Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th March 2006, 00:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

will the sales be counted as combined for tata or individually for tata and fiat?
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 12:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Its going to be individual. Tata and Fiat.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 13:50   #33
BHPian

Yesterdays, The Hindu Madras edition had a full page Tata-Fiat advertisement and listed all the dealers in South India. Also, mentioned, Fiat cars will be serviced by the same dealers.
5u3zEr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 23:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if this will spell doom for the fiat only dealers
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2006, 06:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wonder if this will spell doom for the fiat only dealers
No it wouldn't. They will have diesels to sell. Besides, the message from Fiat is clear. Shape up or Ship out. High time some incorrigable fiat dealers will given a dose of competition. Thats the only way they will improve. Also, good fiat dealers have nothing to worry. If I was in India, I would still go to Anuroop for my service needs even though I believe Wasan TATA in Chembur has started sales and service of Fiat cars.

For the car buyer's sake, I hope this partnership succeeds. Imagine having choices like Fiat Grande Punto JTD ( With the 1.9L 130Hp 6 speed Manual transmission please!), Panda , Alfa Romeo.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 10:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Hey bernard

You've got like 3 out of 7 posts on this thread mate.

Other cars exist, you know.....
LOL. Hey Steer, I own a Fiat and a Maruti.

P.S. This is post number 4.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2006, 20:06   #37
BHPian

its great to see that this is finally happening. FIAT cars are going to make a comeback. When I voted in favour of FIAT in that "violent" poll on FIAT's future, I was sure it would bounce back, but I did not expect TATA to be part of that equation. Nonetheless, it augurs well for great product line.

A couple of months and FIAT should start clawing back market share definitely. It should be interesting to see at whose expense that market share is clawed back.
hell_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2006, 21:09   #38
DRC
BHPian

Everything looks alright for those who are keen, and loking for good news.
But yet, there are no efforts being made to bring the Fiat cars to the forefront. Not enough efforts are being made to make everyone aware again (those who are not keenly following the deal and fiat cars),

Are there enough advertisements to tell ALL that the Fiat is being revived, there is an attempt to improve service, those who are hurt by the earlier disaster, there is a help available through TATAs..

TATA deal is definitely a good milestone, but there is still a lot of more road to cover...
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2006, 01:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Tata is considering a hydroformed chassis for its next generation of UVs (Code:X2) to reduce vechicle weight and increase chassy stiffness, also its planning a face lifted Sumo again.

Also the DICOR indicas have been show in Geneva and they use the 1.3JTD from FIAT for the Indica and 1.4 TDI gets a common rail with 70/90 bhp they are expected soon as 2007 will see Euro IV norms. Fiats New Palio is coming in September and ACI April carries the pics send by Dippy and also carries the www.team-bhp.com name. Thats very good dippy.

Its intresting to note that Tata-Fiat alliance is a disaster for Fiat as Tata have the ball in their court. Palio D is not been sold through Tata dealers as any competitor of the Diesel Palio has been written off by Tata. Also Tata-Fiat are encouraging people to go for Tata cars and not pushing the Fiat brand.

Finally we are going to see some light Tatas with the X2 platform.

Last edited by BUSA : 26th March 2006 at 01:32.
Old 27th March 2006, 13:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

http://www.tatamotors.com/fiat/

Fiats site is finally up and running.

Todays BT carries an advert of Fiat cars. The Palio 1.6 is for 3.92L(Ex-Showroom), called up dealer to find it more but the concerned person was not there.

Called up the other dealer no one picks up. Third dealer she tells me that i will get a call back the executives are busy! Heck, I dont know what Fiat-Tata are upto. Infact the person who picked up says that the executives are so busy with customers that they dont have time to even have lunch.
Old 27th March 2006, 13:48   #41
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
http://www.tatamotors.com/fiat/
The Palio 1.6 is for 3.92L(Ex-Showroom)
ho ho oh!..... 3.92L!!!... that was the onroad price of my alto Vxi .... (I mean WOW).

But the page says.. for distribution of FIAT cars, is it also for A.S.S?.... if not... then....

Last edited by SLK : 27th March 2006 at 13:51.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2006, 13:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

^ SLK .. .just go down the page. They will service all fiat cars including the Uno.

The Tata - Fiat Dealers will undertake sales, service & spare Parts of all Fiat Products ie. Palio, Petra, Adventure & Uno.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2006, 13:59   #43
SLK
Senior - BHPian

yup... got it..... thanks.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2006, 13:59   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Todays BT carries an advert of Fiat cars. The Palio 1.6 is for 3.92L(Ex-Showroom), called up dealer to find it more but the concerned person was not there.
Must be a typo.

Palio 1.6 will outsell if sold at that price.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2006, 13:59   #45
Senior - BHPian

Called a fiat dealer again they said that they busy etc, i got angry and told them this high headedness wont do, all Tata dealers are like that and its a disaster and i am going and booking a swift today. Then she got a person on the phone.

The 3.92 is the price for 1.2 i guess.

4.68 is exshowroom for sport.

Palio 1.6 - 5,09,869L OTR with ABS, Air Bags. I think you can bargain on that.