Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2013, 16:30   #451
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,247
Thanked: 633 Times
Default Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Thanks StarScream.
To confirm the news by dexter78 i called two honda dealers - sundaramhonda in chennai and Dakshin Honda in bangalore. Both confirmed that the diesel Honda is coming in december/jan. But both said there wont be any diesel automatic. But what troubles me is that whether there will be any facelift along with the city IDTEC roll out. I wish some bhpian gets a spy shot of the upcoming city.

Dev
To answer your question the new City will be a full model change and not a facelift. No spy pics yet but Dexter78 did say it's more aggressive looking than the current car.
StarScream is offline  
Old 14th September 2013, 16:31   #452
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,035
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

What was the time difference in the launch of current City in India and in Thailand. Same question for the Brio.

That should give us some idea on the new City launch.
dipen is offline  
Old 14th September 2013, 17:20   #453
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,963
Thanked: 2,211 Times
Default Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

The current gen City has completed five years this month ; was launched in September 2008 and now its September 2013 and there is no concrete sign of a complete revamp as such. But I expect a new car at least by the AutoExpo next year. Honda normally replaces its models in 5-6 years.
bluevolt is offline  
Old 15th September 2013, 10:12   #454
BHPian
 
namit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 392
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Guys my brother has booked a CITY SAT this week and wants to know if theres an upgrade in the cards again? Something like 2013 end? I told him the next upgrade would be in 2014/15 along with the IDTEC. If you have any news on any interim upgrade please share.
All new city is coming in Jan 2014 and its looks are similar to accord from the rear and car looks much more aggressive and beautifull than the current favourite verna

It will also have a diesel heart
namit is offline  
Old 15th September 2013, 17:40   #455
BHPian
 
irdevanand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 90
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Thanks @namit @bluevolt @dipen for the info.
My neighbor works in a Honda service center and he confirmed that Honda has stopped City production from september. But the reason cited was increasing amaze petrol demand (which is a disguise for controlling the city upgrade news from spreading i guess).

We have both City ivtec and Verna fluidic at home. City is any day a better car and i wish it all success in its diesel avatar. BTW we have cancelled the booking for AT. Thanks to all bhp-ians for helping me out. Wolf pack really. Cheers.

Dev
irdevanand is online now  
Old 15th September 2013, 22:59   #456
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,247
Thanked: 633 Times
Default Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
All new city is coming in Jan 2014 and its looks are similar to accord from the rear and car looks much more aggressive and beautifull than the current favourite verna

It will also have a diesel heart
Could you please share how you know about the looks? Thanks
StarScream is offline  
Old 15th September 2013, 23:23   #457
BHPian
 
namit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 392
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post

Could you please share how you know about the looks? Thanks
Have seen the picture and honda is quiet about it as always for any launch
namit is offline  
Old 16th September 2013, 00:07   #458
BHPian
 
cpbopanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 561
Thanked: 784 Times
Default Possible options: Honda City 2014

Possible options: Honda City 2014

Source: Internet

All the options are are a step forward from the current City
Attached Images
   
cpbopanna is offline  
Old 16th September 2013, 00:10   #459
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,963
Thanked: 2,211 Times
Default Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Thanks @namit @bluevolt @dipen for the info.
My neighbor works in a Honda service center and he confirmed that Honda has stopped City production from september. But the reason cited was increasing amaze petrol demand (which is a disguise for controlling the city upgrade news from spreading i guess).

We have both City ivtec and Verna fluidic at home. City is any day a better car and i wish it all success in its diesel avatar. BTW we have cancelled the booking for AT. Thanks to all bhp-ians for helping me out. Wolf pack really. Cheers.

Dev
Honda has stopped the production of AT variant of City AFAIK. Rest variants are in production. I read about this in some magazine.
bluevolt is offline  
Old 22nd September 2013, 14:35   #460
BHPian
 
spinks_69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: BBSR/KOL/MUM
Posts: 56
Thanked: 46 Times
Smile Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Honda has stopped the production of AT variant of City AFAIK. Rest variants are in production. I read about this in some magazine.
At the outset I would like to thank all fellow TEAM BHP members for giving such valuable insight about the pros and cons of Honda City.

I am given to understand that Honda has stopped production of upper range City models - VMT; VMT (AVN); VAT and focussing more on clearing the backlog of Amaze bookings from 4 months to 45 days. As informed by one of Honda Area Managers the current booking backlog of City is over 3000 numbers. There are no VMT models available in majority of the dealers - particularly in Eastern Region and Andhra Pradesh. Looks like Honda will be launching the new City post Diwali/end December this year.

I am looking for Honda VMT (AVN) Alabaster Silver / Carnellian Red Pearl but the closest one is in Ace Motors - Delhi! I am not to confident on inter city registration and have dropped the idea for time being.

Alternatively, planning to go for Honda City SMT (Carnellian Red Pearl) and upgrade to CASKA CO-AT-3631G, fog lights, tweeter, exhaust pipe etc from Highway Honda, Bhubaneswar.

Would appreciate if you guys can suggest whether it will be difficult to maintain Carnellian Red Pearl as compared to Alabaster Silver. My car will be parked under covered garage at home only but not in office.

Thanks
Spinks
spinks_69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 09:59   #461
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,247
Thanked: 633 Times
Default Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

More indication that something is brewing at Honda - 2014 City?:

Honda Cars India scouts for creative agency for new launch
http://www.exchange4media.com/52836_...ew-launch.html
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:02   #462
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 75
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinks_69 View Post
At the outset I would like to thank all fellow TEAM BHP members for giving such valuable insight about the pros and cons of Honda City.

I am given to understand that Honda has stopped production of upper range City models - VMT; VMT (AVN); VAT and focussing more on clearing the backlog of Amaze bookings from 4 months to 45 days. As informed by one of Honda Area Managers the current booking backlog of City is over 3000 numbers. There are no VMT models available in majority of the dealers - particularly in Eastern Region and Andhra Pradesh. Looks like Honda will be launching the new City post Diwali/end December this year.

I am looking for Honda VMT (AVN) Alabaster Silver / Carnellian Red Pearl but the closest one is in Ace Motors - Delhi! I am not to confident on inter city registration and have dropped the idea for time being.

Alternatively, planning to go for Honda City SMT (Carnellian Red Pearl) and upgrade to CASKA CO-AT-3631G, fog lights, tweeter, exhaust pipe etc from Highway Honda, Bhubaneswar.

Would appreciate if you guys can suggest whether it will be difficult to maintain Carnellian Red Pearl as compared to Alabaster Silver. My car will be parked under covered garage at home only but not in office.

Thanks
Spinks
You can upgrade all you want but I recommend not doing anything that messes with the wiring. I'm not a risk taker myself when it comes to an expensive buy and the cars catching fire thread will tell you that wiring issues is the main cause.
dozer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:12   #463
BHPian
 
spinks_69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: BBSR/KOL/MUM
Posts: 56
Thanked: 46 Times
Smile Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
You can upgrade all you want but I recommend not doing anything that messes with the wiring. I'm not a risk taker myself when it comes to an expensive buy and the cars catching fire thread will tell you that wiring issues is the main cause.
Thanks for your concern. The CASKA HU and other Honda accessories are being installed at the Honda dealership itself by their trained / service personnel. I hope that they do a good job.
spinks_69 is offline  
Old 24th September 2013, 10:48   #464
Distinguished - BHPian
 
paragsachania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,252
Thanked: 10,511 Times
Default Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

I made a Web inquiry in Bangalore on the Dealer site (Whitefield Honda and Dakshin Honda) about S (MT) variant and I got a call today from someone representing Whitefield Honda telling me

"Sir you can go for V(MT) as S(MT) we don't have stock sir"

When I asked if the Production is stopped or having stock is an issue he replied

"No sir, actually new model is coming in March sir, so we dont have stock sir"

I asked him if he can email regarding this for which he declined.

I Immediately called HONDA CARE on the number listed on their website and the lady on the other end assured me that S(MT) is very much under production and took details of the dealer.

I am now waiting to hear back from Whitefield Honda on the same once Honda India reacts to my complaint.

It is sad that these dealers are playing fool with the customers.

Since we have a Honda City S (MT) In the family, I was clear to both Dakshin and Whitefield that I was not looking for any TD and straightaway interested in buying the S (MT) variant.

Last edited by paragsachania : 24th September 2013 at 10:49.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 11:53   #465
BHPian
 
cpbopanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 561
Thanked: 784 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

It is sad that these dealers are playing fool with the customers.
I don't think the dealer is fooling you, on the contrary, it is the manufacturer.

The left-over stocks of what ever variant is available is being cleared. The sales rep from the manufacturer cannot admit the fact lest the inventory remains stuck!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 24th September 2013 at 12:07.
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City CNG to be launched in October 2012. EDIT : Launched! KL01BE The Indian Car Scene 100 15th July 2013 23:32
2012 Toyota Camry. EDIT : Totally undisguised pics on Page 2! theragingbull The International Automotive Scene 66 5th August 2012 20:02
2012 VW Passat (US Version). World Premiere Pics on Page 2 Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 29 13th January 2011 13:55
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED) sidindica The Indian Car Scene 919 11th August 2010 22:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks