Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 11:59   #136
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,011
Thanked: 6,046 Times
Default

@parth, so did you finally buy that Fiesta? What was the final price that you negotiated them with and which dealer. Do post pictures and first feelings with the car.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 12:11   #137
BHPian
 
suprateep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calcutta, Pune
Posts: 98
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

80 odd views and no replies..... !!!
suprateep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 18:51   #138
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 844
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprateep View Post
80 odd views and no replies..... !!!
Congrats on the SX4. It is really a fantastic car with loads of features. Sheer VFM. I own the old SX4. City driving in Blore with 50% AC use gives me around 11KMPL (Tank to tank over the last 2 measurements). The VVT is a better engine and should be giving you around 12 I guess
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 22:52   #139
BHPian
 
suprateep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calcutta, Pune
Posts: 98
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Congrats on the SX4. It is really a fantastic car with loads of features. Sheer VFM. I own the old SX4. City driving in Blore with 50% AC use gives me around 11KMPL (Tank to tank over the last 2 measurements). The VVT is a better engine and should be giving you around 12 I guess
thanks man - did a first round PDI of the car. Went outside the octroi zone and checked the car at the warehouse. Very dirty but no visible marks, scratches, dents etc.

Everyone was surprised with the 14 pager PDI list from tbhp that i carried today.

BTW just asking whether I should go for teflon coating and underbody protection from 3M. The dealer rates were 4500 and 4000 and was too high I guess.

Can anyone from Pune suggest where I should get

1. sunflims (brand and rates)
2. teflon & underbody protection (rates)
3. lumbar support
suprateep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 23:17   #140
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 526
Thanked: 420 Times
Default

Hi Suprateep,

Congrats on choosing the sx4! Its a great car!!

The mileage for normal city use would be about 9.5-10 with shifts at about 3k rpm. This with ac on throughout.

Dont bother with the teflon coating and underbody protection. Its a waste of money. just polish the car once a month. The bottom has been sprayed with some rubberised thingie. Get the monthly under chassis wash done once a month depending n the road conditions..

There is a thread where someone from Pune just bought the new sx in jan or so. Please run a search and go throught the thread for details on pricing, freebies etc. Its basically a first impression and ownership thread.

It also has the vin -decoding details in it.

Cheers!!
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 10:23   #141
BHPian
 
suprateep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calcutta, Pune
Posts: 98
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

thanks james.

I was probably not going the teflon way - the underbody protection thingy was something maybe I was looking at. Anyway the VIN confirms it is a Feb 2010 manufactured model - stroke of luck.

I am planning to do away with 12k worth of freebies (seat covers + steering cover + reverse sensor etc) and take a discount on the body kit. It retails for 29k - dealer confirmed that I could get it for 24-25k, so the body kit for 12-13k extra is I think good value.

Sunflim, tyres (if change needed - only from the handling part, noise is okay) - suggestions needed yet.
suprateep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 16:01   #142
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MAXIMUM CITY - BOMBAY
Posts: 86
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

CONGRATS on the purchase ..

With the rates of sedans going up in the budget and bagging a Feb 2010 model, you are all the more lucky ..

But is it the date of registration that is more relevant or the date of manufacture (when it comes to re-sale) ??



One query though ...

Wont the bodykit negate the advantage of high GC , which is one of the USPs of SX4 ??
INDIAN_VAGABOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 18:54   #143
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 526
Thanked: 420 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprateep View Post
I am planning to do away with 12k worth of freebies (seat covers + steering cover + reverse sensor etc) and take a discount on the body kit. It retails for 29k - dealer confirmed that I could get it for 24-25k, so the body kit for 12-13k extra is I think good value.
Hey i forgot to mention, the body kit is only 21.5k fitted!!! their quote seems quite high to me!
Take art leather seat covers as the stock seat material gets dirty very fast. They cost 5.5-6k.
Steering cover is 550 or 850 bucks for the OE leather one.
Dont fit the mga reverse sensor. its rubbish. Get one from out for about 3.5k. I was going to fit the sensors but ive been managing quite well without them in the city since the past 3 odd months.
Check Xenos .

Last edited by james : 28th February 2010 at 18:57.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 23:00   #144
BHPian
 
suprateep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calcutta, Pune
Posts: 98
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post
CONGRATS on the purchase ..

With the rates of sedans going up in the budget and bagging a Feb 2010 model, you are all the more lucky ..

But is it the date of registration that is more relevant or the date of manufacture (when it comes to re-sale) ??



One query though ...

Wont the bodykit negate the advantage of high GC , which is one of the USPs of SX4 ??
I had initially planned silver but landed with a white which had landed with the dealer some 4 days back - checked all details and shipping details from Gurgaon. So ideally the invoicing will be done at a back date. Till date I don't think Maruti has officially increased rates - this move might see a plethora of sales in March.

I just feel the sx4 looks complete with the body kit somehow - and I am still not planned to take the baby for some rough terrain riding yet. But yes the test drive car really went through some rough terrain going out of the octroi zone in Pune with the stockyard lying some 500ms from the main road. And it was all gravel with 30 degree inclines at some places. The AT glided through nicely so for normal city conditions I think the body kit would not be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Hey i forgot to mention, the body kit is only 21.5k fitted!!! their quote seems quite high to me!
Take art leather seat covers as the stock seat material gets dirty very fast. They cost 5.5-6k.
Steering cover is 550 or 850 bucks for the OE leather one.
Dont fit the mga reverse sensor. its rubbish. Get one from out for about 3.5k. I was going to fit the sensors but ive been managing quite well without them in the city since the past 3 odd months.
Check Xenos .
Yes I told the dealers about the price - in case I finalize they are gonna work on the rates. I will take your word and let go of the Maruti parking sensors and seatcovers even if I dont like them. Will take the body kit at a reduced price.

Sunflim yet to decide - preferably want something greyish or black - for the looks. 3M and Lumar seem popular choices on the forum.
suprateep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 06:28   #145
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,786
Thanked: 7,456 Times
Default

Sprateep, Just a curious question. You said its your first dream car? Does it mean is it your first CAR or the first DREAM car?

I can see your signature that you drove that you drove an 800!

Well any way congrats for the purchase. I think I did not see the colour mentioned (or did I miss it?). If it IS is your first car, then great, that your first itself is a BIG sedan. I know lots of first time folks (who have freshly learnt driving), in spite of having the power buy a big one, start with small cars or hatches! Congrats once again and drive safe.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 11:02   #146
BHPian
 
suprateep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calcutta, Pune
Posts: 98
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sprateep, Just a curious question. You said its your first dream car? Does it mean is it your first CAR or the first DREAM car?

I can see your signature that you drove that you drove an 800!

Well any way congrats for the purchase. I think I did not see the colour mentioned (or did I miss it?). If it IS is your first car, then great, that your first itself is a BIG sedan. I know lots of first time folks (who have freshly learnt driving), in spite of having the power buy a big one, start with small cars or hatches! Congrats once again and drive safe.
Thanks mate. Well its officially my first car - always wanted a sedan from the start. I did own a few second hand cars in between shifting jobs and cities and delayed this purchase on grounds of job movement and onsite postings - but finally after putting down my papers for a much needed break from job life - I decided to purchase this sedan.

BTW its a white SX4.
suprateep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 11:32   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 1,001
Thanked: 288 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprateep View Post

Can anyone from Pune suggest where I should get

1. sunflims (brand and rates)
2. teflon & underbody protection (rates)
3. lumbar support
Check this thread for accessories shops in pune http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...int-shops.html (Pune City: Accessories, Workshops/Paint shops)

You may want to get in touch with recent SX4 owners like 'mrwalker' or 'devendradesh' from pune.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html (My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html (Maruti SX4 AT : 2000 KMs initial ownership report)
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 15:53   #148
BHPian
 
shreeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 271
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Hi Suprateep,
Just saw your thread. I bought a SX4 ZXi in Jan in Pune, so PM me if you have any questions.
shreeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 18:10   #149
BHPian
 
suprateep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calcutta, Pune
Posts: 98
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

thanks mate - will do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Hi Suprateep,
Just saw your thread. I bought a SX4 ZXi in Jan in Pune, so PM me if you have any questions.
sure buddy. Already sent you a pm.
suprateep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:04   #150
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 235
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Hi,


Is any one got latest price & offers on GP/linea mjd in bengaluru, prerana motors still don't have the same.
subbarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1) numerouno The Indian Car Scene 11722 5th December 2016 16:02
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
The "Offers" thread : Post all offers, discounts and deals here Antonian Shifting gears 26 4th December 2012 16:57
Freebies, Bargains, Discounts, Offers, Goodies umang dutt The Indian Car Scene 3 21st May 2012 16:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks