Old 1st February 2012, 18:09   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Aria : 1.6 lakh discount + 40k exchange bonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
Update ;-)

TATA ARIA 4x2 PURE (Ex DELHI) - 10L ON ROAD

HOWz THAT ....

Thats a brilliant deal !! And a discount of 40000 above the present discount !!.. Seems like Tata is trying really hard to make the Aria sell ...What ever be the case , it sure is an excellent deal

I understand you have a Thar as well .. planning on swapping it for an Aria ??
Enigmatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:51   #122
Senior - BHPian

Guess the discounts dint work as it sold a measly 244 units in Dec '11 497 units in Jan '12. Clearly there is something more amiss in the Aria than just the pricing.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:08   #123
BHPian

I still feel that if Tata Motors offer Alloy wheels , a standard 7" Navigation cum entertainment system , high quality interiors on all varients, this crossover can do well in the market. its just overshadowed by XUV500 , whereas both are different type of vehicles.

Last edited by puneetghai1978 : 2nd February 2012 at 13:09.
puneetghai1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 14:35   #124
BANNED

When Tata decided to provide 4x2 on Aria the price roll back from 4x4 was just 50K this was Pure Greed. They missed an opportunity to legitimately do a proper price correction.

Secondly when Tata decided to offer 4x2 Pure variant, they refused to provide features that they offer on their 6Lakh priced vista i.e good quality fabric on seats, steering mount audio control, bluetooth, alloy wheels , front two Airbags.

If only base pure Aria was launched with the above features at a OTR price of 9.99L and a TOP end pride 4x4 with AT @ OTR 12.99 Lakhs right from October 2010 It could have been a great Indian crossover success story with Aria selling 2-3K units comfortably each month.

Tata with their arrogant compalascence & poor in-efficient understanding of Indian market needs coupled with Mahindra now evidently leaving the traditional domestic UV duo poly with their XYLO & XUV 500 with market fulfilling feature+ PRICING, Now TATA's Grande, Aria became a super duper sales dud and TATA not able to launch Safari Merlin.

Mahindra has made TATA paralysed in domestic UV/MPV market with their facelifted Bolero, Xylo and new XUV 500.

TATA must get out of self destructive compalascence with duo poly arrogance, and listen to customer-market needs and fulfil them efficiently with good VFM pricing with better quality ensured on their products and services.

I am happy to see the rise of Mahindra listening to customer's feed back from their respecitve markets and fulfil them efficiently.

TATA to follow suit to gain back their market share in doemstic MPV & UV segments.

I want all indigenious Indian car makers to become customer responsive and offer quality products and services at competitive prices.

Last edited by harimakesh : 2nd February 2012 at 14:37.
harimakesh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:24   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
I am happy to see the rise of Mahindra listening to customer's feed back from their respecitve markets and fulfil them efficiently.

Actually it is Mahindra who learn lessons from TATA and they should pay some money to them.

Safari - Mahindra learned some lesson and launched Scorpio

ARIA - Mahindra learned lesson and launched XUV.
Mahindra fixed key issues like pricing, customer experience and wild/ugly design.
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:30   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

Actually it is Mahindra who learn lessons from TATA and they should pay some money to them.

Safari - Mahindra learned some lesson and launched Scorpio

ARIA - Mahindra learned lesson and launched XUV.
Mahindra fixed key issues like pricing, customer experience and wild/ugly design.

I am sure TATA will begin to learn from their own mistakes & Mahindra's continued successes on Bolero, Scorpio,Xylo & XUV 500 preventing TATAs further shooting at their own feet product after product in the coming years with right product positioning of improved Safari at lowered prices than the current existing models.

Sorry for being OT:

Then Mahindra should learn to provide the customers with a proper AT on Bolero, Scorpio, Xylo & XUV as an option irrespective of the variant.

I am Sure M&M can easily provide on Bolero as Options ABS, rear demister and two front airbags despite Bolero being built on very old platform, these safety features will make the product contemporary & safe.
harimakesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:52   #127
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra is an aspirational brand to many. I have seen some juniors in my organization tell that they would like to buy a scorpio when they get promoted. One of my colleague wanted to buy the Bolero as his first vehicle. Mahindra is becoming an aspirational brand slowly.

I have so far never heard anyone telling me that they want to buy a Sumo or heck even an Aria. Most models in Tata are Taxi focussed (Safari and Manza Excused) and do not appeal to Private buyers. I Personally liked Vista but just because of the indica tag and taxi image, i did not buy the Vista.

Tata must focus on Brand building and Quality & Fit and finish as thier primary focus. Mahindra was termed a "Jeep Manufacturer" in the early 90s and now they have graduated to Luxury SUV manufacturer (Korando & rexton). Similarly tata must do something to get away from their Taxi image and focus on a more upmarket image.

Eventhough Toyota taxis are common in say Singapore, Dubai, USA etc, Toyota is still an aspirational brand to many.

Whatever discounts Tata offers for Aria, many would move away for almost the same money you get an Innova. Taxi-drivers would prefer Innova to Aria anyday just because of the Reliability factor.

Tata - I have given you water now. To drink or not is upto you.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 20:18   #128
BHPian

Quote:
I do agree with you (Indian21r) on this, the Aria has some alarming issues.

1) Its a 2012 manufactured.
2) Oberoi Motors. Actually ive purchased couple of cars form them and thats the reason i got this deal.
Also, ive seen a black 2011 manufactured for which i have offered them 9,70,000 ;-) let see if it works out.
Hi ,
was goin through your post - does this breakup also include value of your old maruti?

Quote:
On Road Price - 12,70,000
Discount - 1,90,000
Exchange Bonus - 40,000 (Maruti Preferred)
Bargained - 40,000

Final On-road Ex-Delhi Price - 10,00,000/-

Also dude just confirm it might be a 2011 manufactured and 2012 registered vehicle. confirm through your VIN number. My friend was getting same deal through one of the dealers.
kaks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 20:33   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
Also dude just confirm it might be a 2011 manufactured and 2012 registered vehicle. confirm through your VIN number. My friend was getting same deal through one of the dealers.
The car he is getting IS a 2011 model only. No company is broad-minded enough to give a 2012 model at that price.

This discount will exist till all 2011 stocks are sold out at all dealers.

Secondly, there is also a mention of Aria Production line halted till Feb 2012. So the only way he is getting an Aria is a 2011 model.
Old 2nd February 2012, 20:49   #130
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Mahindra is an aspirational brand to many. I have seen some juniors in my organization tell that they would like to buy a scorpio when they get promoted. One of my colleague wanted to buy the Bolero as his first vehicle. Mahindra is becoming an aspirational brand slowly.

I have so far never heard anyone telling me that they want to buy a Sumo or heck even an Aria. Most models in Tata are Taxi focussed (Safari and Manza Excused) and do not appeal to Private buyers. I Personally liked Vista but just because of the indica tag and taxi image, i did not buy the Vista.

Tata must focus on Brand building and Quality & Fit and finish as thier primary focus. Mahindra was termed a "Jeep Manufacturer" in the early 90s and now they have graduated to Luxury SUV manufacturer (Korando & rexton). Similarly tata must do something to get away from their Taxi image and focus on a more upmarket image.

Eventhough Toyota taxis are common in say Singapore, Dubai, USA etc, Toyota is still an aspirational brand to many.

Whatever discounts Tata offers for Aria, many would move away for almost the same money you get an Innova. Taxi-drivers would prefer Innova to Aria anyday just because of the Reliability factor.

Tata - I have given you water now. To drink or not is upto you.
Sorry for being OT here:

What has made the difference between TATA & Mahindra is their attitude towards their respective customer feedback and product improvement based on what the customer needs rather what they can offer as a product.

While now Mahindra is on the right direction with rgard to offer what the customer/market needs it more with their XUV500, Mahindra also encompassing customer/market feedback on their product upgradations to an extent on Bolero, now on Xylo.

Entire Himalayan belt is infested with Mahindra Bolero running as taxi for ages, Verito is Meru taxi's darling and Xylo D2 is only aimed at Cabbies so product serving TAXI segment is not at all an issue world wide.

Entire West and Northern Europe one can find Luxury Mercedes E & C class serving as metered taxi is an example for a good product not losing its repute for its presence in TAXI market.

TATA's failure is due to their Half heartedness in product design, execution. Tata Sumo Grande is a classic example, 2008 launch within 3 years two MKI & MKII upgradations without considering customer/market needs.

TATA is Just continuing with erstwhile Amby/Premier monopoly/duo poly days where what they offered as product has to be accepted by their customer/market.

From Indica-Vista, Sumo-Grande ,Aria , Safari Strome in terms of product positioning, brand building TATA motors is increasingly becoming a case study for how a car manufacturer should not function in each department from design to manufacturing to marketing (pricing and brand building) and after sales service. TATA overestimated their Indica and Sumo brands and killed Vista and Grande to take off by prefixing Indica, Sumo brands on them.

Perhaps TATA by their new ownership of LR they just assumed TATA motors has earned Luxury brand positioning and hence ARIA blunder IMHO.

Upgraded Vista could survive now as it was meeting most customer demands like ABS, Airbags, Steering mount controls, bluetooth,etc

Off late All TATA motors products have lost their VFM tag and no value additions to the product proportionate to price hikes (for Example look at Vista TDI Aqua/LX prices have gone from 4.1L to 4.9 L for 80K hike no value additions at all.)

What TATA has done with Vista in terms of listening to customer feed back and offering them on product upgrade, if TATA does the same on Grande , ARIA and Safari Strome all these will become successful products.

Mahindra is successful with their Bolero, XUV500 and Xylo. Everybody wants to connect with success only. By the way Rexton, Actyon & Korando SUVs are plain ordinary, average quality Korean products Only. They are reasonably reliable yet purposeful VFM products from Saanyong motors.

When TATA listens to Customer feedback their products will become equally successful and desireable by people.

In a open market with many choices around Customer is KING. TATA or Mahindra or anybody can ONLY succeed if they listen to customer's feed back.

I wish TATA develops an all new ATTITUDE of taking its customer/market feedback and incorporate them on their products efficiently and become successful like their VISTA resurrecting with a 11K monthly sales for few months in a row.

Last edited by harimakesh : 2nd February 2012 at 21:07.
harimakesh is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 21:37   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wish TATA develops an all new ATTITUDE of taking its customer/market feedback and incorporate them on their products efficiently and become successful like their VISTA resurrecting with a 11K monthly sales for few months in a row.
Well Said and +1 to that.

I do not understand WHY Tata is not improving Customer Service. Tata has sufficient resources.

Software & BPO Industries (TCS) are benchmarks in Customer Service. There is very little room for error. If you make a mistake you are almost screwed in software. "Sorry" is not at all accpeted. If you make a mistake it is ensured you are penalized. I am not sure Why Tata cannot apply the same benchmark to Tata Motors arm.

Even taking Automobile segment, It has access to JLR Brand (European). You could find one of the best customer friendly actions in Europe and USA. Since Tata has acquired JLR, someone could be recruited to Learn from JLR and implement the same across Tata Motors.
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:51   #132
Senior - BHPian

Isn't its surprising that while Tata Motors is bashed in the previous few posts and it has beaten Hyundai to take No.2 spot for january 2012 sales figures.
Yes Tata looks in serious trouble when we look at Aria, Grande, etc. but at the same time Nano, Vista, Manza are going strong and Safari's reaction is yet to be seen. It seems Taxi market is their biggest and most trusted customer base.
Isn't its surprising that month after month we are suggesting Tata to separate Indica/Indigo from Vista/Manza and Tata is not showing the separate sales numbers of the two. I think if they do more customers may shy away as they will realise that the majority of buyers are from Taxi segments.

Last edited by carwatcher : 2nd February 2012 at 23:03.
carwatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:47   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The car he is getting IS a 2011 model only. No company is broad-minded enough to give a 2012 model at that price.

This discount will exist till all 2011 stocks are sold out at all dealers.

Secondly, there is also a mention of Aria Production line halted till Feb 2012. So the only way he is getting an Aria is a 2011 model.
Its a January 2012 Manufactured for info .......
No one would be stupid enough to buy a car without checking the VIN / Form 21 (Purchase Order of the Dealer) brother.
davidashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:29   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Vista doesn't sell 11,000 units a month. Tata conveniently likes to lump Indica & Vista sales together. I am sure that majority are Indica sales. I own a Vista Quadrajet and am quite happy with the car after 21,000 kms..
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 02:30   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
Hi ,
was goin through your post - does this breakup also include value of your old maruti?
Quote:
Its a January 2012 Manufactured for info .......
No one would be stupid enough to buy a car without checking the VIN / Form 21 (Purchase Order of the Dealer) brother.
Kindly help me understand the breakup, my friend is about to finalise a deal. So does this breakup also include value of your old maruti?

Also he spoke to the Area manager from Tata Motors their who handles this region (NCR), he said till date not a single 2012 model has been sold from any dealer in NCR let alone Noida or oberoi. He added that they are not offering the same discount (1.60L+40k) on the new 2012 manufactured model so no dealer would go into losses by selling them at this scheme. He called this whole thing as rumor.

And now its really intriguing me that if this discount has been offered to you on 2012 model why should my friend take the same on 2011 model. Would you be willing to share the details VIN etc so that we can negotiate same deal on 2012 model as you did?
kaks15 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote