Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 22nd June 2012, 11:56   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

Issues like speedometer does not have a glass, Fuel line rupture, HU not working as expected (need software upgrade) are all basic issues to be sorted out in-house and not expect customer to come to the A.S.S to fix.

Toyota scores here where indian companies fail here. Anyone can provide features. A roadside electrician can do magic to bring in "Mood Lighting" effect. Whether its reliable is what matters.

Imagine what would happen if doors open suddenly and there are some stubborn people who will not wear seat belts. Imagine Hill hold fails and my wife is a novice driver.
I agree to this, you've explained it very well. After owning an M&M Product I agree with this - In terms of Quality, Reliability and dependability, we cannot compare Indian Manufacturers with Toyota.

Any day I have at least one issue in my Scorpio, and one or more issue which were not attended by A.S.S properly.

Though I was tempted by Scorpio when it was launched, waited for a couple of generation of modification after closely watching a major electrical issue from one of my friend who owned the first gen Scorpio.

But this time, I was not at all tempted by XUV - even after TDing it. I decided to not to go for M&M again, After spending 16 Lakh of hard earned money, I couldn't think of jumping into the the lengthy thread in this forum from another lengthiest thread loaded with issues and solutions.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:25   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!

Moderator Note : Please stick to the topic; that is, the Chevrolet Trailblazer only.

Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 19:02   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post
Source
+ LED tails!
- Very feminine at the front. Rear 1/4 awkward. Roof rails don't gel with the rest of the car.
The car looks legacy fortunerish from the rear. The headlamps look like a lift off from the Mercedes C Class & the front face is a traditional Chevy / GMC Face.

If priced at 23 OTR for the 4X4, it will dent fortuner's sale for sure.
Old 27th June 2012, 22:16   #64
BHPian

Quote:
The car looks legacy fortunerish from the rear. The headlamps look like a lift off from the Mercedes C Class & the front face is a traditional Chevy / GMC Face.

If priced at 23 OTR for the 4X4, it will dent fortuner's sale for sure.
Yes, but Chevy has been using identical headlamps on their North American Equinox, which too is very feminine unlike their Tahoe(or other traditional SUVs).
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 22:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, but Chevy has been using identical headlamps on their North American Equinox, which too is very feminine unlike their Tahoe(or other traditional SUVs).
I think they would change the lamps for sure. The rear LED light would go and be replaced with bulbs. On a similar note i think head-lamp assembly of a cheaper cost would find its way into the Indian Trailblazer.
Old 28th June 2012, 13:52   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I think they would change the lamps for sure. The rear LED light would go and be replaced with bulbs. On a similar note i think head-lamp assembly of a cheaper cost would find its way into the Indian Trailblazer.
Yes but lets hope they do that. How much would they save by not carrying over LED's and projectors?

Decontent-ing is killing the product.
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 15:07   #67
BHPian

Well if they plan to "Blaze the Trail" they first better workout their turbo lag issues on their diesels. From the reviews , the new captiva also has a "wake up" rpm.
hubolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 18:07   #68
Senior - BHPian

Default Confirmed for India but slightly delayed

Update:

Trailblazer is confirmed for India, but there is a slight delay as GM does not have a "large enough" paint shop to paint the Trailblazer.

People in auto field please share thoughts on whether not having a large enough paint shop is a detterent ? If at all, the components (door, roof and other panels) can be individually painted and then assembled on the final assembly line a.k.a ferrari style . The only concern would be the "pre-paint" electrolyte bath.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 25th July 2012 at 18:10.
Old 25th July 2012, 19:10   #69
BHPian

It certainly is a good looking butch SUV. The question is, at what price are they going to pitch it in? I dont think Chevy have what it takes in terms of brand strength and reach to take on Toyota in the 20-22+ Lac INR range.

If they can somehow manage to price this sub 20k (Ideally around 18'ish) it would certainly pull a lot of momentum that Chevy would need.

Hopefully Chevy will have implemented some of their Indian experience so far into the areas of Fuel Efficiency and Low end Torque
Old 25th July 2012, 19:22   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Confirmed for India but slightly delayed

Quote:
Update:

Trailblazer is confirmed for India, but there is a slight delay as GM does not have a "large enough" paint shop to paint the Trailblazer.

People in auto field please share thoughts on whether not having a large enough paint shop is a detterent ? If at all, the components (door, roof and other panels) can be individually painted and then assembled on the final assembly line a.k.a ferrari style . The only concern would be the "pre-paint" electrolyte bath.
Large in what way? ability to handle volumes or the ability of the fixtures and tanks to hold the body?
Old 25th July 2012, 19:32   #71
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Confirmed for India but slightly delayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Large in what way? ability to handle volumes or the ability of the fixtures and tanks to hold the body?
Large as in availability of area and space large enough to handle SUV Size painting.

IMHO, it should not cost GM Much to even install a new paint shop.
Old 25th July 2012, 19:44   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 943978

Source
+ LED tails!
- Very feminine at the front. Rear 1/4 awkward. Roof rails don't gel with the rest of the car.
Is it just me or does the tail-lamps of the trailblazer look a bit too similar to the pre-facelift fortuner?
Old 1st October 2012, 17:43   #73
BHPian

Putting up two links to the testdrives of the Trailblazer when it was launched in Thailand this year in June. Looks and rides great, IMHO. In the second video, there is a comparo with the Toyota Fortuner and the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in 4x4 conditions. Take a look.

Last edited by 220kmph : 1st October 2012 at 17:57.
220kmph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 19:45   #74
BHPian

Also attaching a link for the Trailblazer ebrochure as available on the Chevrolet Thailand website. I think Chevy has a winner on its hands, provided they get the pricing right.

http://en.chevrolet.co.th/bypass/gmn..._EN_140912.pdf
Old 1st October 2012, 20:32   #75
Senior - BHPian

I am sceptical about the video. Seems all 3 can do whatever the others can do. We don't know whether they were using similar tyres (e.g. MT vs/ AT or HT); also, I refuse to believe that a Fortuner or a Pajero Sport - in the hands of the right driver and using the right tyres - would struggle where the TrailBlazer would succeed (my reference: South African $X4 forums that have all 3 vehicles tested).

Question: what does it take to influence a Thai auto journalist?

P.S.: what is it with those strange noises anyway? Are they supposed to convey something?

P.S. 2: how do you think the Indian public would react when GM - who are aggressively marketing hatchbacks - tell the public that please buy my 25L+ OTR SUV that is the latest and greatest in that segment?

Last edited by nilanjanray : 1st October 2012 at 20:34.
Closed Thread