Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 12:50   #481
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,957
Thanked: 16,677 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
I did get a quote for Punto 2012 from VST Motors, Chennai. The on-road price for Punto Dynamic 1.3 comes around 7.18 lacs.
Why have the prices shot up so much?

Earlier on-road prices (October 2010, Chennai) were 6.52L for the Dynamic Variant with free insurance, 10k discount + 7k corporate discount bringing the effective on-road price to 6.14L.

Even the Emotion variant was just 6.62L on-road Chennai after discounts (and 7.01L on road without discounts)

Thats like almost a 1L increase in on-road price, Chennai!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th January 2012 at 12:52.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline  
Old 11th January 2012, 13:04   #482
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: EU - Nordic
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 953 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Why have the prices shot up so much?

Earlier on-road prices (October 2010, Chennai) were 6.52L for the Dynamic Variant with free insurance, 10k discount + 7k corporate discount bringing the effective on-road price to 6.14L.
Feature-wise, the 2012 Punto 1.3 Dynamic should be compared to 2011 Punto 1.3 Emotion. With that I guess the price increase would be in the 20-30K range.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 13:26   #483
BHPian
 
nkg77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Trivandrum, Kerala
Posts: 227
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
I did get a quote for Punto 2012 from VST Motors, Chennai. The on-road price for Punto Dynamic 1.3 comes around 7.18 lacs. Can someone confirm is this the right on-road price. Also does the 2012 active version has power windows on all doors or just the front doors alone?

While on my visit to VST motors I see that there is only one SA for the fiat models and he was not available at my time of visit and sales executive who gave me the printed quote does not have any idea about the models. It would be great if they can have atleast one SA in the showroom for fiat throughout the day.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Punto 2012 dynamic 1.3 ex-showroom price is 611307 Rs. So no way the OTR price is going to be 7.18 lac. Please check with the show room people again.
nkg77 is offline  
Old 11th January 2012, 13:37   #484
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,957
Thanked: 16,677 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Feature-wise, the 2012 Punto 1.3 Dynamic should be compared to 2011 Punto 1.3 Emotion. With that I guess the price increase would be in the 20-30K range.
October 2011 - on road price for emotion was 6.62L Chennai. Now Dynamic is 7.18L. Thats 56k effective increase in on- road price, Chennai (Emotion -> Dynamic). Hope the discounts start soon enough.

@sridharj: Were you offered any discounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Punto 2012 dynamic 1.3 ex-showroom price is 611307 Rs. So no way the OTR price is going to be 7.18 lac. Please check with the show room people again.
Previously - Emotion was 607,178 and on -road was 7,01,668. With discounts - it came down to 6.62L.

I believe his OTR is correct. Just that he was not offerred any discounts. Chennai is a lot more expensive than Trivandrum. (Swift ZDi was 7.06L trivandrum while 7.48L Chennai).

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th January 2012 at 13:47.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline  
Old 11th January 2012, 13:43   #485
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Punto 2012 dynamic 1.3 ex-showroom price is 611307 Rs. So no way the OTR price is going to be 7.18 lac. Please check with the show room people again.
Thats Ex-showroom Delhi for Red & White colours, in Bangalore Ex-showroom for premium colour is 6,25,000/- I got a quote with 7000 corp discount+10000 exchange bonus + free RSA (worth 3500), 7,31,000/-
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 15:16   #486
BHPian
 
aqualeo2040's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Back 2 Bangy
Posts: 413
Thanked: 246 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quick & Super stupid question.

(Although the GP is not a chartbuster) will this bump up the resale values of the old Active, Dynamic & Emo models ?

Surprised at the price of the new Dynamic! Its more than what I paid for my Emo Pack!
aqualeo2040 is offline  
Old 11th January 2012, 15:54   #487
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: EU - Nordic
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 953 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
October 2011 - on road price for emotion was 6.62L Chennai. Now Dynamic is 7.18L. Thats 56k effective increase in on- road price, Chennai (Emotion -> Dynamic). Hope the discounts start soon enough.
I think you've been unfairly influenced by the deep discounts that were available on Fiats earlier In isolation, the prices don't seem very high to me.

For eg: the 2012 Punto Dynamic costs 6.11L as opposed to the Swift VDI which costs 5.74L (Cochin). The price difference is about 37K in which you get ABS+EBD, rear window wiper, rear window defogger and music system. i20 CRDi Magna costs about the same as Punto Dynamic and has Auto AC - but does not have ABS+EBD or rear window wiper+washer. Polo TDI CL costs 6.23L and it lacks the same things compared to 2012 Punto Dynamic as the Swift VDI - in fact, the Polo TDI HL costs 7.16L and probably is only as loaded as the Punto Dynamic. So, what car is overpriced?

Last edited by StarrySky : 11th January 2012 at 15:56.
StarrySky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 16:04   #488
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Quick & Super stupid question.

(Although the GP is not a chartbuster) will this bump up the resale values of the old Active, Dynamic & Emo models ?

Surprised at the price of the new Dynamic! Its more than what I paid for my Emo Pack!
It should actually, as Active will come at 6,45,000 OTR BLR, and with no free insurance+ 2 yr warranty(against 50 months) and the only difference is 185mm GC & a Stupid but integrated audio system. which is 60k more than my Active 2010 model.
asdon is offline  
Old 11th January 2012, 16:11   #489
BHPian
 
Makesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 12 Times
Thumbs up Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Hi all,

I have received a call from Madurai Fiat dealer A.R.A.S.P.V and that they have the following cars under discount:

1. 2011 Oct Punto Active - White
2. 2011 Oct Punto Dynamic - Tuscon wine
3. 2011 Oct Punto Emotion - White

All these cars are diesel and offered under 1 Lac cash discount on Ex showroom.at ex
December 2011 prices (note there is a 3% increase now)

Buyers have to bare temp reg charges, insurance, extended warranty and final road tax.

Contact the sales executive directly Rajan - 9894043573

Enjoy!

Makesh.R
Makesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 16:29   #490
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makesh View Post
Hi all,

I have received a call from Madurai Fiat dealer A.R.A.S.P.V and that they have the following cars under discount:

1. 2011 Oct Punto Active - White
2. 2011 Oct Punto Dynamic - Tuscon wine
3. 2011 Oct Punto Emotion - White

All these cars are diesel and offered under 1 Lac cash discount on Ex showroom.at ex
December 2011 prices (note there is a 3% increase now)

Buyers have to bare temp reg charges, insurance, extended warranty and final road tax.

Contact the sales executive directly Rajan - 9894043573

Enjoy!

Makesh.R
Spoke with him, he says he can give Emotion at 5,98L ex-showroom price. Need to recalculate so many things now..
asdon is offline  
Old 11th January 2012, 16:41   #491
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,815 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Polo TDI CL costs 6.23L and it lacks the same things compared to 2012 Punto Dynamic as the Swift VDI - in fact, the Polo TDI HL costs 7.16L and probably is only as loaded as the Punto Dynamic. So, what car is overpriced?
The most important thing that the Polo TDi lacks is the one cylinder. The 1.2 Litre TDi is a 3-pot engine & why it is called a premium hatchback, I fail to understand.
AutoIndian is offline  
Old 11th January 2012, 16:43   #492
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,231
Thanked: 813 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makesh View Post
Hi all,

I have received a call from Madurai Fiat dealer A.R.A.S.P.V and that they have the following cars under discount:

1. 2011 Oct Punto Active - White
2. 2011 Oct Punto Dynamic - Tuscon wine
3. 2011 Oct Punto Emotion - White

All these cars are diesel and offered under 1 Lac cash discount on Ex showroom.at ex
December 2011 prices (note there is a 3% increase now)

Buyers have to bare temp reg charges, insurance, extended warranty and final road tax.

Contact the sales executive directly Rajan - 9894043573

Enjoy!

Makesh.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Spoke with him, he says he can give Emotion at 5,98L ex-showroom price. Need to recalculate so many things now..
Toward the end of December 2011, I heard that all Diesel Puntos are sold out through out the country and one have to wait for 2012 models for the Diesel Punto. Now, your post has surprised me a lot. We will have to carefully assess the car to make sure that they are not selling TD pieces.
rameshnanda is online now  
Old 11th January 2012, 17:15   #493
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Checked out the 2012 Linea today. Didnt find that much improvement in the plastics.
Plastic at the bottom of windshiled had started coming off (perennial problem in Linea/Punto). Also there is no ash tray/cigarette lighter now. Clutch felt very light and the GC is very good now
Soccerfan is offline  
Old 11th January 2012, 17:37   #494
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,231
Thanked: 813 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Checked out the 2012 Linea today. Didnt find that much improvement in the plastics.
Plastic at the bottom of windshiled had started coming off (perennial problem in Linea/Punto). Also there is no ash tray/cigarette lighter now. Clutch felt very light and the GC is very good now
Ash Tray and Cigarette Lighter has been stopped long ago. Its not somthing that is discontinued now. Even I don't have this in my 2011 Linea.

One question. I know there is plastic part at the bottom of windshield in Punto. But, there won't be any in Linea. Can you please correct me if I am wrong.
rameshnanda is online now  
Old 11th January 2012, 18:49   #495
BHPian
 
nkg77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Trivandrum, Kerala
Posts: 227
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Thats Ex-showroom Delhi for Red & White colours, in Bangalore Ex-showroom for premium colour is 6,25,000/- I got a quote with 7000 corp discount+10000 exchange bonus + free RSA (worth 3500), 7,31,000/-
Need to check out the prices in Kerala for 2012 Punto, cause I got my 1.3 MJD EPack for 6.96L OTR almost 9 months back. In comparison with my car the new Dynamic one looks pricy.
nkg77 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Linea and Fiat Punto (90 BHP) Owners. Timing chain issue & recall justin.das Technical Stuff 128 5th December 2017 19:56
Aprilia RSV4 launched. Vespa brand to return in 2012! Edit - Vespa now launched CrAzY dRiVeR Superbikes & Imports 14 26th June 2015 10:52
Fiat Punto / Linea - Limited "Absolute Edition" Now Available .McLaren The Indian Car Scene 64 11th December 2013 15:47
Fiat Caffe & Fiat Punto Sport Launched in Pune moralfibre The Indian Car Scene 68 28th January 2013 22:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks