Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th February 2012, 11:07   #91
BHPian

Default Re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
You're absolutely right.

The Jazz has proven to be more of a liability for Honda, especially after the Thailand flood debacle. Several factors contributed to the failure of the product. It's sad.

However, The Modus is a product that is not too different from the Jazz. It offers lots of space and is built on practicality and functionality. If the Jazz goes on sale again in a few months, or perhaps a year, the Modus could be its chief competitor. Even the Maruti Ertiga, to an extent, is aimed at the Jazz.
Quite a lot of people here feel that Jazz is a looker (my wife just loves the car) while Modus doesn't exactly qualify on that front. Modus is quirky - and that can be good or bad. From the inside, it could be very good and who knows maybe it is better than even Jazz.

Isn't Maruti Ertiga more like a big MUV targeted to take on Innova? Different segment probably.
Animesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 11:22   #92
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
Quite a lot of people here feel that Jazz is a looker (my wife just loves the car) while Modus doesn't exactly qualify on that front. Modus is quirky - and that can be good or bad. From the inside, it could be very good and who knows maybe it is better than even Jazz.

Isn't Maruti Ertiga more like a big MUV targeted to take on Innova? Different segment probably.
I agree. The Jazz looks space-age. I love the way it looks. Rumor has it that the Modus has the most spacious interior for any car under 10 lakhs. Even more than the Jazz.

The Modus would be an absolute hit if priced right. Who wouldn't want ample of space in a small car?

The Ertiga is nothing but an extended Swift. It is based on an extended-Swift platform after all. You could look at it as a Swift Estate/Station-Wagon. It's still a small car, but Maruti has managed to squeeze in a 3rd row. The Innova is one, or probably two sizes larger than the Ertiga.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 11:38   #93
BHPian

Default Re: SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Um guys Animesh and suhaas307, still discussing Modus? Do you realize that volkman10 has shared a link which says that Modus is not coming to India?
DevilsCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 11:48   #94
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

^^ I'm aware of that Devilscry. It's a pity, but the Pulse would be left searching for a segment to fill, if the Modus makes it here. probably the reason why Renault decided not to bring it here.

I don't understand why they wouldn't bring it though. Market share is always a good thing. But I suppose it would be better for Renault to establish themselves and get comfortable before launching more products.

Besides, the Duster is around the corner and the Pulse was recently launched as well.

The Modus is a fantastic product. And there is space for it here, in the Indian market. Sad.

EDIT: A sedan derived from a hatchback, a la, the Sunny, would make more sense here, I suppose.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th February 2012 at 11:50.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 12:01   #95
Senior - BHPian

I read somewhere that it has sliding rear seats, markets first?
If they have no plans to launch why extensive testing conducted here?
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 15:36   #96

Default Caught Testing in Bangalore

I guess this is the Nissan Pixo....not sure though. Caught this car testing in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-img00250201110141134.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-img00251201110141139.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-img00253201110141141.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-img00254201110141142.jpg  

Xstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 15:55   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Um guys Animesh and suhaas307, still discussing Modus? Do you realize that volkman10 has shared a link which says that Modus is not coming to India?
volkman10 has shared a link that says "but the Grand Modus however will not make its way to India.". Modus and Grand Modus are two different versions/ cars.
Animesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:38   #98
BHPian

Default Spotted this car on NH-1

While driving towards Delhi on NH-1, i found this vehicle with the badges hidden by black tape. The driver was trying to zoom in and out of the traffic. Probably saw me clicking pictures. Seemed to be having a petrol engine as there was no black smoke when the driver accelerated.

The front looked like a cross breed of ritz and zen classic and had figo style headlamps.

MODS: Please merge this thread as i wasn't able to find an appropriate thread.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-img2012090300036.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-img2012090300037.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-img2012090300038.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-img2012090300141.jpg  

Attached Images

ramneek009 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:42   #99
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Spotted this car on NH-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
While driving towards Delhi on NH-1, i found this vehicle with the badges hidden by black tape. The driver was trying to zoom in and out of the traffic. Probably saw me clicking pictures. Seemed to be having a petrol engine as there was no black smoke when the driver accelerated.

The front looked like a cross breed of ritz and zen classic and had figo style headlamps.

Looks like the Renault small car thay have planned for India. I'm somehow unable to recall the model name though .
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:43   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is the Renault Modus doing rounds in India.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-renaultmodusphasegrandheck.jpg  

romeomidhun is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:50   #101
BHPian

oops. almost mistook it for a skoda going by the c theme in the tail lamps
dhawcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:50   #102
BHPian

I had the driver behind me trying to overtake for good 2-3 kms and the grille is different from the modus being sold outside india.
ramneek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:55   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That's Renault Modus. Typical french quirkiness all round the car unlike the handsome Fluence / Duster / Pulse.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 16:04   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawcash
oops. almost mistook it for a skoda going by the c theme in the tail lamps

The Renault Scala has also got similar 'C' Shaped tail lamps.

Mods, i don't think we have a separate thread for the Modus, so please rename the title or if we already have one then please merge this with the existing one.

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 3rd September 2012 at 16:09.
satyamkaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 16:19   #105
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-page-6-a.html (SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6)

Here is that thread. Once upon a time, the car was spotted all over South India. Even I had spotted it multiple times near my house, and had clicked some photos on one occasion too.

Then some manager of Renault India said in a press conference that they are testing it for global release and it is not meant for India. Then this car disappeared from spotters' radar. Now it is back!
rohanjf is offline   Reply With Quote