Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:08   #781
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,429 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
1. If we change all the four speakers ? will it give better sound output with the same default head unit ?
2. If we change the Head unit , Any chances of warranty going for a toss?
3. If we change complete system including the HU and Speakers , what will be best buy back price I can expect ?
1. Don't expect earth shattering difference. But a strictly decent output is what I will expect. I will probably try & add some amplifier, subwoofer etc to pump up quality!

2. Unless you cut wires.

3. OEM equipments hardly get any money - may be 2 or 3K is what my guesses. Instead, keep the stuff with you, uninstall your aftermarket set up & install the OEM set up when you sell the car. You can use the aftermarket set up in the next car if you wish!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd February 2012 at 12:12.
swiftnfurious is online now  
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:14   #782
BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 913
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
You can also think of Scosche Digital FM Transmitter. I had bought this for around 2k for my WagonR and it used to work beautifully to play MP3 and other music without any interference. In Punto and Linea this will be very easy to use due to the location of cigarette lighter point. You won't even need to move your hand away to change music. There are several such inexpensive options available on ebay.
Thanks for the info Vivek.
I've never been fond of FM transmitters, how is the sound quality of this Scosche FM transmitter?

For the speakers I am planning 6.25" components up front and co-axials of the same size at the rear. Not sure where to place the tweeters, any suggestions?
hiren.mistry is offline  
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:27   #783
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burhanpur/Pune
Posts: 37
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
The labour cost will be somewhere around ~ Rs.1400 - Rs.1800 (roughly 4-5 hours job @ 350/hour) - source : Service Manager, one of the TATA-FIAT dealerships in Noida.
Fiat has managed to disappoint its loyal customers once again. This so called upgrade "kit" is not really a "kit" at all. If you see their facebook page they have listed what all is included in the kit. It is just a combination of individual spare parts which you can anyway buy off the shelf.

Also, Fiat is selling the "kit" to old customers at MRP plus charging labour on it. If they want to keep existing customers happy they should have sold the "kit" at cost and levied nominal labour charges.

Plus with the questionable quality of workmanship the TATA ASC offers, I don't see why anyone would take the risk and go for this upgrade (especially at this cost). I think most customers are going to take the "why fix when it ain't broken" path for this so called "upgrade kit".

If Tata-Fiat's labour is charged at Rs.350 per hour, then according to them "oil change" seems to be a 3 hour job since they charge Rs.1100 labour for oil change.
darsa is offline  
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:33   #784
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Thanks for the info Vivek.
I've never been fond of FM transmitters, how is the sound quality of this Scosche FM transmitter?

For the speakers I am planning 6.25" components up front and co-axials of the same size at the rear. Not sure where to place the tweeters, any suggestions?
Even I have always detested those Chinese FM transmitters but was surprised with Scosche FM transmitter. It looks and feel premium and sounds very good. I even tried (just for trying) in Linea and it worked superbly. I have always set it 87.5 FM and it was good since there are no nearby frequencies in Bangalore the nearest being 91.1.

When I had JBL setup in the Linea, the tweeters were put inside the conical section next to door lever. Later I switched to Hertz Deici co-axials and they sounded better than any other system - I tried several setups including Rockford, Apline (as they have really thin speakers), and even infinity. The problem with other speakers is that - you need to increase the volume to plus 10 in order to get decent output and then it becomes loud and loses clarity. With Hertz, the sound is even clear and good at 1 or 2 levels and also at 14 which is loud. Is starts losing clarity at 20+ level but I am sure you won't be able to play music at that level unless you are partying inside the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
1.

3. OEM equipments hardly get any money - may be 2 or 3K is what my guesses. Instead, keep the stuff with you, uninstall your aftermarket set up & install the OEM set up when you sell the car. You can use the aftermarket set up in the next car if you wish!
In Linea and Punto, speakers are mounted on the body with rivets and not screwed. So when you remove them, the outer frame of the speaker breaks unless you are very very careful while breaking the rivets to avoid any breakage to the plastic frame of the speakers. Besides, speakers are really useless - only good for radios. Look at the attached picture.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by GTO : 6th February 2012 at 13:32. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
vivekshukla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 13:45   #785
BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 913
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsa View Post
Fiat has managed to disappoint its loyal customers once again. This so called upgrade "kit" is not really a "kit" at all. If you see their facebook page they have listed what all is included in the kit. It is just a combination of individual spare parts which you can anyway buy off the shelf.

Also, Fiat is selling the "kit" to old customers at MRP plus charging labour on it. If they want to keep existing customers happy they should have sold the "kit" at cost and levied nominal labour charges.
Well the upgrade kit is optional to begin with.
I don't understand why should Fiat offer the kits at a discounted rate to older customers. On the contrary it should be commendable that they have taken this initiative.

Take an example of Civic, Honda will not commit that the 2009 facelight also upgraded the rear suspension. And when I went to check if the 2009 suspension would fit a 2006 car, I was told it cannot as some linkages etc are different.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:11   #786
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 201
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Well the upgrade kit is optional to begin with.
I don't understand why should Fiat offer the kits at a discounted rate to older customers. On the contrary it should be commendable that they have taken this initiative.

Take an example of Civic, Honda will not commit that the 2009 facelight also upgraded the rear suspension. And when I went to check if the 2009 suspension would fit a 2006 car, I was told it cannot as some linkages etc are different.
Totally Agree with you,No other manufacturer offer such kits/upgrade to any existing customers.

Good Job Fiat India for keeping even the older customer happy,one who want to upgrade the GC for Punto & Linea,

I am sure one who want the kit would be happy paying the amount,

Keep it up,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
anupam00 is offline  
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:08   #787
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 73
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Not sure where to place the tweeters, any suggestions?
You can place them at the stock location itself with some juggad. I've the Kicker CS 600.2 tweeters installed at the stock location with some 3M tape protecting it from falling down.
teky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:31   #788
BHPian
 
NSK123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
Thats nice...any location or name details of the Blaupunkt showroon in Banneghatta road
Check this thread... You can have USB + Bluetooth.
NSK123 is offline  
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:42   #789
BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 913
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
You can place them at the stock location itself with some juggad. I've the Kicker CS 600.2 tweeters installed at the stock location with some 3M tape protecting it from falling down.
Thanks, I am now armed with enough information regarding the ICE. Eagerly waiting for the car now.
hiren.mistry is offline  
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:50   #790
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

is punto 90HP 2012 model available? i couldnt see it in their website, not did i find it in the showrooms, all i was told by the Malik cars(dealers for tata cars in Hyderabad) was that it was due this april.

now can some one please confirm or give me some news on the same? my cousin wants to book the polo/fabia if this version is not available.

P.S. pardon me i didnt have the patience to read through 50 odd pages for the answer.
rider60 is offline  
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:58   #791
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: India
Posts: 592
Thanked: 648 Times
Cool Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
is punto 90HP 2012 model available? i couldnt see it in their website, not did i find it in the showrooms, all i was told by the Malik cars(dealers for tata cars in Hyderabad) was that it was due this april.

now can some one please confirm or give me some news on the same? my cousin wants to book the polo/fabia if this version is not available.

P.S. pardon me i didnt have the patience to read through 50 odd pages for the answer.

You could simply searched for "Punto 90 HP 2012 model" and would have got a number of replies on the same. Just an advice from my side.

Anyways, here are the posts (in this thread itself), which will answer your queries:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2655154 (Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2631314 (Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched)


http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...unched-19.html (Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched)

Please note that nobody knows the exact date for the launch of 90 HP Punto.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 3rd February 2012 at 16:00.
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:59   #792
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 633
Thanked: 624 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatpower View Post
Please tell more about this. I saw the specs and was surprised to see the turning radius reduced from 5.4m (2011) to 5m (2012). Looks like a massive improvement on paper. What is your feel on this since you have both the models?
I'm getting the car delivered only on this Monday. Will be able to tell you more as I start driving it.

From my TD experience, I could say the car felt tight around the corners from the usual bloaty stuff.

Also, the car felt more responsive to the steering inputs.

5.4m --> 5m is definitely a major improvement and will make the car much much easier to manouver in the city.
CliffHanger is offline  
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:20   #793
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burhanpur/Pune
Posts: 37
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Well the upgrade kit is optional to begin with.
I don't understand why should Fiat offer the kits at a discounted rate to older customers. On the contrary it should be commendable that they have taken this initiative.
My reasons for saying what I said

1. It is because of the feedback from older customers that Fiat decided to increase the GC. By giving the older owners the kit at cost / discounted price, Fiat has a chance to regain some of the lost faith the current owners have in Fiat after sales. Also it will be considered as a gesture showing respect towards old customers. That is a bigger and kinder gesture than just saying "Here is the kit. Fit it if you want by paying the full price."

2. Counter to your Honda example : Tata had given upgrades to first generation Indica owners (at a discounted price) after Indica V2 was launched. Nano owners have also received upgrades to their cars.

3. They are not extending warranty of the suspension if the kit is fitted. For eg: I know some cases where suspension warranty was not honoured because the car had done more than 35k kms. So for eg : If a current Fiat customer has done 30k kms on his Linea and gets this "kit" fitted : his suspension warranty is for another 5k kms only.
darsa is offline  
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:29   #794
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 999 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsa View Post
My reasons for saying what I said

1. It is because of the feedback from older customers that Fiat decided to increase the GC. By giving the older owners the kit at cost / discounted price, Fiat has a chance to regain some of the lost faith the current owners have in Fiat after sales. Also it will be considered as a gesture showing respect towards old customers. That is a bigger and kinder gesture than just saying "Here is the kit. Fit it if you want by paying the full price."

Now as both the cars are launched with increased GC where is the question of discounted price as one can never compare the cost of increase of GC in 2012 models until unless company shares it with us. The best they can do is price it Actual price Rs.15999 Introductory price Rs.10899.60 to conform to Indian mentality.

Quote:
2. Counter to your Honda example : Tata had given upgrades to first generation Indica owners (at a discounted price) after Indica V2 was launched. Nano owners have also received upgrades to their cars.
Same point above. What is normal price so as to be compared with discounted price.

Quote:
3. They are not extending warranty of the suspension if the kit is fitted. For eg: I know some cases where suspension warranty was not honoured because the car had done more than 35k kms. So for eg : If a current Fiat customer has done 30k kms on his Linea and gets this "kit" fitted : his suspension warranty is for another 5k kms only.
I fully agree with this point.

Last edited by GTO : 6th February 2012 at 13:36. Reason: Use quote the way its meant to be used. No typing in BOLD. Correcting
carwatcher is offline  
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:53   #795
Newbie
 
getmahendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
Thats nice...any location or name details of the Blaupunkt showroon in Banneghatta road
No idea yet but will check out once I get the delivery and share on the forum.

cheers
getmahendra is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Linea and Fiat Punto (90 BHP) Owners. Timing chain issue & recall justin.das Technical Stuff 128 5th December 2017 19:56
Aprilia RSV4 launched. Vespa brand to return in 2012! Edit - Vespa now launched CrAzY dRiVeR Superbikes & Imports 14 26th June 2015 10:52
Fiat Punto / Linea - Limited "Absolute Edition" Now Available .McLaren The Indian Car Scene 64 11th December 2013 15:47
Fiat Caffe & Fiat Punto Sport Launched in Pune moralfibre The Indian Car Scene 68 28th January 2013 22:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks