Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th January 2012, 22:58   #256
BHPian

Default Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
The fact that they launched CE model on the pricelist but not making it available for selling when some customer asks for it is the first eye-washing part. As mentioned in my earlier posts, Honda is not expecting or wanting to sell the CE variant. I think the dealer commissions are not good for CE and E variants which makes it the second eye-wash.
Your points might be relevant and might be happening at the dealer level. But in the current market conditions Honda can't afford to be complacent and try to force customers to go for higher variants. Majority of City's prospective customers know what to do when the dealer tries to act smart with them (no dearth of diesel from competition).

Due to the imminent hike in petrol prices almost every fortnight, Honda just can't afford to have huge waiting periods for their cars. Until they get the diesel, they are just battling for time against the govt/fuel companies. They deliver what the customer wants (quickly) OR lose that customer altogether.
Old 8th January 2012, 21:57   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

A short review of the new City facelift in yesterday's Central Chronicle -

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-untitled.gif

Welcome to Chronicle

Click on Page 7.
Old 9th January 2012, 00:10   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

All you wonderful people with the 2008 City who have thoughts of replacing the tail-lamps of their City with those on the 2012 City; here's some news.

The mechanics at Honda A.S.S. *feel* the ones on the new City *might* fit on the old City.

But...

But..

1) they don't have stock yet.
2) the cost is..

wait for it..

2700 a piece! So, that's 5400 gone for a pair!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 15:12   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A short review of the new City facelift in yesterday's Central Chronicle -

Attachment 867470

Welcome to Chronicle

Click on Page 7.
I never knew that City is known for its ride or handling, at least not like some of its competitors. The article talks of good ride and handling for the pre-facelift version, and superlative handling for the post-facelift one!

We really need a proper BHPian review (if not an official one, which I believe is not on the cards) of the post-facelift City to check the ride and handling after the increased GC. Can a member (someone who knows the pre-facelift one as well) please step in, and help wannabe City owners in getting the real picture?

Last edited by Tats07 : 9th January 2012 at 15:14.
Old 9th January 2012, 20:45   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
I never knew that City is known for its ride or handling, at least not like some of its competitors. The article talks of good ride and handling for the pre-facelift version, and superlative handling for the post-facelift one!

We really need a proper BHPian review (if not an official one, which I believe is not on the cards) of the post-facelift City to check the ride and handling after the increased GC. Can a member (someone who knows the pre-facelift one as well) please step in, and help wannabe City owners in getting the real picture?
The City was always good in terms of handling and ride even with earlier GC. I own for for past 8.4K KMs and have driven at triple digits speeds for long time with no issues. And I am sure this updated model will be even better. I guess the tyre sizes are same as in previous variant and only the GC is increased. The extra length is because of stretched bumpers and that will not have any noticeable effect on car's handling character.

Some member on other thread mentioned that Fiesta has best in class music quality but I say NO! City's music system is way better than Fiesta and it is best in class. Overall City is fantastic car minus diesel engine variant and I am sure no other car would be able to catch up with City once it comes with diesel engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
All you wonderful people with the 2008 City who have thoughts of replacing the tail-lamps of their City with those on the 2012 City; here's some news.

The mechanics at Honda A.S.S. *feel* the ones on the new City *might* fit on the old City.

But...

But..

1) they don't have stock yet.
2) the cost is..

wait for it..

2700 a piece! So, that's 5400 gone for a pair!
I got the left side rear light assembly changed for 2600 rupees in Dec, 2010. So the price is more or less the same.

But I will suggest you to change only when your current piece gets cracked or something like that otherwise there is no use of changing the current light, it is actually waste of money.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 10:26   #261
BHPian

Bluevolt,

Spotted this thread only now.You had mentioned to me earlier about the new City being launched and I had seen it on the Honda site too. Thanks for bringing a lot of excitement with this thread,Mate.

I was under the impression that the new one is already out.

But honestly,lack of premium features like ACC and electric ORVM has off balanced the City's premium feel.A sunroof but no ACC!! And Honda AC is only average,too.Compare with your i10.

Now IMHO,buying the top models of City will not give satisfactory ownership feeling-you may keep grumbling and sulking.

The best buy is Corporate edition and customising it-congrats,RavenAvi. The S edition too is very good. But the top ones!? Again chrome will not replce quality featrures- I think.

Great car,great improved design. But feels ridiculous and primitive now in essential luxury features department.

Honda may bring in these missing features for the next generation City-but by the Hyundai et al may incorporate even flying facilities

Avi-great service with the snaps-thanks friend.

Last edited by charthom : 11th January 2012 at 10:30.
charthom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 11:56   #262
PhX
BHPian

If someone can post pictures of the interiors of the Corporate Edition, that would be really great. And in case I missed it in this thread, please let me know which page. I Know Avi's pics are on page 11, but those are pics of the V-MT.
Old 12th January 2012, 15:23   #263
BHPian

Anyone's got idea when are CE deliveries starting?
My SA confirmed that they have received 4 EMTs today. ETA from SA on CE dates by evening.
Old 13th January 2012, 19:27   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Anyone's got idea when are CE deliveries starting?
My SA confirmed that they have received 4 EMTs today. ETA from SA on CE dates by evening.
I was thinking of asking you about your CE's delivery, nitin. What happened to your 15th Jan delivery? What's the latest news from your dealer?

My dealer told me he was getting a CE in the second week of Jan. I called him yesterday and he said he received a delivery of Citys on the 10th but there was no CE in them - 3 EMTs, 1 SMT and 2 VMTs, all pre-ordered.

Trying to get mine by the first week of Feb. Money should be ready by 4th Feb so will pick up my City CE at most by 7th Feb. Let's see how quick my Honda dealer is.

BTW, I am getting my RT and Insurance done myself. Will save me some money and hassle, plus it's easier for me in my city. I will only be paying the Honda guys for temporary registration, illuminated garnishes, Extended Warranty and Roadside Assistance.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th January 2012 at 19:29.
Old 15th January 2012, 00:43   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi

I was thinking of asking you about your CE's delivery, nitin. What happened to your 15th Jan delivery? What's the latest news from your dealer?

Trying to get mine by the first week of Feb. Money should be ready by 4th Feb so will pick up my City CE at most by 7th Feb.

BTW, I am getting my RT and Insurance done myself. Will save me some money and hassle, plus it's easier for me in my city. I will only be paying the Honda guys for temporary registration, illuminated garnishes, Extended Warranty and Roadside Assistance.
Buddy, I wonder why in my country people can't live up to what they promise and everything needs phone calls!
Called a friend to get a CE dispatched. Should get it next week. Will update ASAP.

I definitely am not paying any enrichment charges; if at all the dealer dare ask. No receipt, no payment.

Have you decided on the alloys?
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 17:04   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy, I wonder why in my country people can't live up to what they promise and everything needs phone calls!
Called a friend to get a CE dispatched. Should get it next week. Will update ASAP.

I definitely am not paying any enrichment charges; if at all the dealer dare ask. No receipt, no payment.

Have you decided on the alloys?
Tell me about it. I have made 50+ calls from the day of booking so far. The latest info I have is that the first CE City will be unloading at Raipur on the 25th. I will be there on that date (returning from Agra) so I will be checking it out in the flesh.

Waiting to hear from you as well, if you can get your hands on one earlier. And yes, those enrichment charges are rubbish. Get them struck off asap.

Still looking for the alloys. A contact of a friend says he can get the OEM 5-spoke alloys for 22K, but I am trying to find the 10-spoke ones. If not, I will get the 5-spoke ones (they are better-looking and more chunky anyway).
Old 16th January 2012, 22:18   #267
BHPian

Does anyone know if the add-on packages are still available?? i am talking about the inspire one??? Is the body kit and that special chrome grill still available ??
I find the current stock grill has a too much of chrome on it!
Old 17th January 2012, 10:08   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Does anyone know if the add-on packages are still available?? i am talking about the inspire one??? Is the body kit and that special chrome grill still available ??
I find the current stock grill has a too much of chrome on it!
I guess you are talking of Modulo grill. It is still available as Honda OEM accessory. You are right, the current one has too much chrome.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 21:47   #269
BHPian

Guys, saw the interiors of a city corporate edition today and TRUST ME you will love the interiors if you like it understated & elegant!
Honda has even given a slot in the central console for a 2-din player; a caska / alpine can be slotted in without any panel changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi
Waiting to hear from you as well, if you can get your hands on one earlier. And yes, those enrichment charges are rubbish. Get them struck off asap.
Buddy, saw my car in flesh today; have made the balance payment by cheque. If the cheque gets encashed tomm then I take the car tomm else on Friday. Wait for the pictures.

Ps: Honda seems to be using only Goodyears or probably the entire lot of 12 cars I saw at the dealer's unload had gyrs.
nitin.rai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 22:04   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, saw the interiors of a city corporate edition today and TRUST ME you will love the interiors if you like it understated & elegant!
Honda has even given a slot in the central console for a 2-din player; a caska / alpine can be slotted in without any panel changes.
Fantastic news! Thanks, nitin.

Did you check if they have given internal wiring for the speakers and the HU? And how is the quality of the fabrics of the all-black seats?

Btw, my Autoform art leather seat covers arrived yesterday. U-Impress Black/Silver dual tone combo with "City" printed across. I like it - simple yet elegant.

Quote:
Buddy, saw my car in flesh today; have made the balance payment by cheque. If the cheque gets encashed tomm then I take the car tomm else on Friday. Wait for the pictures.

Ps: Honda seems to be using only Goodyears or probably the entire lot of 12 cars I saw at the dealer's unload had gyrs.
Super news! I am really excited and looking forward to seeing your pics, nitin.

The first Honda City Corporate in Team BHP! Congrats buddy!

And that's disappointing news about the tyres. Goodyears?! Among the 3 available options (other two being Michelin & MRF), Goodyears are the worst of the lost.

Dammit, I hope my CE comes with at least MRFs, although I prefer Michelins. Big NO to Goodyears!

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th January 2012 at 00:33. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post please, thanks
Closed Thread