also in the queue to buy the City. I didn't manage to get the best deal and that stopped me which in hindsight was a good thing.

It was the discounts which generated massive interest and that is already stale news and no novelty. I presume there will be many like me who were really excited but now really don't care. Also those who really wanted to buy bought the City in the last three/four months. Now its mostly the neutrals who really aren't City fanatics, so Honda will have to work harder definitely.

Of course City maybe still a nice car but I think its time has gone.

My two cents
Old 2nd November 2011, 19:20   #144
BHPian

Quote:
I feel it was just human psychology at work thanks to discounts. Even a few months back when the discounts started I was also in the queue to buy the City. I didn't manage to get the best deal and that stopped me which in hindsight was a good thing.

It was the discounts which generated massive interest and that is already stale news and no novelty. I presume there will be many like me who were really excited but now really don't care. Also those who really wanted to buy bought the City in the last three/four months. Now its mostly the neutrals who really aren't City fanatics, so Honda will have to work harder definitely.

Of course City maybe still a nice car but I think its time has gone.

My two cents
Completely disagree with you mate. Despite the competition offering more features in their cars and a diesel engine to boot, still even after 3 years of its launch, nothing comes close to the city with the bulletproof and fun to drive engine & the trusty Honda peace of mind. But then thats your opinion.

Still more than 3k units sold a month is testimony to the fact that the car enjoys immense popularity. If Honda provide missing features like auto clima-con and stuff, it will only result in more sales.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:24   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheiron View Post
Honda City is already available in 'Urban Titanium', a metallic shade. The MMC (Minor Model Change) might not lead to any new colors.
I was hoping if Honda would launch the sky blue shade which was introduced in NHC Vtec. It was a lovely shade. Even the current Civic has a similar shade,though not the exact same.
Old 4th November 2011, 16:16   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Completely disagree with you mate. Despite the competition offering more features in their cars and a diesel engine to boot, still even after 3 years of its launch, nothing comes close to the city with the bulletproof and fun to drive engine & the trusty Honda peace of mind. But then thats your opinion.

Still more than 3k units sold a month is testimony to the fact that the car enjoys immense popularity. If Honda provide missing features like auto clima-con and stuff, it will only result in more sales.
I drive the awesome 1.6L S10, so I guess I did not really find the City that great a car to drive and handle.

I am sure it is a good car but all I am saying is the wow factor is gone.

Cheers
Old 5th November 2011, 12:52   #147
BHPian

Quote:
I drive the awesome 1.6L S10, so I guess I did not really find the City that great a car to drive and handle.

I am sure it is a good car but all I am saying is the wow factor is gone.

Cheers
Well..to each his own my friend!

Cheers
Old 5th November 2011, 15:17   #148
JD1
BHPian

Got a call from Dakshin Honda and when I asked about the Facelift City I was told it would be Feb now. They also did not have any confirm details about the changes. If it indeed turns out to be Feb, then with the potential production disruption on the current version due to Thailand floods, those who lapped up the City in Aug to October period with huge discounts should consider themselves lucky
Old 12th November 2011, 13:58   #149
BHPian

I doubt that it would be feb... But maybe the dealer is making such statements to make more sales and clear stocks.

On the other hand I don't quite like the new chrome grill much. I think that its a bit too much chrome. I am not a big chrome fan on exterior.. I personally think that the current grill looks better. Especially in white. Let's see if the new grill looks better in actual as pictures don't have much to say.

Also wish the facelifted city has more features like the ACC, better tyres (not likely though), electrically adjustable ORVM, better touch screen MMi system (like vento), auto dimming RVM and ORVM and sunroof. It would be awesome with these features and very tempting and bring back the good'ol days for the company too!

I am also currently confused between this and the XUV... And now leaning toward the city as drove the XUV and the city in two days and felt the driving pleasure much more in the city compared to the XUV!
Old 12th November 2011, 14:19   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
I am also currently confused between this and the XUV... And now leaning toward the city as drove the XUV and the city in two days and felt the driving pleasure much more in the city compared to the XUV!
Hey I haven't read your earlier posts so I am not exactly aware of your criterion. but one thing is for sure that you cannot match the driving pleasure of a sedan with an SUV. Honda City is an excellent city car which is one of the main reasons for its phenomenal success in our market. So if that ranks high on your criterion list then there is no reason to go for the XUV or any other SUV/MUV.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread