Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2013, 16:29   #3001
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 57
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Am looking to go for either A6 2.0TDI or 520D, what would be the best deal for 2012 model, (just incase somebody is in the same boat as me). We are being offered about 4.65L off on A6 and about 4L on 520D here in Delhi. Has anybody got a better deal than this...
RickyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 16:44   #3002
BHPian
 
Karan1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Thane
Posts: 157
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
Am looking to go for either A6 2.0TDI or 520D, what would be the best deal for 2012 model, (just incase somebody is in the same boat as me). We are being offered about 4.65L off on A6 and about 4L on 520D here in Delhi. Has anybody got a better deal than this...
For a 2012 car the discount seems fairly too less, you maau want to negotiate much harder.
Karan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 17:15   #3003
BHPian
 
bobbafett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 107
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
Am looking to go for either A6 2.0TDI or 520D, what would be the best deal for 2012 model, (just incase somebody is in the same boat as me). We are being offered about 4.65L off on A6 and about 4L on 520D here in Delhi. Has anybody got a better deal than this...
Hi, just curious, did you also check the discounts available for the A4 ?
bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 17:31   #3004
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 57
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
For a 2012 car the discount seems fairly too less, you maau want to negotiate much harder.
I am waiting for them to come up with a better offer as the current offer is not very tempting to buy a 2012 version. Have given them our target prices.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd January 2013 at 10:53.
RickyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 13:05   #3005
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 180
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I too am in the market for a diesel hatch and it seems most car companies haven't announced their offers to the dealers for this month. Maruti is expected to mail it to them by 5th.

Also, Maruti dealers would only start getting 2013 manufactured cars from 15th Jan onward (this is in Ggn though). Deals for 2012 models should get sweeter post 15th is my guess.
Sinner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 14:36   #3006
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,790
Thanked: 7,458 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Benz to hike prices from Jan 14 by ~ 3%

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...ices-in-india/
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 08:28   #3007
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cochin, B'lore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 101 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post

I am waiting for them to come up with a better offer as the current offer is not very tempting to buy a 2012 version. Hve given them our target pxs.
Even I was offered a 4l off on the 520d, bringing its OTR here, in Kochi to 44l. The OTR of the 320d luxuryplus is close to 42l, so I doubt I can expect anything more significant on the 5. Also, I heard BMW have hiked their prices by ~5% effective 1st Jan. Would this effect discounts on 2012 models?
275BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 10:16   #3008
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,651 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
Would this effect discounts on 2012 models?
You should haggle your dealer to give you the discount as per the 2012 price if you are buying a 2012 car


I am in a similar situation, does anyone know if it is even legal for the dealer to sell the 2012 car with 2013 prices? In my case the price hike is substantial. If the car has been bought and imported in 2012 by the dealer, he is merely trying to benefit from the price hike which should only be valid for 2013 cars.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:26   #3009
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 214
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Looks like Nano special edition offer stays for January. However, welcome bonus, 6000Rs voucher for shopping at Tanishq etc would be withdrawn. Effectively price comes to 2.45L OTR here in Kolhapur.

BTW 2011 model is available at 50000 Rs discount.

Rgds.
sindabad.sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 14:36   #3010
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Got a call from Mahindra dealer and looks like the deal for January will be better than DEC 2012 for Xylo. They are expecting a cash discount of 75 K.
vinukm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 16:15   #3011
rkg
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 973
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Got a call from Mahindra dealer and looks like the deal for January will be better than DEC 2012 for Xylo. They are expecting a cash discount of 75 K.
Xylo to Scorpio ex show room price is almost same.

Hence it is better to opt for scorpio due better resale value
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 21:58   #3012
BHPian
 
sambhav.jain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Aurangabad
Posts: 47
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
does anyone know if it is even legal for the dealer to sell the 2012 car with 2013 prices? If the car has been bought and imported in 2012 by the dealer, he is merely trying to benefit from the price hike which should only be valid for 2013 cars.
This is a very valid point. I would also like to know what the laws say about it if there is a law for it. I guess it affects the high end cars more than the lower priced cars has the price hike is substantial.

I hope someone can shed some light on this..Moderators/Anyone?
sambhav.jain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 18:42   #3013
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 531
Thanked: 350 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
This is a very valid point. I would also like to know what the laws say about it if there is a law for it. I guess it affects the high end cars more than the lower priced cars has the price hike is substantial.

I hope someone can shed some light on this..Moderators/Anyone?
I dont understand why you would like to know the laws of this. I dont think that there are any laws to control car prices because
- Cars dont come with MRP tag.
- All the rights are givent to dealer to sell it at the best price and make profit.
- It is already written in the Price sheet that, the prices & features are subject to change at any time. This is soley decided by the manufacturer.

If you are interested in taking a car, go and Ask for 2012 price. If he is not ready to give it, Ask him to give a 2013 Manufactured car.

I would say, Be flexible if not, be ready to pay the price.
gemi_kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 19:33   #3014
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 169
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
I too am in the market for a diesel hatch and it seems most car companies haven't announced their offers to the dealers for this month. Maruti is expected to mail it to them by 5th.

Also, Maruti dealers would only start getting 2013 manufactured cars from 15th Jan onward (this is in Ggn though). Deals for 2012 models should get sweeter post 15th is my guess.
Fiat has following message on their website:
"We are revising our prices and will be back soon with the new price list ."

Source: http://www.fiat-india.com/CarPrices.aspx
dmplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 20:01   #3015
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,716
Thanked: 1,227 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Fiat has following message on their website:
"We are revising our prices and will be back soon with the new price list ."

Source: http://www.fiat-india.com/CarPrices.aspx
And so is Renault. Looks like the price hikes are now rolling in one after another.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1) numerouno The Indian Car Scene 11722 5th December 2016 16:02
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
The "Offers" thread : Post all offers, discounts and deals here Antonian Shifting gears 26 4th December 2012 16:57
Freebies, Bargains, Discounts, Offers, Goodies umang dutt The Indian Car Scene 3 21st May 2012 16:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks