Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th January 2012, 09:39   #121
BHPian

Default re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AGAIN!

Here is the breakup of service cost for my i10 irde for 15k routine service:

Consumables
--------------
Engine Oil = 693
Consumables (G N) = 109 (What is this ?)
Engine Oil Filter = 75

Labour
--------
Lower Arm removed & Lubrication Done = 433
Caliper Grasing = 75 (Greasing ?)
Throttle body cleaning = 115
Fuel Injector cleaning = 295
Periodic Maintenance Service = 950
Rear Brake Shoes Replacement or cleaning = 150 (cleaning ?)
Strut (shock absorber) Assy (both side) = 290 (what is this ?)

VAT (14% on consumables) = 123
Service Charge (on labour) = 230

TOTAL = 3.5k

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 00:15   #122
BHPian

Default re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AGAIN!

I am totally fed-up with Hyundai A.S.S. - can someone recommend a Delhi NCR FNG (Friendly Neighbourhood Garage) who can love my Verna CRDi SX? Preferably in South Delhi?

Top ups before summer breaks in Delhi: coolant, brake fluid, gear oil, engine oil, AC gas.
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 01:35   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9
Guys, would anybody be having some details about spare-part costs for i20 diesel? If so, please share.

Also, I had read some place that the clutch replacement for i20 diesel costs as much as 24K. Is that correct? If yes, any changes since they have moved to the 5 speed gearbox?
24k for replacing the clutch plate? Are you sure? How many kms will the clutch plate last for 6speed i20 diesel provided it's a high reviving engine and needs frequent gear shifts? And does it come under warranty?
Harshavarthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 02:08   #124
BHPian

Quote:
24k for replacing the clutch plate?
Do they use gold plated clutch plates?

Go to small workshop and ask. Donate me half of the money that you will save
DarkEraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 10:47   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

i am hearing the removal and lubrication of lower arm for the first time, did you complaint about any suspension issues to them which made them do it? is, doing so written in the owner's manual?
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 10:51   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEraser View Post
Do they use gold plated clutch plates?

Go to small workshop and ask. Donate me half of the money that you will save
A friend of mine is also looking to have the clutch replaced on his i20 and also do routine servicing. If you know of any decent independent garages in the eastern suburbs of Mumbai, let me know.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 11:47   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr

Consumables
--------------
Engine Oil = 693
Consumables (G N) = 109 (What is this ?)
Engine Oil Filter = 75

Labour
--------
Caliper Grasing = 75 (Greasing ?)
Throttle body cleaning = 115
Fuel Injector cleaning = 295
Periodic Maintenance Service = 950
Rear Brake Shoes Replacement or cleaning = 150 (cleaning ?)
Strut (shock absorber) Assy (both side) = 290 (what is this ?)

VAT (14% on consumables) = 123
Service Charge (on labour) = 230

TOTAL = 3.5k

Rohan
It's usual to find inexplicable little expenses in Hyundai's service bills. 3-4000 is normal for most small cars. Out Santro, and my friends' Swift and i20
(both petrols) are routinely charged in this range.
But be wary if the service advisors recommend some major parts change. They get commissions for parts consumed, so will try to scare you into spending more if they feel you're the sort that pampers your cars.
one-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 11:53   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
i am hearing the removal and lubrication of lower arm for the first time, did you complaint about any suspension issues to them which made them do it? is, doing so written in the owner's manual?
I did not complain of any suspension issues.

I thought it was a routine process for lubrication, hence did not inquire about this extra charge.

I had visited a recently opened Blue Hyundai service centre for this service. I think this service centre has taken me for a ride. Will avoid this service centre in the future.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 12:27   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Guys, would anybody be having some details about spare-part costs for i20 diesel? If so, please share.

Also, I had read some place that the clutch replacement for i20 diesel costs as much as 24K. Is that correct? If yes, any changes since they have moved to the 5 speed gearbox?
Sorry for the late revert, but the astronomical figure is because Hyundai also changes the flywheel every time they change the clutch (for the i20 diesel).

Don't know why !
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 13:29   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
I am totally fed-up with Hyundai A.S.S. - can someone recommend a Delhi NCR FNG (Friendly Neighbourhood Garage) who can love my Verna CRDi SX? Preferably in South Delhi?

Top ups before summer breaks in Delhi: coolant, brake fluid, gear oil, engine oil, AC gas.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...new-delhi.html (Friendly Neighborhood Garage (FNG) - Imtiaz & Ayub (New Delhi))
svpatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 17:16   #131
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai has increased its labour rates by 10 percent again from July 3, 2012 in tier A cities.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 09:14   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Hyundai has increased its labour rates by 10 percent again from July 3, 2012 in tier A cities.
Maruti hikes it in one shot - from 900 something to 1200. They are ALL the same

/this is swift.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 12:01   #133
BHPian

Default Re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AG

Recently had my Swift Diesel serviced in Mumbai. This was the 20,000 km service. Check out the labour charges:

20/40/60 K service: Rs. 1200/-
Front Brake servicing: Rs. 512/-
Brake bleeding: Rs. 498/-
Engine Control Module R&R: Rs. 195/-

This engine control module R&R charges are for removing and refitting the ECU and its ancillary units for replacing the Diesel Filter .

The above totals to Rs. 2,405 excluding taxes. Maruti is expensive man.
Freewheelin_KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 13:37   #134
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AG

@phamilyman & @Freewheelin_KD, you are in the wrong thread. The one for Maruti suzuki woes is as under:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...heap-myth.html (Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!)

MOds, can the hyundai thread be also moved to "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships" section.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 21:04   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Sorry for the late revert, but the astronomical figure is because Hyundai also changes the flywheel every time they change the clutch (for the i20 diesel).

Don't know why !
This is because they are using Dual Mass Flywheel. DMF helps to dampen out the vibrations on the powertrain due to engine but is quite fragile unit. Even Toyota 1.4 D-4D which are otherwise quite reliable units suffer from premature DMF failures quite a lot.
sarthakgupta is offline   Reply With Quote