Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 13th February 2012, 12:00   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmis View Post
I had asked this before also, so kindly excuse me repeating.
Any idea on Honda's strategy of charging 71000 extra for the feature list of just Body colored mirrors, door handles, beige fabric, silver AC knob, black mudguard, integrated audio.
(This is the price and feature difference between CE and E).
The rest of the variants are fairly differentiated by 50k each for a fair set of features. But somehow cant digest the 71k difference.
Any idea whats the hidden reason?
I don't think we can quantify the difference between two variants.

How they arrived at a diff. of 71k between CE and E shall remain the same mystery as how they arrived at the ex-showroom price of a particular variant.

I don't think there's any point wondering about why CE and E are separated by 71k while the rest are by 50k.
Old 13th February 2012, 17:17   #377
Senior - BHPian

I guess the audio system + speakers should cost 20K + or may be more other than that all additional features like body colored handles/mirrors and beige interiors should not cost more than another 20K at the max. So roughly E should be 40-50K dearer than CE.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 10:36   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I guess the audio system + speakers should cost 20K + or may be more other than that all additional features like body colored handles/mirrors and beige interiors should not cost more than another 20K at the max. So roughly E should be 40-50K dearer than CE.
exactly! The feature list doesnot justify more than 30-40k value. To note is the fact that the audio system just comes with front speakers - no rear speakers/tweeters.

What I was trying to say is, this unjustifiable price difference might be just a mode by Honda to sell its higher S and V siblings at a profit. Now, there is close to 2 lacs difference between CE and V, whereas it could have been easily < 1.5 lacs.

On a positive note, we can say, CE is priced real low
Old 16th February 2012, 15:02   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Delivery date has been extended to 29th February.

I wrote to Honda Customer Care asking about this delay in delivery, and got a very nonchalant and careless email reply from one of Honda's Customer Relationship Managers. Needless to say, they got a huge earful (or should we say eyeful) lash from me and apologised in a subsequent email.

Here's the emails:

(me on 7th Feb)

Quote:
Hello Honda,

I booked the new City Corporate on 29th December, 2011, from Shubh Honda, Raipur. Delivery was scheduled to be on 15th February, 2012.

But about a week back, my dealer told me that delivery might be pushed to the 24th, because he was expecting a delivery of cars on the 22nd.

Yesterday morning he called and said that my delivery date will be pushed further to 29th Feb, because the dispatch from the factory to him is scheduled to leave on 22nd/23rd.

As per his information given to me, he is scheduled to get only ONE Corporate model every month, and the Corporate arriving this month is mine.

My questions -

For the entire state of Chhattisgarh, only ONE Corporate?

For a booking of 29th December, delivery to be done on 29th Feb (or later)?

Sorry, but I don't see the logic here.

Either Chhattisgarh is getting step-motherly treatment from Honda (compared to states like Delhi, Maharastra, Gujarat, etc.), or you are simply taking your customers like us for granted.

Don't forget that Volkswagen, Skoda and Hyundai have ramped up their productions and are avidly taking interest in customers for their Ventos, Rapids and Vernas.

I can testify to this because in-spite of telling company personnel of all 3 companies that I have booked the Honda City in December 2011, I am still getting calls from them
with promises of express delivery, A.S.S. commitments and big discounts on offer, even on 2012 models.

Now what do I do?

Slog it out till the 29th and hope against hope that I will get my Corporate delivered on time?
Or cancel my booking and go for a Vento/Rapid/Verna, because they are ready to pounce on my availability?

I am without a car for the past 2 weeks, because I sold my old car since I was sure I would get my Corporate by the 15th.

Where do I go from here, Honda?

Awaiting your reply,

Avinash *******,
Jagdalpur, Chhattisgarh.
(reply received on Feb 9th)

Quote:
Dear Ms. Narvekar, <---- that's not my name! First Mistake

We deeply regret that we were not able to deliver Honda City to you and that you have purchased an another car. <---- what the hell?! Second Mistake

As you must be aware of the twin tragedy Honda has been going through (First the Tsunami in Japan and then the Thailand Floods). due to which were facing severe shortage of parts for the manufacturing of all our new models and thus our anticipated production volumes have been severely effected.

With regards to your concern we are checking the details of the matter from our dealership M/s Shubh Honda, Raipur and request you to kindly bear with us.
For any further concern/query, please contact us at 1800-113-121or 011-39898918.

Assuring you the best of our services at all times.

Regards,

Rosien Haqq
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. ,Greater Noida
My reply (couple hours later)

Quote:
Dear Honda Customer Relations Manager Ms Rosien Haqq,

First of all, you don't even bother to check who or what you are replying to?

"Dear Ms. Narvekar" ???

"We deeply regret that we were not able to deliver Honda City to you and that you have purchased an another car." ???

Who is Ms, Narvekar??

I have purchased another car???

Looks like you haven't even bothered to read my email completely before sending an automated reply from your "Sent Mail" list which was sent to another customer.

Or was it a copy/paste job?

This is atrocious, and it is insulting as well.

You are lucky that I am a Honda loyalist or anyone else receiving this email would have cancelled their booking instantly.

I request your good self to kindly read my email (AGAIN) in FULL before responding to my query.

And please, honor me by addressing me with my real name, and not of someone else's.

Avinash *******,
Jagdalpur, C.G.

P.S. - btw, your Toll Free numbers don't work. I have tried both and none are available.
Their reply a day later (on 10th Feb)

Quote:
Dear Mr *******,

I truly regret for the typographical error .

With regards to your concern we assure you we will put in our best efforts to expedite the delivery of the car.

Regards,

Rosien Haqq
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. ,Greater Noida
By coincidence, the ASM called me on the 9th and I gave a huge earful to him regarding this incident. He apologised profusely and must have taken "Rosien Haqq" to task, and I received that last email above. But even the ASM expressed his helplessness regarding my Corporate's delivery - he clarified that all Honda dealers throughout India are scheduled to receive 1 Corporate per month only, and our state has only 1 dealer. So I have to stick it out till the 29th and see what happens.

Stuff which I am getting fitted at the dealer's -

Side-step illuminated garnishes,
the new VMT 10-spoke "Accord-ish" alloys,
Fog lamps,
Paint job of ORVMs and door handles,
Mud flaps, floor mats & car cover (trying to get this as free from dealer to compensate for my late delivery)

Stuff getting fitted at my local Accessories guy's shop -

Art Leather seat covers,
Pioneer 2-DIN touchscreen HU,
Front components,
Rear 6.5" co-axials,
Keyless entry,
Reverse camera (optional right now),
Sunfilm (optional as well),
Osram Nightbreakers direct fit (optional, haven't decided yet),
Michelin Primacy LC 195/60s (depending on Vitamin M at the end).

Going for Honda Assure with Zero-Dep add-on from the dealer. Getting RTO done by myself at my city.
Old 16th February 2012, 16:21   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Delivery date has been extended to 29th February.
Going for Honda Assure with Zero-Dep add-on from the dealer. Getting RTO done by myself at my city.

@RavenAvi - Highly unnerving to hear the appalling customer service from the Honda Dealer. Guess it has more to do with the fact that they have a monopoly there. Had there been a few more dealers I'm sure the service would have been exactly the opposite.

But fret not my friend. Once you lay your hands on the iVtec and hear its growl all things will be forgotten.

Looking forward to reading your ownership report soon
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 17:15   #381

Booked my Honda CE Edition on 11th February through a dealer here in Gurgaon. I have been promised a delivery in the 1st / 2nd week of March, though the effort to sell me an higher end of Honda City is still on. Automatic variant and the VMT versions are available off the shelf and can be given in a weeks time.

I got my fingers crossed, and if there is any delay beyond March, then i am sure to get the booking cancelled.
Old 16th February 2012, 17:50   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_o_hammer View Post
Booked my Honda CE Edition on 11th February through a dealer here in Gurgaon. I have been promised a delivery in the 1st / 2nd week of March, though the effort to sell me an higher end of Honda City is still on. Automatic variant and the VMT versions are available off the shelf and can be given in a weeks time.

I got my fingers crossed, and if there is any delay beyond March, then i am sure to get the booking cancelled.
From Which dealer have you booked your car?

Ring Road Honda has delivered few CEs in last couple of days as told by my friend.

Try RR Honda.
Old 16th February 2012, 18:01   #383

I have booked it through Ring Road Honda itself. In fact when i went to them, they had 1 Silver CE car in the stock yard in Sector 18 and they were generous enough to offer me a look at it before i booked the car.

Pearl Honda on the other hand has specified at least 2 - 3 months wait for the same model.
Old 16th February 2012, 18:06   #384
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

All I want to say is that the CE is just bang for your buck! I mean the CE is just 8.6 lakhs OTR bangalore! That is not the "premium" honda that we know! Its got 2 airbags and ABS! The sx4 VXI doesnt have these but just has an audio system and remote locking etc! Honda has beaten most c segment petrol cars by pure pricing here. But the downer is that the waiting periods are just too long. All bangalore dealers quote a 4 month waiting period. I almost thought of cancelling my Rapid diesel booking and opting for this as it was a difference of atleast 1.4 lakhs! But the waiting period combined with my yearly running of 12-15k has ensured that I stick to the Rapid TDI.
Old 16th February 2012, 18:36   #385
BHPian

Quote:
I wrote to Honda Customer Care .
Mate could you please share the customer care email address if possible, I have booked one recently and my wait time quoted is 3 months, i wanted to get started on the follow up sooner.

Best - ML.
Old 16th February 2012, 19:01   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
@RavenAvi - Highly unnerving to hear the appalling customer service from the Honda Dealer. Guess it has more to do with the fact that they have a monopoly there. Had there been a few more dealers I'm sure the service would have been exactly the opposite.

But fret not my friend. Once you lay your hands on the iVtec and hear its growl all things will be forgotten.

Looking forward to reading your ownership report soon
That and my dream of owning the City (finally!) is keeping me in the hunt so far. I really hope the Honda Gods smile upon me and send me my City by the 29th.

Thanks, Arup my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_o_hammer View Post

Congrats! The CE is the best VFM offering in the City range. No wonder it's the toughest variant to get, as well. All other models are fairly easily available except the CE.

I really hope you get it by March. GTO has reported that Honda's manufacturing capacity is back in full swing so we should see quicker deliveries in the future from now on.

Check this out -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*Update*

- Honda India announced that it has resumed normal production with two shift operations from today. In the wake of disruption in supplies from Thailand, the company had been working under severe production constraints since November 2011.

- "We will have production of 370 cars per day from today and from next week it will ramp up to 440 units per day. We are confident to achieve peak production output in March 2012”, Honda Siel Cars India Senior Vice-President (Marketing & Sales) Jnaneswar Sen said.

- The production of Honda Brio is resuming from mid February 2012 while the production of Honda Jazz will start towards the end of February 2012. The Brio backlog will be cleared by end of March.
Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
From Which dealer have you booked your car?

Ring Road Honda has delivered few CEs in last couple of days as told by my friend.

Try RR Honda.
You sure, BV?

My ASM says all dealers throughout India are scheduled to get only ONE Corporate every month. For a Honda dealer to deliver more than 1 CE in the same month (or even 2 CEs) sounds a bit iffy. If that's true though, my ASM better get ready for another bashing from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Mate could you please share the customer care email address if possible, I have booked one recently and my wait time quoted is 3 months, i wanted to get started on the follow up sooner.

Best - ML.
Hey buddy, email them at customer_relations@hondacarindia.com.

Be sure to give them a real dose on their outlandish waiting periods, now that their Indian manufacturing capacity is back in full swing, as confirmed by GTO.

I really hope they bump their delivery date to an earlier one ASAP for you. Good luck.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th February 2012 at 19:04.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 19:06   #387
Senior - BHPian

The CE variant is a true VFM variant. I even doubt if Honda makes a profit out of this variant! Hope the diesel (coming next year) CE variant is offered at a 1-1.3L premium over the petrol CE. With those safety features, this would be a steal for sure!

Last edited by aravind.anand : 16th February 2012 at 19:08.
Old 16th February 2012, 19:14   #388
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
That and my dream of owning the City (finally!) is keeping me in the hunt so far. I really hope the Honda Gods smile upon me and send me my City by the 29th.
Sucks to hear about that, Avi. It kind of feels like the two of us were on a somewhat similar journey towards our respective Citys. I can understand the frustration of the extended waiting periods.

Quote:
My ASM says all dealers throughout India are scheduled to get only ONE Corporate every month. For a Honda dealer to deliver more than 1 CE in the same month (or even 2 CEs) sounds a bit iffy. If that's true though, my ASM better get ready for another bashing from me.
Linkway Honda in Mumbai had 3 CEs to give out at the time I got mine, but that may also be because they have 3 showrooms in Mumbai. Rather than 1 CE per dealer, I think it's 1 CE per showroom.

BTW, I'm already done about 650 km. At the rate I'm going, I think I'll be hitting 1000km within just 3 weeks.
PhX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 19:27   #389
BHPian

I can imagine - how most of you guys have already spent quite a bit of time waiting for your cars, i can barely get attention on work post my booking last week and with the 3 month lag time quoted by the dealer is certainly not confidence inspiring.

Thanks RavenAvi for the email - have sent them - let's see what they respond back.

Best
Old 16th February 2012, 19:48   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You sure, BV?

Yup that's what told by my friend who too bought a CE. And I have also spotted some 8-10 CEs on Delhi/NCR roads recently.

But I really can not digest this 'one CE per month per dealer' thing. It means only 12 cars in 12 month from one dealer?

Is it stated in written by Honda? or this is excuse from dealers?

Don't loose hope and your cool, you just need to follow up properly and I am sure you will get it, initially such things do happen.

Last edited by bluevolt : 16th February 2012 at 19:50.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread