Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th February 2014, 09:04   #4561

Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi,

I am new here and this is my first post.

I am in the market for Micra Active XV S in Chennai and I have visited two dealers Jubilant (OMR) and Avenue (Ambattur).

They are offering 25,000 Rs off on 2013 stock. Avenue has 3 units available and Jubilant has around 10 units.

Apart from this They offer 6,000 Rs as corporate discount.

XV S ex showroom price is currently 4.71 Lacs and OTS comes upto 5.52 Lacs so should I go for the 2013 stock and get it at a price of 5.21 Lac? or wait for the 2014 stock and get it for 5.46 lac?

Also I am not sure If I can negotiate for any other items as this is a completely new experience for me.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you
abubakkarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 10:01   #4562
BHPian

Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

25k discount for last year's car seems very less, and your saving now will be negated when you go to sale the car in future. Either bargain for more discount or buy 2014 car.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 10:01   #4563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakkarmy View Post
Hi,

So should I go for the 2013 stock and get it at a price of 5.21 Lac? or wait for the 2014 stock and get it for 5.46 lac?

Also I am not sure If I can negotiate for any other items as this is a completely new experience for me.

Thank you
The deal on the 2013 car is not sweet enough, push for 5.0 Lacs and see if the dealer with 10 cars is budging, else go for 2014 car. You can opt for insurance from outside and save even further.

You can refer the below sections of the forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/buyin...facturing-date

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-buy-new-car-india-0

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list

Happy Shopping !!
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 10:11   #4564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....I am in the market for Micra Active XV S in Chennai and I have visited two dealers Jubilant (OMR) and Avenue (Ambattur).

They are offering 25,000 Rs off on 2013 stock. Avenue has 3 units available and Jubilant has around 10 units....
Which month in 2013? Frankly, 25K looks pretty less to me for a 2013 model. Also have you checked the prices after the tax deduction? You can easily bargain for that as well.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 10:38   #4565

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Which month in 2013? Frankly, 25K looks pretty less to me for a 2013 model. Also have you checked the prices after the tax deduction? You can easily bargain for that as well.
Thanks for your inputs.

I can check the VIN number and let you know regarding the month.

All the prices mentioned were after the price reduction.

Earlier price for XV S was 4.88 Ex showroom which is now reduced to 4.71
abubakkarmy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 10:41   #4566

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
The deal on the 2013 car is not sweet enough, push for 5.0 Lacs and see if the dealer with 10 cars is budging, else go for 2014 car. You can opt for insurance from outside and save even further.

You can refer the below sections of the forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/buyin...facturing-date

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-buy-new-car-india-0

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list

Happy Shopping !!
Thank you. I will try negotiating further for the 2013 model and if it does not work out I can opt for the 2014 model as it is safer
abubakkarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 10:51   #4567
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I am new here and this is my first post.

I am in the market for Micra Active XV S in Chennai and I have visited two dealers Jubilant (OMR) and Avenue (Ambattur).

They are offering 25,000 Rs off on 2013 stock. Avenue has 3 units available and Jubilant has around 10 units.

Apart from this They offer 6,000 Rs as corporate discount.

XV S ex showroom price is currently 4.71 Lacs and OTS comes upto 5.52 Lacs so should I go for the 2013 stock and get it at a price of 5.21 Lac? or wait for the 2014 stock and get it for 5.46 lac?

Thank you
25k on 2013 model is way too less as others pointed out especially when its sibling Renault Pulse has an offer up to 90k. I have heard Renault dealers even offered Scala at ex-showroom price.
selvagp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 11:08   #4568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
My friend is in the market for a Diesel Hatch. His maximum budget is around 6.30 lakhs. He has shortlisted Ford Figo.
The only ford dealer in Bangalore he approached quoted the following.

Ford Figo EXI, December 2013 VIN.
OTR Bangalore: Rs. 6,78,170

Total discounts offered - Rs. 53,000 including free insurance, Corporate discount and Cash discount.
Also, following free accessories worth 14,000 offered - Art. Leather seat cover, Reverse parking sensors, Fog lamps.

Final OTR - 6,25,170

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the dealership is not sure about Ford passing on the benefits of excise duty cut as no official information has reached them yet. These prices are based on the current price list. Also SA was hinting that the excise duty cut may not be applicable to the cars which are already in stockyard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If the prices increase tomorrow, will they provide the already in-stock cars at the previous prices?? The same logic applies here as well.
Finally my friend booked one among the 4 white 2013 cars available with them on Saturday for a final price of Rs. 6,00,000. This is the final OTR according to the new price list (post excise duty cut) and after applying all discounts he was offered earlier. As agreed earlier, they are also giving art leather seat covers + rear parking sensors + Fog lamp kit as freebies.
Thanks to excise duty cut, he is saving an additional 25K.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 15:05   #4569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Sireesh Auto offers are 30+35 K on W6 and 40 + 45 K on W8 models
Is the 40k discount due to the excise duty reduction?

Thanks,
Pallavi
Pallavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 15:03   #4570
BHPian

Not sure if you saw this in today's paper. Whooping discounts on Audi!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1393839180.466612.jpg
Views: 3309
Size:  64.6 KB

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2014 at 13:45. Reason: Correcting Picture Orientation :)
duke is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 11:27   #4571
BHPian

Is this Audi deal good? Looks interesting though!

There was the same ad in Bangalore (slightly higher prices than Delhi), but that's expected
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 18:01   #4572
BHPian

Here's a roundup of the latest deals and discounts on offer this March, courtesy Autocar.

Some quick highlights

-Audi's Spring Collection offers massive discounts
- Upto Rs. 1.5 lakhs off on the Rapid
- About Rs. 80,000 off on the Jetta
- rs. 1.5 lakhs off on the Sonata.
- Rs. 75,000 off on the Renault Pulse

Remember to check in with your dealer, all of this really does vary from one dealer to the next!
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 20:34   #4573
BHPian

Was at Magnum Honda, Bangalore yesterday for an Amaze AT.

They are offering :-

Teflon coating
Mud flaps
Floor mats
Reverse Parking Sensors
Car perfume
Car cover

The Sales Executive was not sure about Corporate discount. I am sure they would offer further goodies like door step garnish, seat covers if haggled a bit more or during booking.

PS:- They have a Brio AT for TD. Blue and Urban Titanium Amaze AT is in stock with them. They said the April stock prices will be increased by Honda!
Motormania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 12:06   #4574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Is this Audi deal good? Looks interesting though!

There was the same ad in Bangalore (slightly higher prices than Delhi), but that's expected
Went to the Audi dealer to check yesterday.

The "Spring collection" A4 is the old 143 bhp version which is severely stripped down (no folding mirrors, DRLs, Sunroof, etc.)

This is more akin to the Corporate edition that BMW had launched earlier and the sales rep was saying our target is taxi fleets and company operators not end users.

No discounts on this one, though he did offer some juicy deals on the A4 Premium.
car.lover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 13:56   #4575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Some quick highlights

- Upto Rs. 1.5 lakhs off on the Rapid
- About Rs. 80,000 off on the Jetta

Remember to check in with your dealer, all of this really does vary from one dealer to the next!
There are Skoda ads all over the newspapers of their Ultimate variant. Could not figure out if it is based on the Ambition/Elegance variant. It is a good deal anyways.
There was a Jetta on display in our office campus this week from a VW dealer. I asked them about the offers to which they said that insurance is free and there would be a few other freebies thrown in.
Baddychat is offline   Reply With Quote