Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 25th December 2011, 18:19   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Sunny DIESEL launched @ 7.98 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The handling charges at 15.000/- is a total RIP OFF! Don't know, but these guys keep inventing new things to exploit the customers. And what does the standard accessories include?? Mud flaps, mats etc?? And a 6500/- for that as well?
Whats interesting is that in the price list I got from Sky Nissan, there is no mention of handling charges. They have included everything under registration charges and mentioned the same in fine (micro) print below. This is plane cheating since most customers will never ever ask twice about the registration charges.

Here is the pricelist breakup:

Sunny XLD
Exshowroom: 7,98,000
Insurance: 28836
OTR: 9,08,831

Sunny XVD
Ex-showroom: 8,78,000
Insurance: 31,588
OTR: 9,98,583

T&C(mentioned below on the price list)
Registration includes number plate charges, H.P charges (??), and Incidental charges (??).
Old 30th December 2011, 12:18   #77
BHPian

Quote:
The handling charges at 15.000/- is a total RIP OFF! Don't know, but these guys keep inventing new things to exploit the customers.
Most, if not all, manufacturers do charge an amount under handling charges / logistics charges / some other fancy name.
The moot point is how much and what should be this amount to qualify as reasonable?

The registration charges they told me is Rs. 2,500 and is not mentioned anywhere. If I go and do it myself, it will come to around Rs. 1,000.

Quote:
And what does the standard accessories include?? Mud flaps, mats etc?? And a 6500/- for that as well?
The Rs. 6,500 for standard accessories includes ; (1) 4 Mud Flaps ; (2) 2 Foot Mats (ONLY Front) ; (3) 1 Boot Mat ; (4) Teflon Coating ; (5) 1 Body Cover ;
I do not want a Body Cover as I have a covered parking but the salesman insisted that I have to take the accessories come what may.
Of course, later he back-tracked and told me it is optional.

The dealer did not have a diesel vehicle for a test drive.

So I visited the other dealer at Hyderabad, Fortune Nissan in Secunderabad.

I wanted to know the NVH level for a Diesel Sunny and asked so to the dealer.
Funny thing is that the dealer is willing to give a test drive but only as long as I do it for maximum of 2 km within the city on the crowded road (maximum 3rd gear type of road) and keep the speed below 50kmph.
It is now 4 days since I requested and booked a test drive (2 days overdue after the date they committed for making a car available for a test drive).
Looks like my request to know the NVH level has made the dealer decide not to offer a test drive to me, maybe, the NVH levels are pretty high on a highway and that is the reason for them not to get back (I did remind them).

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 30th December 2011 at 12:20.
Old 14th January 2012, 22:44   #78
BHPian

Just saw the Nissan Sunny Diesel advertisement for the very first time on TV. Strange considering the launch was over a month back. Considering the times today, they should have shouted it at the top of their voice that the Diesel Sunny is out.

Edit: Why has my (very small) post count reduced suddenly ?

Last edited by antz.bin : 14th January 2012 at 22:46.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 13:39   #79
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday checked out Sunny XVD for a friend, Spacious car it is, well built. But didn't find it loaded for price as Verna. Sunny XVD is costing 9.92 lacs on road with a waiting period of 6 weeks.
Old 15th January 2012, 14:01   #80
BHPian

Friends
Even I took a test drive of Sunny diesel for a friend who has booked one,must say the car is very spacious.Interiors are bland but ergonomically placed.The car has very minimum clatter outside and inside one won't feel that one is sitting in a diesel car.

Didn't feel and turbo lag and the car really zooms in third gear.It's peppy and will be very easy to drive in the city.On road the XL variant would cost anywhere between 8.6 to 8.7 lacks in my city which i feel is fine for the value you are getting.

Rgds
Braveheart
__________________________________________________ ________________________
Toyota Innova VX-2009
Chevy Spark PS-2009
Maruti Zen -1997
Honda Unicorn-2006
Old 15th January 2012, 14:09   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Yesterday checked out Sunny XVD for a friend, Spacious car it is, well built. But didn't find it loaded for price as Verna. Sunny XVD is costing 9.92 lacs on road with a waiting period of 6 weeks.
Can you elaborate on that a little? The Sunny XVD is actually loaded. Thats the top end model you are talking about. Comes with the smart key, engine start stop, smart entry et al. The Verna SX is 9.6L ex-showroom while the SXO which is the loaded variant is 10.3L ex-showroom. On the road prices will obviously be that much higher. I felt the Sunny was extremely VFM.
Old 15th January 2012, 14:17   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can you elaborate on that a little? The Sunny XVD is actually loaded. Thats the top end model you are talking about. Comes with the smart key, engine start stop, smart entry et al. The Verna SX is 9.6L ex-showroom while the SXO which is the loaded variant is 10.3L ex-showroom. On the road prices will obviously be that much higher. I felt the Sunny was extremely VFM.
You are absolutely right, Sunny XVD is better loaded, with those safety features n all. Actually i made a wrong choice of words . I meant was Verna is glossier package compared to sunny.
Old 15th January 2012, 15:42   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend has booked the Sunny D in Bangy. He said the power is NOT so great and there is turbo lag. He had TDed Vento & Rapid as well and ticked Rapid the best of all from a driver's point of view [he wasn't happy with the interior quality though].

He told me that the waiting period for him was close to 2 months [booked some time in Dec 2011 and expected delivery in Feb 2011] and there are already 300 bookings with the Bangy dealer! Looks like this car is turning around the fortunes for Nissan.

PS: Should we expect this to come in Renault badge as well, soon ?
Old 16th January 2012, 08:18   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: Should we expect this to come in Renault badge as well, soon ?
SnF, yes, i am expecting this car to soon come to Renault, and about 80K cheaper, comparing the prices between Pulse & Micra. But maybe Nissan wants to hold on till Sunny gets good volumes and is labelled as a success.
Old 18th January 2012, 16:30   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
SnF, yes, i am expecting this car to soon come to Renault, and about 80K cheaper, comparing the prices between Pulse & Micra. But maybe Nissan wants to hold on till Sunny gets good volumes and is labelled as a success.
I doubt the Sunny will be rebadged as a Renault. The Sunny brand is synonymous with Nissan. I don't think they will dilute that.

The only reason Renault did what they did with the Pulse is perhaps because they had no car in that segment and wanted to fill that gap quick to create some brand awareness. The same logic applies to the Rapid - Skoda didn't have an Octavia successor and so they just piggy backed on VW's hard work.

Renault does have a C segment car in the Symbol/Thalia - although from some pictures it looks suspiciously like the Sunny:
2012 mystery sedan - Is it Symbol or the next gen Logan

Last edited by StarScream : 18th January 2012 at 16:51. Reason: spelling
Old 18th January 2012, 17:38   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I doubt the Sunny will be rebadged as a Renault. The Sunny brand is synonymous with Nissan. I don't think they will dilute that.

The only reason Renault did what they did with the Pulse is perhaps because they had no car in that segment and wanted to fill that gap quick to create some brand awareness. The same logic applies to the Rapid - Skoda didn't have an Octavia successor and so they just piggy backed on VW's hard work.

Renault does have a C segment car in the Symbol/Thalia - although from some pictures it looks suspiciously like the Sunny:
2012 mystery sedan - Is it Symbol or the next gen Logan
I took think if this is the case,its the Thalia aka Symbol.
Old 24th January 2012, 20:04   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
High Points

- The Sunny Diesel is priced at Rs 7,98,000 (XL) and Rs 8,78,000 (XV), ex-showroom, New Delhi. That's a premium of 1.1 lakhs over the petrol Sunny.

- The Sunny Diesel has an ARAI rating of 21.64 kpl (ARAI certified) .

- The diesel variant is powered by a differently tuned Logan 1.5-liter diesel engine rated at 85 BHP (@ 3750 rpm) and maximum torque of 200 Nm (@ 2000 rpm).