Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th August 2013, 13:17   #3856
BHPian

Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
UPDATE ON MUMBAI BMW DISCOUNTS:
[1]On 520d, there's a Rs5,00,000 discount on the Rs49,50,000 on road price
[2]On 320d base model there's a Rs3,00,000 discount on the Rs35,00,000 on road
[3]X1 price on road is Rs33,80,000 and they're offering 3,00,000 off
If you negotiate you can get 5 lacs off on the 3 series. A friend of mine got almost 5.50 off a few months ago. For the X1 as well they told me 4 lacs without any negotiations. I'm sure if you push it they will give more.
manishk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 13:22   #3857
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
I have been discussing with a couple of Hyundai dealers in Bangalore for discounts on i10 Era 1.1 variant and here's what I am getting:

Normal On Road Price in Bangalore (incl extended warranty) - INR 5.08 lacs
Price offered for booking in August (incl extended warranty) - INR 4.55 lacs

The same dealer is offering Magna 1.1 at INR 4.73 lacs and Magna 1.2 at ~4.85 lacs.

Do you think this is a good offer for an i10? I am trying to extract something more in terms of accessories such as remote lock etc. Would it be too optimistic?
Do you really want to buy the i10? The BRIO base model E-MT costs around 4.6 lacs on road and its a much better car IMO, compared to i10.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 16:22   #3858
BHPian

Anyone knows if Mitsubishi has started offering any discounts on Pajero Sport. I don't think the SUV is still selling in large numbers even after the recent facelift and interior changes. They had also mentioned that prices may go down further after the localisation increases this year. Any news on that count?
ajit_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 17:26   #3859
nmo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Any idea if any Delhi ncr dealer has old stock of mjd emotion ? That 2 lakhs off on a Linea is tempting.
There was a Linea MJD Emotion available in NCR (Mfg: March 12) as well a Dynamic (Mfg: March 12) and couple of Active MJDs (Mfg: Feb / March 12) a fortnight back. Will check and let you know. 2 Lac discount in NCR is confirmed as it is a much more competitive market than Mumbai. However, please be prepared for a delayed response as folks at Fiat are quite laid back. It took me 2 weeks to work out my deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Thanks! Any delicious offers in Bangalore?
Puntos available @ Bangalore. No Lineas which were only available in Hyderabad in Southern Zone a fortnight back. Please revert if you are interested in picking one of these Puntos and I will check out the specifics based on your interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Congratulations on the booking. Alongside the battery get all of the fluids changed i.e. the engine oil, coolant, gearbox oil, hydraulic fluid(brake, clutch & steering) and then change out the tires.
The fluids have been changed by the dealer already. Thank you for this valuable tip. As regards the tyres, I was offered Rs 2,000/- each for the stock tyres while the bridgestone MY-02 were costing Rs 5,700/-. No Michelin / Yoko were available and the differential was working out to Rs 18,500/-. So, I thought that I would try out my luck at Mumbai with Pal Tyres after the vehicle is delivered this week @ Mumbai.

I will try to get the latest inventory and post but it may take a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Unable to email you. Is there any other way I can contact you? I am in Pune and in the market for a sedan.
I do not have info about Pune inventory since things would have been handled at Plant level. However, there was a Linea MJD Active (Mfg: Feb'12) available at Akola and a Linea MJD Dynamic (Mfg: Feb'12) available at Surat. Will check and let you know.

Quote:

You can post the available stock details here, there is no harm in that. I myself have been toying with the idea of getting a Punto sports, if one can still be found.
There was a Grand Punto 90HP Sport (Mfg: Nov 12) available with a Bhopal dealer. Can check and let you know if you are interested.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th August 2013 at 18:34.
nmo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 18:48   #3860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post
...Puntos available @ Bangalore. No Lineas which were only available in Hyderabad in Southern Zone a fortnight back. Please revert if you are interested in picking one of these Puntos and I will check out the specifics based on your interest......
Interested for Linea. Would probably have to drive it down. Could we negotiate further?

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 6th August 2013 at 18:55.
GrammarNazi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 19:05   #3861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post

Puntos available @ Bangalore. No Lineas which were only available in Hyderabad in Southern Zone a fortnight back.
Any idea if any punto is available in Hyderabad?. I will check with them either way this weekend, but if I go with information in-hand it would be better to deal with these guys.

Thanks.
drvhplyevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 19:40   #3862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajit_72 View Post
Anyone knows if Mitsubishi has started offering any discounts on Pajero Sport. I don't think the SUV is still selling in large numbers even after the recent facelift and interior changes. They had also mentioned that prices may go down further after the localisation increases this year. Any news on that count?
It seems there are no discounts being offered on this Mitsubishi, and off-late I am seeing a lot of new ones on road in my city. About the price cut after localisation, it has already happened quite sometime back, it was to the tune of around 2 lakh rupees, I am not very sure about the exact figure though.

Quote:
UPDATE ON MUMBAI BMW DISCOUNTS:
[1]On 520d, there's a Rs5,00,000 discount on the Rs49,50,000 on road price
[2]On 320d base model there's a Rs3,00,000 discount on the Rs35,00,000 on road
[3]X1 price on road is Rs33,80,000 and they're offering 3,00,000 off
Wasn't there a time when the 520D would cost around 40 lakh OTR, was it like 20 years back or was I living in a fantasy world?!?!?
Looking at the 3 series prices, I think it is a major pricing disaster. I wouldn't want to pay so much money for a 3 series (not that I have!).
Off late it seems all cars are being priced too high, plus these stupid taxes!

Last edited by 599gto : 6th August 2013 at 19:48.
599gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 20:08   #3863
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post

It seems there are no discounts being offered on this Mitsubishi, and off-late I am seeing a lot of new ones on road in my city. About the price cut after localisation, it has already happened quite sometime back, it was to the tune of around 2 lakh rupees, I am not very sure about the exact figure though.
+1. Been noticing a good number of cars on the road.

Anyone knows what is the sales target announced by Mitsubishi during the launch of the sport?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 20:29   #3864
nmo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Any idea if any Delhi ncr dealer has old stock of mjd emotion ? That 2 lakhs off on a Linea is tempting.
Quote:
I myself have been toying with the idea of getting a Punto sports, if one can still be found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Interested for Linea. Would probably have to drive it down. Could we negotiate further?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Unable to email you. Is there any other way I can contact you? I am in Pune and in the market for a sedan.
I just spoke to my contact and he told me that this list has been circulated to all Fiat dealers so they are aware of this inventory. All you have to ask them is that if they can organize a 2012 Linea for you and they will pick the vehicle up from wherever they need to, service the Car and deliver it to you. Please note that the Tata dealers are not authorized to sell Fiat Cars anymore.

The main issue with these Cars is that the Fiat dealers have to pay the full amount to Tata dealers upfront so they do not offer these to walk-in Customers unless someone specifically asks about this deal.

From my experience, I am sure that they will offer Rs 1.5 Lacs initially and from that point on, you will need to use your negotiation skills and some patience. Dealers do tend to call back in a few days time and you can be firm about your offer. Good Luck!

In case things do not work out say in a week to 10 days, please share your contact details and I will request someone in Fiat India to ask the dealers to call you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Any idea if any punto is available in Hyderabad?. I will check with them either way this weekend, but if I go with information in-hand it would be better to deal with these guys.

Thanks.
There is Punto Diesel Active available in Hyderabad as per my info.
nmo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 23:22   #3865
BHPian

Quote:

Wasn't there a time when the 520D would cost around 40 lakh OTR, was it like 20 years back or was I living in a fantasy world?!?!?
Looking at the 3 series prices, I think it is a major pricing disaster. I wouldn't want to pay so much money for a 3 series (not that I have!).
Off late it seems all cars are being priced too high, plus these stupid taxes!
Nope. You weren't living in a fantasy world. Those were the prices not too long ago. Come to think of it, my dad bought his e class for 16 lakhs in 1998. It lasted a good decade and was in superb condition when he sold it to upgrade to an automatic i10.

Today I wouldn't even think about buying one of these Germans (even I had the money) simply because a car is a depreciating asset and buying a cheap and reliable Korean or japanese car will leave you way happier, unless of course you need to burn through lots of cash.

My dad claims he has spent less on maintenance in almost 4 years on the i10 than he did on one particularly expensive routine service. Add to it the convenience of never having to worry about his badges being stolen or where he parks.

And with BMW announcing another price hike, the day isn't too far when a 5 series will cost you a crore (excluding the m5)
djpeesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 07:36   #3866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajit_72 View Post
Quote:
It seems there are no discounts being offered on this Mitsubishi, and off-late I am seeing a lot of new ones on road in my city. About the price cut after localisation, it has already happened quite sometime back, it was to the tune of around 2 lakh rupees, I am not very sure about the exact figure though
If you push then you can get free insurance on pajero sport . Both mitsubishi dealers in delhi are offering it.
fuelinmyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 16:22   #3867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope. You weren't living in a fantasy world. Those were the prices not too long ago. Come to think of it, my dad bought his e class for 16 lakhs in 1998. It lasted a good decade and was in superb condition when he sold it to upgrade to an automatic i10.

Today I wouldn't even think about buying one of these Germans (even I had the money) simply because a car is a depreciating asset and buying a cheap and reliable Korean or japanese car will leave you way happier, unless of course you need to burn through lots of cash.

My dad claims he has spent less on maintenance in almost 4 years on the i10 than he did on one particularly expensive routine service. Add to it the convenience of never having to worry about his badges being stolen or where he parks.

And with BMW announcing another price hike, the day isn't too far when a 5 series will cost you a crore (excluding the m5)
Many a times, you buy the car not only for the economical sense it makes.

While there is no doubt these cars are overpriced, barring the Passat and Superb which are a couple of notches below, nothing comes close.

Head v/s heart kind of thing.

Anyways, the E60 520D was being sold at around 40L when they were clearing stock. Not bad that the new F10 is still retailing at around 45L after discounts.

Will add to the list with the X3 2.0 D Advantage getting around 3L knocked off with a hint of better discounts on further negotiations.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 19:10   #3868
BHPian

In Bangalore, fiat is offering up to 1 lakh discounts on Linea on exchange. Too tempting..

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML
turbo_delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 23:29   #3869
BHPian

On the radio this evening, they had an ad for the x1 and they said that the x1 was available for 24 lakhs. Dunno if this is ex showroom but the first time I heard a BMW advert on the radio. This was on 94.3 fm.
djpeesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 23:33   #3870
BHPian

heard a Radio Ad for the BMW X1 today in Mumbai offering the car at an ex showroom price of 24.99lakhs. not a bad price in my opinion.
mohandasnikhil is offline   Reply With Quote