Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th June 2014, 13:54   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Car Registration Query for Delhi.

Glad to find a discussion that answers some of the questions that I am looking for. I am going to get delivery of my ecosport from V-go Ford, Faridabad, Haryana this week or next week and plan to get it registered in New Delhi.
Dealer is demanding 8500/- for getting registration done. This includes 1100/- for temp registration valid for one month and rest "incidental" charges for getting car registered in New Delhi. Moreover registered of car will happen in good 20 odd days after temp registration is issued. I insisted that in Delhi it doesn't take time to get car registered and you can get it done in 2 days max- and that will justify Rs 8500/- that you are charging for same.

I am in two minds, a) cough up Rs 8500 and keep waiting and be at mercy of dealer or b) take delivery on temp registration and get it registered on my own. I have few questions.
1. I will get insurance/cover note a the time of delivery - are these insurance/cover note valid for temp registered car? and if any things happens i.e accident, theft will insurance company honor my claims ?

2. When and how payment is made to RTO, I could see details of document required to proceed for Registration. Dealer has confirmed that he will give us complete documentation. I could not find how payment is to be made cheque/ cash/DD and at what stage at RTO.

3. If any one has done self registration in Delhi, Please share your experience.

Thanks

SaneOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 21:02   #17
BHPian

I am planning to buy car through csd. Dealer tells me for registration in Delhi govt will take ex showroom price of delhi and not csd price. Is this true?

Another dealer tells me he will give me discount on ex showroom price so that will help me reduce registration costs. Can dealer tinker around with ex showroom price?
heydj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 23:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

No idea about Dilli (my insurance agent takes care of such matters in Dilli) but in Faridabad it is a breeze to self register the vehicle. The timelines being given by your dealer are in line with HR registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneOp View Post
Glad to find a discussion that answers some of the questions that I am looking for. I am going to get delivery of my ecosport from V-go Ford, Faridabad, Haryana this week or next week and plan to get it registered in New Delhi.

Then it beats the point of going via the csd route. Check with your colleagues who have gone this route for exact replies.

As for the other dealer, he is a buffoon. The RTO works on the price list submitted by the manufacturer and not on the dealers inputs. They will charge the tax on full MRP and not on any discounted price.

In fact if you submit a discounted invoice you may be held liable to cough up the VAT amount on the discounted figure and that is exactly where this dealer might be making his money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I am planning to buy car through csd. Dealer tells me for registration in Delhi govt will take ex showroom price of delhi and not csd price. Is this true?

Another dealer tells me he will give me discount on ex showroom price so that will help me reduce registration costs. Can dealer tinker around with ex showroom price?
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 23:29   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another dealer tells me he will give me discount on ex showroom price so that will help me reduce registration costs.
Quote:
The RTO works on the price list submitted by the manufacturer and not on the dealers inputs. They will charge the tax on full MRP and not on any discounted price.
Most likely , Road Tax is applicable on Invoice . It will be good idea to check with some showroom of premium Cars like BMW - those guys never sell anything on List prices

Quote:
n fact if you submit a discounted invoice you may be held liable to cough up the VAT amount on the discounted figure and that is exactly where this dealer might be making his money.
That's wrong information - do you have any first hand experience of this ? I am aware that if we are buying anything from outside state in which we are planning to get vehicle registered , RTO normally charges difference in VAT but nothing when bought in same state . VAT / Sales Tax is always applicable on Invoice price - this has got nothing to do with MRP .
Turbanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 23:46   #20
BHPian

Just to clarify registration works at invoice value or price list given by govt to Rto office?
Old 24th September 2015, 00:39   #21
BHPian

For registration in Delhi do we have to pay cash or cheque or DD?
Old 24th September 2015, 12:38   #22
BHPian

Cheque would be a big no no, atleast here in Chennai, don't know about Delhi. I had enquired about this since my friend was contemplating on buying a MH registered Fiat Palio, they said no cheque. BTW i also came to know that there is no need to change the reg. no. and it is sufficient that we pay the roadtax of the particular state in which the car is used. I don't know how true the info is.
Karthik Chandra is online now   Reply With Quote