Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th September 2012, 21:10   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AG

Happy to see Maruti getting an entry here! From the time I owned a Swift, I could never agree that the maintenance was on the cheaper side. And it's news to me that the labor for periodic maintenance has been increased to 1200/- !! It was 850 last time when I went for a service. Anyway I am getting my 80,000 kms service soon and the extended warranty too expires, I would want to switch to an efficient garage.

Anything to be pointed out in Kottayam for unofficial & competent Maruti service joints?
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 09:14   #137
BHPian

Default Re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AG

Recently i had Swift serviced , she is 6 year old now and seeing the bill i had noticed that the Labour charges are consumable * 3 . I had an interaction abou this with the Advisor and the Customer care who called me later .

If its so high why cant we take cars from VW or Fiat ? My GTX had not given me more than 7-8 k per year for the 7 years i had her with me for all the hard blood drives .

Its always better to give to a local maruti ( authorised ) shop. It will be less than 50%.
rageshbhaskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 10:04   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Anything to be pointed out in Kottayam for unofficial & competent Maruti service joints?
I have been taking my Baleno to Maruti Service Clinic at Vadavathoor for the last couple of times. Seems good, though I had not had any major issues on the engine side, except some tuning (forgot what it was exactly) for mileage which helped. The person is an expert for sure as he was with MASS since long and started a service center of his own.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 11:54   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshbhaskar View Post

Its always better to give to a local maruti ( authorised ) shop. It will be less than 50%.
Local Maruti Authorised shop will be 50% as compared to who?
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 11:59   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Local Maruti Authorised shop will be 50% as compared to who?
Guess that comparison is for MA$$ & an independent garage! Guess he is quite close as the independent garage will not charge so much labor for an oil / filer change + the consumables will cost lesser. I would not be amused to find a 50% difference for normal services.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 13:04   #141
BHPian

He is right .

The local authorized I meant are the exclusive maruthi service centres we have around , but one need to check the history of such a place and get the right person to talk to and get the work done .

Not the big shots like Popular , Indus etc .

I had a verna too and over all i have noticed that if you know about cars and drive carefully with sufficient research on parts to be changed etc , maintenance charges are way lower with Hyundai (Maruthi higher)

But this cant be generalized IMO.

Bigger the service centre , bigger the infra and the volume of staff , ultimately its we customer who pay for all these
rageshbhaskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 18:46   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshbhaskar View Post
He is right .

The local authorized I meant are the exclusive maruthi service centres we have around , but one need to check the history of such a place and get the right person to talk to and get the work done .

Not the big shots like Popular , Indus etc .

I had a verna too and over all i have noticed that if you know about cars and drive carefully with sufficient research on parts to be changed etc , maintenance charges are way lower with Hyundai (Maruthi higher)

But this cant be generalized IMO.

Bigger the service centre , bigger the infra and the volume of staff , ultimately its we customer who pay for all these
I am not sure, but I would think all Maruti Authorised centers (whether it's big or small or dealer or minor centers) would have identical labour charges (at least in the same city).
Old 19th September 2012, 02:13   #143
BHPian

Wink Re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AG

Last week i went to change the wipers for my Ritz at a MASS at Coimbatore. I went there just as i wanted to put only MGP parts onto my vehicle. So they replaced the wiper for about Rs. 530/- and was about to charge Rs. 150 labour for changing the wipers. I just caught them in the nick of time before they billed and had a small bargain and they waivered off the labour.

I was astronished that I was about to be charged 150 Rs. for just cliping the wiper baldes to the wiper stem assembly.
acatgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2012, 08:56   #144

Is there any trusted HYUNDAI car service center (that's not Hyundai owned) in Bangalore ? Thinking of getting my car serviced from a non-company-owned service center this time around !

My Last time's bill was 7k and there was nothing apart from the usual maintenance done.
yes-anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2012, 12:48   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes-anonymous
Is there any trusted HYUNDAI car service center (that's not Hyundai owned) in Bangalore ? Thinking of getting my car serviced from a non-company-owned service center this time around !

My Last time's bill was 7k and there was nothing apart from the usual maintenance done.
Which car you own? How many kms had it done? Can you post the breakup of the service costs?
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2012, 13:01   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes-anonymous View Post

No need to search for a new service centre. Next time you get your car serviced at any Hyundai service centre, be vigilant about any any additional items in the job card. You must refuse items like synthetic oil, engine oil additive, engine flushing etc.

Also, if you find any extra job in the bill, which was not mentioned in the job card, refuse to pay for it.

If you feel that your service centre is taking you for a ride, please give service feedback on Hyundai website. It really works.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 12:41   #147
BHPian

Hey guys. I have a i20 ASTA Petrol. My first paid service is due. So please help me out with what all things I need to take care of while getting the car serviced. I dont want to be in their 'loot'- list.

P.S: My car has done 8200 KMs only and its has run about 3000 since its 3rd free service.
Pancham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 12:48   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hey guys. I have a i20 ASTA Petrol. My first paid service is due. So please help me out with what all things I need to take care of while getting the car serviced. I dont want to be in their 'loot'- list.

P.S: My car has done 8200 KMs only and its has run about 3000 since its 3rd free service.
Every info you need should be in your i20 Handbook. First thing is when is the first 1st paid service(the 4th actual service) supposed to be done? 8000 kms seems to be far too soon for the 4th service
Everything which is done in the 4th service should be mentioned in the handbook in the 4th service description. When you give your car for service tell them clearly that this is all you want done - nothing more, nothing less. When you collect your car, reconcile the bill against the handbook - if there is any extra work done - do not pay for it - I have done this at Maruti & they deducted the charges once I talked to Customer Service Manager.
Old 19th November 2012, 12:53   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Every info you need should be in your i20 Handbook. First thing is when is the first 1st paid service(the 4th actual service) supposed to be done? 8000 kms seems to be far too soon for the 4th service
Everything which is done in the 4th service should be mentioned in the handbook in the 4th service description. When you give your car for service tell them clearly that this is all you want done - nothing more, nothing less. When you collect your car, reconcile the bill against the handbook - if there is any extra work done - do not pay for it - I have done this at Maruti & they deducted the charges once I talked to Customer Service Manager.
8000 Kms might be too less but they had mentioned in 3rd free service that its 6000km(from 3rd free service reading) or 6 months when I need to get the 4th service done. Car is 1.5 years old.
Pancham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 13:00   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
8000 Kms might be too less but they had mentioned in 3rd free service that its 6000km(from 3rd free service reading) or 6 months when I need to get the 4th service done. Car is 1.5 years old.
What does the manual say - does it say the same thing - 6 months or 6000kms after 3rd service?