Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th December 2013, 19:11   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: SCOOP: Tata Aria with Automatic Transmission

The funny thing is that we layment auto enthusiasts can think of small/medium steps Tata can take to get out of this morass, but the million dollar question is what are the highly paid MBA Grads from IIM/XLRI inTata Administrative Services (TAS) doing to fix their problems ????
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 11:10   #62
BHPian

I really think this is the kind of upgrade which the Storme would have benefited from. Especially the engine tweak - torque is up by 25%!

As opposed to the Aria, the Storme has moderate momentum in the marketplace. I agree with some of the forum members here that any new news on the Aria now is unlikely to pull up its numbers from the single digit/ teens salesr numbers its managing now.

Why not give the power/ torque upgrade across the board? Why restrict it to only the auto variant?

As far points made on their PR/ marketing effort goes, I couldnt agree more. Leading publications like Autocar bash Tata vehicles much more that the so called international giants, despite the latter having their share of owes. The Storme, for example, did not get a short term or medium term review, something which they consistently do for most cars launched.
While I dont want to get into reasons as to some of the better known auto journos in India would do stuff like this, TML could definitely benefit from positive PR and WOM.
KrishD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 12:23   #63
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Anyone having any update on ARIA Automatic Transmission ?
kaviprem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 12:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

The only last chance Aria has for survival is Aria Automatic which is Innova type niggle free and has a price tag of 12 to 14 lakhs on road. They should cut their stomach, earn less profits and price this out, otherwise NO WAY on this planet with a history like Aria's this product will even even sell !
humyum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2014, 01:58   #65
BHPian

IMO the ONLY way the Aria will pick up sales is if Tata Motors promotes it properly yet at a low cost.

1 way I know this can be done is by them lending a few of their Aria's to Car Rental companies like Uber/ZoomCar/CarzOnRent and allowing people to use them for long drives. Its a Win-Win : Car rental companies get business & TaMo gets to promote their car and even gets paid for it!

Who wouldn't rent an Aria at Rs.10/km (including fuel) for an outstation self drive trip? Or maybe they can keep it ~Rs.14/km and pass-on some freebies so that the target market is not missed.

I wonder how these Auto companies manage the invested capital & depreciation such that they can even still offer products that are doing SO terribly bad in the market. Are costs THAT variable?
WorkingGuru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 08:24   #66
BHPian

I just wanted update on ARIA AT, but neither any forecast of ARIA success nor any astrological predictions about it !

Thanks anyway !
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 14:46   #67
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: SCOOP: Tata Aria with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I just wanted update on ARIA AT, but neither any forecast of ARIA success nor any astrological predictions about it !

Thanks anyway !
I dont think Aria automatic will launch anytime soon. Tata is totally focussing its energy on a new product (Bolt/Zest) where the impresssion starts from scratch. More than an expensive AT, Tata might be playing around with the AMT to price the aria more competitively.

It is comparitively difficult to build back the Aria even with an automatic. The New Aria has not really shot off through the roof. Aria AMT might be on the card sooner than an AT and that too once the bolt/zest prove successful and niggle free.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 11:09   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
It is comparitively difficult to build back the Aria even with an automatic. ...that too once the bolt/zest prove successful and niggle free.

Absolutely. I think a lot rides on the Zest. It is important that Tata's are seen to be manufacturers of quality products. So far every post in every forum says things like "this is a great car with excellent features but...". It is this 'but' they need to get rid off. To me Aria is a great product. One of my colleagues has it and I just loved the car. But every time I hear of ASS issues, quality issues, poor ownership reviews, then alarm bells start ringing. And then we have poor sales numbers.

Zest looks like a great product. It this turns out to be niggle free in the long run then Tata have hit the nail on the head. I like WorkingGuru's idea of getting more Arias as Taxi. Innova has a Taxi image but still people buy it simply because of the reliability factor. When you see taxis with 150000 kms under their belt driving like a charm on the expressway, something in your head says "reliable".
ptushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 11:57   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Anyone having any update on ARIA Automatic Transmission ?
From what a reliable birdie told me, ARIA AT is undergoing ECU / TCU calibration tests. Shift points, in 4x2 and 4x4, modes are being calibrated and are in the final stages of maturity. Birdie also says, Safari AT is also bring tuned parallely - makes sense as both share the same chassis. Launch for Aria AT possibly last quarter of this fiscal year, or early parts of next fiscal year, with the safari following suit.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 21:24   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Launch for Aria AT possibly last quarter of this fiscal year, or early parts of next fiscal year, with the safari following suit.
Oh man! Are you suggesting that the Storme launch will be after Aria AT? That might take it beyond March.
ptushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 07:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
From what a reliable birdie told me, ARIA AT is undergoing ECU / TCU calibration tests. Shift points, in 4x2 and 4x4, modes are being calibrated and are in the final stages of maturity. Birdie also says, Safari AT is also bring tuned parallely - makes sense as both share the same chassis. Launch for Aria AT possibly last quarter of this fiscal year, or early parts of next fiscal year, with the safari following suit.
I hope the birdie is real and the information is so true
Then, my decision to retain my Safari was right. I will wait for the AT of Storme/ARIA to be launched and look for then the right time to buy that.

Thanks arjab!

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   Reply With Quote