Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd December 2013, 12:50   #4291
BHPian

Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,
Anyone aware of the deals going on for Brio. We are planning to upgrade our 6 yr old wagon r. We considered i10 grand and polo but its going to be used by mom mainly and she found polo a little heavy and she wasnt comfortable using the start stop button in the Grand i10.

So we narrowed it down to Brio. Planning to take her for a test drive this week. Been offered 1.75L for my 37k kms done 2007 wagon r. Which I guess is a fair deal.

Regards,
This was the offer I got for Brio S MT in Chennai a couple of days back.

Insurance free.

Rear Sensor, seat cover, car cover free accessories. The sales guy also said he would give 3 grams gold if I booked the same day.

The offers for december would be out by 3rd or 4th of this month.

I too am looking for a hatch for my wife and yet to decide on Brio or Grand. Waiting for the battery drainage issue to be sorted out in the Grand.

Did you check out the special edition with black interiors in Brio? Looked good especially in Red and White colour cars.

Last edited by rajinibm : 2nd December 2013 at 12:51. Reason: typo
rajinibm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 22:18   #4292
BHPian

Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
This was the offer I got for Brio S MT in Chennai a couple of days back.

Insurance free.

Rear Sensor, seat cover, car cover free accessories. The sales guy also said he would give 3 grams gold if I booked the same day.

The offers for december would be out by 3rd or 4th of this month.

I too am looking for a hatch for my wife and yet to decide on Brio or Grand. Waiting for the battery drainage issue to be sorted out in the Grand.

Did you check out the special edition with black interiors in Brio? Looked good especially in Red and White colour cars.
Honestly I feel grand is the car to go for. I too am looking for a suitable replacement of our beloved Santro Xing (now 9+ years old).
Grand has an advantage over Brio:
Quality interiors and build quality: if you like keeping your car for longer periods
Ease of Access: No match, Getting inside a Brio is a tedious task in itself. I hit the Steering wheel every time I try to get in. Cure for this is placing the seat to low height, but that spoils the feel
Features: Grand is full of features that some biggers dont have yet. Like you said start/stop button is an issue, but this is the way forward. Sooner or later every car will come with such features.
I can't really think of any thing special about Brio which Grand doesnot have. Can you ? May be, just may be looks as front of grand could have been better but that's pretty much it.
Talking about battery issues, it could very well be the problem with specific lot. I'm sure Hyundai wouldn't have ignored this issue on purpose.

But at the end of the day, it is your call and let your heart and/or head decide than us lot, after all you would be the end user in your pirchase decision.
Cheers,
PB
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 20:13   #4293
BHPian

Default Car Price Hike in Automobile Sector from 2014

There is going to be price change amongst all the automobile manufacturers across India from January 2014. For further details check the attached picture, that I received today in a mail from Toyota Marketing Department.

Name:  image1300942004.jpg
Views: 2386
Size:  334.4 KB
Apple Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 20:54   #4294
BHPian

Default Re: Car Price Hike in Automobile Sector from 2014

This is a usual marketing gimmick at the end of the year every year to clear stock. As always, there will be some marginal increase in the cost, however this is more to do with clearing stock than anything.
dass is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 21:09   #4295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
This is a usual marketing gimmick at the end of the year every year to clear stock. .
Yes, I agree. This is a common practice.

This thread is to inform people whose delivery is supposed to take place in Nov- Dec, 2013, but in most likelihood getting delayed. This information will help them put more pressure on the dealers to make faster delivery.
Apple Master is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 21:26   #4296
BHPian

Makes sense. After our beloved P Chidambaram decided to tax every moving part of a vehicle, including taxing a car which has high ground clearance to clear our pristine roads, car prices have rocketed north even though no one wants to buy a new car. CKD kit vehicles have had their prices increased by a huge margin and apparently it sits in P.C's mind that if a vehicle has high displacement and high ground clearance it must be taxed more or if a vehicle is longer than 4 meters then there is a tremendous potential for a road block, higher emissions and most importantly high potential for road damage and the govt will not sit still for that, we won't fix the roads but we will increase the taxes by Jupiter!

So here sits the manufacturer wondering how can he make more profits at an already troubled time? Ah I know let's increase the prices after all we're a business and a business must run on profit, let us raise the prices again and the people will slowly get it in their minds that a million rupees can only get you a low specced compact sedan or a hatchback.

A layman will just look at his pocket and wonder what in the world,salary when will you mature? Now even owning a car has become an expensive affair. Buses taxis and various means of transport will become expensive to use and people will be wondering, hang on a minute it was utopia back in 2004-2009 what in the world went wrong? Onions are retailing at Rs 100 and diesel is going to be de regulated as well. Silently he will sip his coffee and read the headlines in bold Sonia Gandhi named as the 11th richest and powerful lady in the world, this would force him to ask philosophical questions, is my tax money a part of her riches? Am I to just sit here and do nothing? Oh god when will this nightmare end. When will I just be able to take my car out for just a drive? When will I be able to sit in my car and not worry about how much this particular journey will cost me? When will the traffic ease at this junction? Why won't the govt enforce traffic rules strictly? As his thoughts race through every question imaginable his young daughter will come and ask "Daddy, I'm 18 why don't you get me a car to go to college?"

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 3rd December 2013 at 21:28.
D'Artagnan is offline   (17) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 07:52   #4297
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai's December offer. Apologies if posted already.

Name:  Corpsales fleet.jpg
Views: 1853
Size:  313.1 KB
undead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 08:39   #4298
Senior - BHPian

Make : Maruti suzuki Anniversary edition
Model :Anniversary Edition Alto 800
Variant : Lxi
Fuel :Petrol/ F8D
Price: 382,000
Freebies : 30k cash discount+ Corporate discount + Loyalty bonus+ 10k accessories and Nil Dep/ Bumper to Bumper Insurance on Heavy Bargaining
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 09:13   #4299
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Ford is coming up with its annual December midnight sale scheduled on 5th December i.e tomorrow. Although havent seen any paper ad but the details are aired on the TV & FM channels. This time the goodies offered are on a larger scale compared to previous years. Any Ford owner got any e-mail intimations of the midnight sale?
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 09:43   #4300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Ford is coming up with its annual December midnight sale scheduled on 5th December i.e tomorrow. Although havent seen any paper ad but the details are aired on the TV & FM channels. This time the goodies offered are on a larger scale compared to previous years. Any Ford owner got any e-mail intimations of the midnight sale?
I got an email yesterday. Details here.

Name:  wp_ss_20131204_0001.jpg
Views: 1825
Size:  82.0 KB
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 09:44   #4301
BHPian

Toyota's December offer in Bangalore.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-toyota.png
mnvvishwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 11:07   #4302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I got an email yesterday. Details here.

Attachment 1174311
Any clues on what would be the surprise gifts?
vinukm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 11:24   #4303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Any clues on what would be the surprise gifts?
Itís a surprise right?
Jokes apart, not sure what are the gifts on offer. Iíve sold off my Ford earlier this year, and hence not much in touch with the dealership. I still get periodic email updates (like this) from them.
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 11:32   #4304
BHPian

Default Re: Car Price Hike in Automobile Sector from 2014

^^I completely agree with you D'artagnan. I see a big time disparity wrt income and basic needs. There is a false inflation going on in the market. One side i see few executives working for 8k per month and I see apartment rent close to 14k. I wonder if that chap even manages to be in a decent accommodation.

If the current scenario continues for more years, India as a country will turn out to be a havoc for the aam junta.
sudeep.pandya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 12:15   #4305
Senior - BHPian

Ford has been advertising in TOI Ahmedabad since 2 days.

Today the advertisement was in Ahmedabad mirror.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ford.png

Source : http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau.../04&Enter=true

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote