Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 10th January 2012, 19:32   #466
BHPian

Just booked 90 bhp punto 2012 Tuscan wine. Delivery in 21 to 30 days.

So 90 bhp 2012 is available. Prices are also available fiat India website.
sarswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 21:24   #467
BANNED

Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarswift View Post

Whoa... Great.

Did you get a chance to have a look at the 2012 90 hp. AFAIK the 90 hp is still a good 3 months away from its launch..!

Surprised with your reply.
Old 10th January 2012, 22:33   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarswift View Post

Unless you have booked 1.4 petrol, I'm not able to find anything related to Punto 2012 90 HP

Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-capture.png
This was from the new website for 2012 models

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 2066
Size:  175.9 KB
This was from the fiat-india website

Can you lead people here to the right place?
Old 10th January 2012, 22:41   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Can you lead people here to the right place?
Looks like the website update is still on. I did see the pricing for GP 90HP Diesel this afternoon. It is missing now.
If you notice well, now there is no option to select the City for the pricing. All prices shown are still ES Delhi.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 10th January 2012 at 22:43.
Old 10th January 2012, 22:43   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Unless you have booked 1.4 petrol, I'm not able to find anything related to Punto 2012 90 HP
I think he just meant that it would be a "2012 production" model and not the 2011 as that affects resale later to those who bother about it.

There is no 90 hp 2012 Punto and this would be the same old 90 HP but manufactured in 2012 with a 2012 VIN.
Old 10th January 2012, 23:11   #471
BHPian

Ok,

I checked the website in the afternoon and it had an update for Punto 2012 90 BHP update in the price section. Which has been since removed.

I had asked SA specificaly about the changes in Punto 2012 will be carried over in the car I have booked. With an understanding that I will cancel the booking if it does not work out that way. I had been assured of the same.

Now coming to Punto 90 HP, I understand that there are no inventories left as of now. And hence new cars will be have to manufactured. Now it does not make sense for Fiat to put two different cars in the production line with a different set of components. But then for all I know this might be wishful thinking. The reasons why these changes were not caried over to T-Jet was because there is invetory with Fiat for that model.

Now, for all the above rationalisation I may be wrong. Any case, I dont mind the 2011 model too. so whatever comes is great.
Old 10th January 2012, 23:18   #472
BHPian

The confusion over the availability/launch of the new 90 HP 2012 Punto remains. Guys, please not we are asking for the 90HP Punto with the new better interiors and ground clearance and stuff and NOT a year 2012 manufactured 90 HP Punto.

Old 10th January 2012, 23:33   #473
BHPian

Called up the Fiat helpline and It was confirmed that the car will have an increased GC of 185. Now I request help if somebdy can also confirm with them, so that we can remove the element of wishful thinking.

Also sent an email to Fiat to get clarification on the point.

Regards
Saurabh
Old 11th January 2012, 01:06   #474
Senior - BHPian

Post Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Is there a chance that Fiat will ever offer the 'evo' variant interior on the Punto [2012] sold here? If it did, the Punto would look far more awesome than it is.. That, will more rear leg room and I'll buy one too.

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2012 at 14:33. Reason: Please do NOT post externally-hosted images. Use ONLY our attachment system. Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 08:43   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Is there a chance that Fiat will ever offer the 'evo' variant interior on the Punto [2012] sold here? If it did, the Punto would look far more awesome than it is.. That, will more rear leg room and I'll buy one too.

Image source: random link from google images.com

The interiors do look stunning, but why is it a mirror image of a left hand drive variant?
Old 11th January 2012, 09:55   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
The interiors look awesome. It would certainly boost number with such sporty interiors. If only quality would improve on these cars consistently, I am seriously considering replacing my i20 with this.

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2012 at 14:32. Reason: Removing image from quoted post as it results in unnecessary vertical & horizontal scroll
Old 11th January 2012, 10:13   #477
BHPian

The pace at which fiat is moving, this car will not see day light before 2015. This is why fiat struggles to push its product line, I still rememner the punto sports model shown in last auto expo, god knows when that one will come! What stops them to put Tjet in 1.4 punto?I belived that they will bring the new panda in India, but not to be.

Last edited by asdon : 11th January 2012 at 10:20.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:24   #478
BHPian

I did get a quote for Punto 2012 from VST Motors, Chennai. The on-road price for Punto Dynamic 1.3 comes around 7.18 lacs. Can someone confirm is this the right on-road price. Also does the 2012 active version has power windows on all doors or just the front doors alone?

While on my visit to VST motors I see that there is only one SA for the fiat models and he was not available at my time of visit and sales executive who gave me the printed quote does not have any idea about the models. It would be great if they can have atleast one SA in the showroom for fiat throughout the day.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 11th January 2012, 11:32   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drscaria View Post
A moderator once said, "Once a Fiatian, always a Fiatian" I . Here's why he might have said that,

ADMIRATION ..................(fill in the blanks if u agree/disagree)
. I am in a process to upgrade my Palio 1.6 Stile for two reasons. 1) Wish to buy a diesel hatchback as running has increased significantly 2) Poor service and parts availability for my car. But, even as i write these reasons, i still am heavily tempted to get a Fiat again (Punto Mjd) and may end up buying one.
Old 11th January 2012, 12:24   #480
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
The interiors do look stunning, but why is it a mirror image of a left hand drive variant?
Just posted a photo I found on google images. I didn't see a photo with same interior on a rhd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv1 View Post
The interiors look awesome. It would certainly boost number with such sporty interiors. If only quality would improve on these cars consistently, I am seriously considering replacing my i20 with this.
I kept following the Punto for many years before it launched in India. Couldn't wait forever so got a Fabia. When the Punto launched, I seriously considered trading my [at that time, a not even 1.5 yrs old Fabia] for a diesel punto. But I was so put off by the average quality of the interiors and rear leg room space. If only these 2 factors alone were better, I'd be owning a Punto today. That car is so hot I used to drool everytime I saw it, but when I saw it in flesh when it launched, it completely failed to excite me, forget about it having to 'wow' me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
The pace at which fiat is moving, this car will not see day light before 2015. This is why fiat struggles to push its product line, I still rememner the punto sports model shown in last auto expo, god knows when that one will come! What stops them to put Tjet in 1.4 punto?I belived that they will bring the new panda in India, but not to be.
True. Fiat doesn't seem to capitalize on the market's behavior. Just see how many i20s sell every month [and at their prices, which is not cheap]. Fiat could have at least half of it, if only they bought their latest models and multiple engine variants to India. Every other manufacturer is giving India as much importance for latest products and new launches, as they do international markets. Beats me as to why Fiat cannot simply emulate them [even if they aren't smart enough to start such a trend]. An excellent brand being treated in less than an excellent way.

aK
Closed Thread