Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 14:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
The Annual Report for 2010 - 11 is no longer available on the above link. Looks like team TATA has finally woken up to this blunder
Yes. They have removed the Annual Report for 2010-11 now. But, I have a copy in my desktop like many of other BHPians .
Old 9th November 2011, 16:12   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each

now the same news is on motorbeam too. and they have done mistake with Mahindra Logan Also

Tata Motors Goofs Up With Mahindra Verito and Maxximo | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Old 9th November 2011, 16:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
now the same news is on motorbeam too. and they have done mistake with Mahindra Logan Also

Tata Motors Goofs Up With Mahindra Verito and Maxximo | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Correct. Now, both (Annual report and as well in Service website) have been removed from the Tata website.
Old 9th November 2011, 16:45   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
I only see a Safari picture at the top. Have they corrected it or am I missing something?
Go further down the page. The pictures are after all the gibberish written there.
I see that the pictures/sketches are still there.
Old 9th November 2011, 18:34   #65
BHPian

I was thinking it was the ACE Magic, the market share leader in that category. It sells more than twice the number of M&M's Maxximo. Nice find. I guess the people at TATA need to get their heads together.

Wonder if TATA's rough patch will continue? Already the XUV is super duper hit and Tata now struggles for the launch of the already delayed Safari Merlin. Do we need to say Tata to Tatas now?
Attached Thumbnails
Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each page-ace-magic.jpg  

Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each page-ace-2.jpg  

Old 10th November 2011, 16:58   #66
BHPian

I can't see the annual report for FY2010-11 on their website anymore. Can someone post it? It would be fun to rub-in at someone's nerves at Tata Motors.
Old 10th November 2011, 17:10   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I can't see the annual report for FY2010-11 on their website anymore. Can someone post it? It would be fun to rub-in at someone's nerves at Tata Motors.
The zipped version of the report itself is 10 MB. I will probably try to extract first 10 pages or so and then upload it here .
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 17:31   #68
BHPian

ROFL, i showed this article lot of my peers at work here so that when they copy any image from the net in haste this may happen. Probably Mahindra and Tata source their work to the same company and they reused the images.
Old 10th November 2011, 20:06   #69
BHPian

This is definitely 'Hall of Fame' stuff !!
I think maybe Tata tried to brighten up an otherwise boring Annual report by doing this! Taking cue from Disney and Coke now are we? LOL
Old 10th November 2011, 20:08   #70
BHPian

Okay, agreed that it was M&M Maxximo, it was a mistake.
The one thing I'm unable to think is how such mistake can happen, I mean what that guy/girl was doing with Maxximo image?
Its well known fact that most manufacturer does Reverse Engineering with the competitor's vehicles, but whats the connection with an Annual Report???
If I stress my mind to forcefully think (though unable!) what could have made this happen, only two possibilities,

i) Tata and M&M have a single, common R&D center that may have by mistake mixed/exchanged the vehicle image while making this report, or

ii) Both of them outsourced the report (like what engg students do) to a common media/publisher house at the same time with some lose transparency images. The graphics artist might have dropped the files (like in our Bolly movies, files/briefcases got exchanged!) and while collecting exchanged the images. But in this case we have to verify Annual Report of M&M.

Anybody else want to stress on other possibilities?
Old 10th November 2011, 20:21   #71
BHPian

Another excellent possibility is that they had a "James May at Autocar UK" equivalent personality in the press that TATA trusted this job with.

BH.
Old 10th November 2011, 23:20   #72
Senior - BHPian

Ok mistakes do happen but then trying to cover it up by saying it is a venture!! Had they replied sir it is supposed to be an ace might have been an ace reply but No, they will prove their complete ignorance of their own products by naming it as something which doesnt even match in the overall proportions. Plain Bad Attitude.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 00:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Ok mistakes do happen but then trying to cover it up by saying it is a venture!! Had they replied sir it is supposed to be an ace might have been an ace reply but No, they will prove their complete ignorance of their own products by naming it as something which doesnt even match in the overall proportions. Plain Bad Attitude.
And they replied to me after sending 2 emails to them.
Old 13th November 2011, 09:07   #74
BHPian

It appears that they have removed the pictures and re posted the report with corrections.
If they have corrected the report then in a way they have accepted their mistake.
Gautam Misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 15:09   #75
BHPian

hahahahaha.. this is hilarious.. there's so much difference between the 2 vehicles.. surprising that they have made such a silly mistake! give this report to the media also

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks