Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 2nd January 2012, 21:22   #211
BHPian

Default re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Somehow I am not very convinced about the upgrade. Fiat should be very critical about the interior quality. That single handedly let both the cars down. Most of its competitor were superior in this category
Old 2nd January 2012, 21:23   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post

Punto
Active-the current Dynamic
Dynamic-the current Emotion
Emotion-the current E pack

Linea

Active-the current Dynamic
Dynamic-the current E pack without alloys
Emotion-Dynamic+16"T Jet alloys+Leather
The ES New Delhi price for current Linea models are 747706(Active), 777713(Dynamic), 823723(Emotion), 879737(EK) and it was posted by someone here that prices will be kept same by Fiat.So effectively we will be getting EK for the price of emotion and emotion for the price of Dynamic and so on IMO.
If that is true then we don't even need discount etc and EK for 8.23L ES New delhi would be a excellent buy.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

@Turbokick:-Completely agree with you,that would have given even more advantage over rival cars and also It would have been somewhat "visible" upgrade for common masses.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 2nd January 2012 at 21:27.
Old 2nd January 2012, 21:40   #213
BHPian

Pricing should be something like it should play with the psychology of general mass.
I strongly believe in the number '9'

6.99 lakhs sounds more convincing than 7.00 lakhs ;-)

Fiat please price it judiciously from day one like Mahindra and even Maruti do! (Gradual increment is acceptable)
Old 2nd January 2012, 21:52   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Pricing should be something like it should play with the psychology of general mass.
I strongly believe in the number '9'

6.99 lakhs sounds more convincing than 7.00 lakhs ;-)

Fiat please price it judiciously from day one like Mahindra and even Maruti do! (Gradual increment is acceptable)
I had studied about this pricing strategy when I was in college . Its :

Odd pricing

In this type of pricing, the seller tends to fix a price whose lastmost digits are odd numbers. This is done so as to give the buyers/consumers no gap for bargaining as the prices seem to be less and yet in an actual sense are too high. A good example of this can be noticed in telephone promotions of some countries like Uganda where instead of writing the price as sh. 40000, they write it as sh. 39999. This pricing policy is common in economies using the free market policy.

Source : Pricing strategies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 2nd January 2012, 22:07   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
The ES New Delhi price for current Linea models are 747706(Active), 777713(Dynamic), 823723(Emotion), 879737(EK) and it was posted by someone here that prices will be kept same by Fiat.So effectively we will be getting EK for the price of emotion and emotion for the price of Dynamic and so on IMO.
If that is true then we don't even need discount etc and EK for 8.23L ES New delhi would be a excellent buy.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!
I don't think that's going to happen. What we can hope for is that the new Emotion, for eg:, may be somewhere mid-way between current Emotion and Emotion Pack - in effect making some amount of the current discounts "official" price cuts. This could be true for the Punto because there are no new features.

However, as mentioned earlier in this thread, the new Linea variants have some feature additions. Emotion will have 16" alloys and leather seats as standard - so I guess the new Emotion will cost atleast the same as current Emotion Pack.

I hope Fiat keeps the prices of the entry level variants unaltered, so as to make them appear more VFM.

Btw, any news on the engine options on the Punto?
Old 2nd January 2012, 22:08   #216
BHPian

Oops. I should have tried my luck in economics
With cars, I don't think you can play too much with the pricing. Can we ?
But when the first digit of the price goes down, it attracts eye balls.
People will start thinking 6.99 lakh rupee MJD Linea as a 'car in 6 lakh rupee bracket'
Seriously ! It works
Old 2nd January 2012, 22:54   #217
Senior - BHPian

Just got an email from Fiat India. Launch is going to happen tomorrow at 1.30 PM.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-fiat1.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2012, 00:14   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Just got an email from Fiat India. Launch is going to happen tomorrow at 1.30 PM.
That maybe the time for streaming the launch online (on the web); the time for the media-function to begin is 12 noon, although the unveiling would typically be much later, since few exalted journos fetch up on time, necessitating a late start, and also after the usual launch-time hoopla is dispensed with!
Old 3rd January 2012, 00:26   #219
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
That maybe the time for streaming the launch online (on the web); the time for the media-function to begin is 12 noon, although the unveiling would typically be much later, since few exalted journos fetch up on time, necessitating a late start, and also after the usual launch-time hoopla is dispensed with!
Is'nt this a Joke

Apart from few upgrades, both the models have nothing worth SHOWING OFF.

Its like changing the brown wrapper of a school kids book with another brown wrapper.

what i can say about Punto

1) Increased Ground Clearence - Anyone can do that
2) New design upholstery - Dont we have Stanley who can do a better job.

Well, Linea might have received certain upgrades, but sincerely i really dont feel Fiat needs to make such a big show-off regarding the same.

I sincerely hope they prove an already dissapointed me wrong tomorrow.
Old 3rd January 2012, 00:43   #220
BANNED

The flash player scroll on this FIAT homepage displays;

'EXPERIENCE ADMIRATION & ACCELERATION LIKE NEVER BEFORE'

Hope they'll be adding more zing to their Punto & Linea Diesel variants by Engine/Gearbox tweaking despite of adding few cosmetic upgrades.
I'm expecting a Palio 'nv' like mid-life upgrade to this FIAT range of cars.

Do check it out at: Fiat India
Old 3rd January 2012, 01:16   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Is'nt this a Joke

Apart from few upgrades, both the models have nothing worth SHOWING OFF.

Its like changing the brown wrapper of a school kids book with another brown wrapper.

what i can say about Punto

1) Increased Ground Clearence - Anyone can do that
2) New design upholstery - Dont we have Stanley who can do a better job.

Well, Linea might have received certain upgrades, but sincerely i really dont feel Fiat needs to make such a big show-off regarding the same.

I sincerely hope they prove an already dissapointed me wrong tomorrow.
+100 and then some more. I'm awaiting the launch with bated breath tomorrow, but if the facelifts are as minor as we have been reading in the previous pages, it would barely suffice to add, much less sustain any decent volumes for Fiat. Come on, Fiat! Please prove me wrong!
Old 3rd January 2012, 08:50   #222
BHPian

Agreed that not many new additional features for the top model, but I think the 'active' getting all the features of 'dynamic' is a good step up for the active. Similarly, the 'dynamic' getting all the features of 'emotion' is a good step up for the 'dynamic', and so on.
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:57   #223
GSM
BHPian

Guys,

Carwale is listing MY Emotion / MY Dynamic / MY Active without any prices for Linea. This is in addition to our regular A / D / E / EP, for which prices are available. I guess, it is for the new / refreshed / 2012 Linea. And the MY Versions are reportedly weighing 1210 Kg against 1291 for the older ones. But what is MY?

Btw, no such thing for Grande Punto. Atleast as of now.

Cheers!

Last edited by GSM : 3rd January 2012 at 11:59. Reason: Weight Information Updated
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:05   #224
Senior - BHPian

What if they did indeed managed to keep some major changes hidden from us. And then surprise us?
Otherwise this much hoopla on part of FIAT for these minor changes is unwarranted.
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:10   #225
BHPian

I think in this whole discussion , nobody has any official word from FIAT what the upgrades are going to be. FIAT has not claimed in a single press release that it is going to be a all-new Punto or Linea.
I think we all are jumping to the gun too quickly without waiting for official unveiling due in minutes from now.
Closed Thread