Fiat darts into China with new Viaggio

Fiat Linea 2013 - Spy Shot-120423fviaggio01.jpg
Comrade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 13:18   #107
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea 2013 - Spy Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
these are not spy photos; fiat viaggio has been officially unveiled during Beijing auto show. it may or may not replace the existing Linea in India.
IMHO, this car look too non fiatish and resembles the latest Ford Taurus.
Old 24th April 2012, 14:13   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Is it just me , or the side profile of this car looks a lot like SX4?
I agree. This looks more apt for a SX4 upgrade than Linea. I am not sure but if the Fiat- Suzuki alliance has something to do with this design. Then maybe we will get a badge engineered Linea and SX4 which will essentially be the same car sold under different brands. I hope that this does not happen.
Old 24th April 2012, 14:37   #109
BHPian

I Don't know what the others say about Linea being beautiful and all that, but i never liked the Linea, Facelift or not. But This is something different. This looks Yummy!!
Old 24th April 2012, 23:50   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
these are not spy photos; fiat viaggio has been officially unveiled during Beijing auto show. it may or may not replace the existing Linea in India.
IMHO, this car look too non fiatish and resembles the latest Ford Taurus.
I did not mention these are spy shots of 2013-FL fiat linea in my post!! Since we discussed dodge dart (spy shots on page one) and FIAT Viaggio (few posts before me) in this thread, I assumed it is relevant to post those press shots. Cheers.

I don't think Viaggio would be a replacement for Linea as Dart is segment higher in the US and competes against cruze, civic, corolla and likes.
Old 25th April 2012, 00:17   #111
BHPian

There is no doubt that FIAT, Italy makes excellent cars, beautiful cars, cars with the exquisite femininity that makes guys want to possess them. However, the problem with Fiat, India has been their half hearted approach.
How can a company which ranks among the top 3-4 in the world for sheer size not have a decent 1.2 L petrol? Is 67 hp all that they can eke out of it when Hyundai, Honda and Maruti can get 80 hp out of them. Can't Fiat make their cars a little lighter so that their primitive little petrol engine gives a couple of more kms to the Litre?
Can't Fiat, India get better interior plastics for a car like the Punto which is targetted at the masses and potential volumes? GM is able to make excellent interior plastics for tiny volume cars like the Aveo, Optra etc.
Why cant FIAT bring the Linea in with the 1.6 MJD instead of the anaemic 1.3. As a big time manufacturer you cant expect to deal in half measures and expect people to lap up your ladlings. It might help if you are already established like a Maruti, Hyundai who can throw scraps like the Baleno or the Elantra..but certainly wont work if you have a tarnished legacy like FIAT / PAL.
Fiat should come out with all guns blazing in one last ditch stand; throw at the Indian public whatever the mighty Italian giant has in its repetoire insofar as technology, product range and quality is concerned. Dont worry about making money. Keep your profits to the minimum and kick your ASService people hard. Give the Indians the Multijets, multiairs and what have you but keep the prices realistic. Dont go the GM way of asking for 10 L and then offering 90K discounts from month 2.
For God's sake if you Fiat folks are that hard up for thinkers and revival healers, HIRE ME !!
Take care Fiat, and don't let us down anymore; we can't take one more heartbreak.
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:09   #112
Senior - BHPian

The 2013 Linea. Exteriors will divide opinion, but those interiors look just stunning.
Attached Images

sidindica is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:17   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The 2013 Linea. Exteriors will divide opinion, but those interiors look just stunning.
Isn't that just the Punto Evo interiors with beige in between? The more important question is come 2013, will we see it on the Indian streets or just in pics? Will Fiat launch it here?
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:20   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Is that a 6 speed manual? That is a nice new thing then, and Linea will match up to some cars in a segment above.
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:32   #115

Not surprising, any facelift to the present Linea is bound to face divided opinions. IMO the front has somehow lost its charm while the rear definitely has an overdose of chrome. I don't understand why car-makers add dollops of chrome here and there just for a facelift . Looking forward to newer and more interesting engine options from Fiat this time.
Old 5th May 2012, 12:25   #116
BHPian

6 speed manual is only with 1.6L multijet.

Tech specs are at YeniLinea
Old 7th May 2012, 15:50   #117
BHPian

Am I also seeing a dual zone climate control ?? Because there are 2 round knobs near the climate control. In the current car, the one knob is for full automatic climate control and the other button is for engaging the AC.
Here I see that button on a separate row . If thats the case, then that would definitely be a segment first

Name:  07.jpg
Views: 2846
Size:  40.4 KB
Old 7th May 2012, 17:15   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
Am I also seeing a dual zone climate control ?? Because there are 2 round knobs near the climate control. In the current car, the one knob is for full automatic climate control and the other button is for engaging the AC.
Here I see that button on a separate row . If thats the case, then that would definitely be a segment first
Good observation. Probably yes, because the display also shows 23C on both right and left sides in the ACC's display. Whether it will make it to the car in India (if and when the car itself makes it to India) remains to be seen.
Old 8th May 2012, 10:08   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver_prad View Post
I Don't know what the others say about Linea being beautiful and all that, but i never liked the Linea, Facelift or not. But This is something different. This looks Yummy!!
Everybody has his own opinion and beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, but reading this, my chest pains!
Linea is a darling! (No offence buddy.)
Old 8th May 2012, 10:37   #120
BHPian

The current Linea is a favorite amongst the Team BHPians as far as looks are concerned. I loved the front and the side profile, while was never a fan of its rear. To me a Sedan with a plain boot lid and License plate on the bumper is not a looker. Now with the license plate on the boot lid, the rear of the Linea looks great. The Side profile remains unchanged and good. The front looks hideous to say the least. They have Koreanised the front. They should have also changed the Door handles to pull type from the very basic lift type though.

What was not so great in the linea was the interiors. The new Linea interiors looks simply awesome. I love this beige and black combination. The design looks very futuristic. This with the 1.6 MJD should give some necessary fillip to sales in India.
Closed Thread