Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 24th November 2011, 16:50   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Honda to slash City price by 70k-100k (AGAIN!!)

I am not sure if Honda has any flexibility left in terms shifting production to Japan and or any other country is not easy and will take a lot of time as such complex supply chains are not plug and play affairs . Shifting to Japan means an additional risk of production cost going going due Yen appreciation additionally Euro has depreciated vis-a-vis other currencys giving a huge upside to European companies it is surely going to be a tough period for Honda and wrong timings
Old 25th November 2011, 07:39   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
Moreover: If I had bought a Honda City in the last 6 months, I would feel cheated with this new price cut .. I would feel cheated by Honda for nearly Rs. 1L with the slated price cut !! .......

What happens to the so-called "Premium" branding to Honda ? Will it still stay as a premiun brand or will it become an "American Honda" ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
a friend of mine bought the S-MT model for 9.80/90 last year and now the top end V-AT is available much cheaper than that! phew! changing times!

! wow! auto sector is really hotting up and customers are going to benefit.
Or shall I say Robbing times going away

Sorry, I may be harsh on Honda.....but that's the way I think about their Marketing in India -- second grade treatment to lesser...

Cheers
Old 25th November 2011, 10:08   #123
BHPian

Even i had bought my City when it was priced almost a lakh above the current rates. But i have no hard feelings for Honda for the price cut. Reason being that i want Honda to stay in India. With such atrocious petrol pricing, its tough for petrol only manufacturers to survive. Had it not been this sudden spurt in petrol prices , Honda would still have been a dominant player in the sedan market. Their cars might be overpriced, might not have the best of features, but they provide one of the most satisfying ownership experience to the customer. Tell me one car that can provide the exhilaration of under 11 seconds 0 -100 and still deliver close to 20 kmpl if driven sedately.
Many customers like me would be feeling cheated with this price cut. Cheer up friends, you have enjoyed your car all this time. And if you have really enjoyed driving one of the best petrol cars in the market today, don't feel hurt by this price cut. Just smile at the your City and i am sure it will love you back, like it has done all these years, across its generations.
Old 25th November 2011, 10:11   #124
BHPian

My gut feeling says the updated Honda City will start with a price tag where the Jazz spectrum ends.
6.99 lakhs ex showroom for the base version.
If it happens then even people from a segment or two below (Swift,i20,Etios) will start considering the Honda.
Old 25th November 2011, 10:26   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
What happens to the so-called "Premium" branding to Honda ? Will it still stay as a premiun brand or will it become an "American Honda" .. Cheap and a beginner's car ??
Well some might argue to start with it was never a premium and the change is only going to make it more rationale product offering across the globe (BTW the same is applicable to Toyota).

Honda cars now is priced right, taking competition head on. How long will one survive only on brand recall and name. Sooner or later customers will equate things (feature to feature) and move on to something that offers more value for money.

Six/Seven years ago when i wanted to buy a Sedan i was not even offered a proper test drive of a Honda and i choose to buy Baleno with more spec and lesser price (Today i am happy about that decision). Agree overall Suzuki is lower then Honda/Toyota but by how much is the question.

Even at that time if Honda City prices were closer to Baleno (maybe more by a few 10K's) then i would have surely bought a Honda.

Fast forward today, I am being offered irresistible price on a Civic (I like Civic and Altis) which makes Civic price lesser by 1.5L OTR for the similar Spec, i would be surprised if i choose the Altis now.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 25th November 2011 at 10:29.
Old 28th November 2011, 02:00   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Honda stops production of City, Brio to be next
....Supply constraints due to floods in Thailand is wreaking havoc at Honda's Indian operations and has forced the company to shut down production of the City sedan and Brio compact. .......Sources said while production of the City has already been stopped, the Brio will be discontinued from next month. .
The news above contradicts the title of this thread i.e. "Honda to Slash City price"

Production cut would mean pending orders, in that case why should they slash the prices, unless they have built up a huge unsold stock?

I see a missing link here.
psp62in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 14:51   #127
BHPian

wondering what profit they were making per car.
Old 4th December 2011, 16:40   #128

Default Re: Honda City price : Another 70,000 rupee discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Very True mate. Fellow BHPians on the lookout for Honda City?, Just go Grab it and you will not regret it.
Thanks to this thread, I could pick up the City S MT Urban Titanium for a 80,000 discount last week. Thank you team bhp and to all of you.
Old 5th December 2011, 13:35   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Thanks to this thread, I could pick up the City S MT Urban Titanium for a 80,000 discount last week. Thank you team bhp and to all of you.
Am glad you decided to go ANHC way. Welcome to the club friend and wish you happy revving.

Cheers,
KTP
Old 6th December 2011, 23:56   #130
BHPian

Hey guys

Is the refreshed city on track to be launched by mid December or has honda postponed it to January 2012? Hope its launched soon though!
Old 7th December 2011, 09:29   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Congratulations! it's a great car and at a absolutely amazing bargain available today. BTW how much did it cost you OTR? and which dealer did you buy it from?
Old 7th December 2011, 21:56   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
Congratulations! it's a great car and at a absolutely amazing bargain available today. BTW how much did it cost you OTR? and which dealer did you buy it from?
On-road price 8,95,000 plus few freebies (mats,reverse sensor and sun film). Purchased at Whitefield Honda.
Old 7th December 2011, 23:46   #133
BHPian

picked up a city smt variant last week. got 92 k total discount. ready delivery.waiting for the bank to approve my loans
Old 5th March 2012, 01:03   #134

Sorry for the OT request:

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Just got home a S MT for 85K discount + accessories.
Hello Niranjan,

Am considering buying a 2011-Oct pre-owned SMT. Can you pl share the OTR price in Bangalore that you paid for your SMT - post the discount?

cheers
Old 5th March 2012, 12:43   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidusown View Post
Sorry for the OT request:
Hello Niranjan,
Am considering buying a 2011-Oct pre-owned SMT. Can you pl share the OTR price in Bangalore that you paid for your SMT - post the discount?
cheers
The OTR was 9.2 with some 5-10k worth freebies thrown in. Hope you get a good bargain on your purchase!
niranjanrvce is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread