Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2016, 21:45   #5926
Senior - BHPian
 
aniketi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,239
Thanked: 672 Times
Red face Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Ertiga with SVHS is a better buy, both from the point of view of FE and the mild hybrid may be an advantage in future
http://www.marutisuzuki.com/ertiga.aspx#technology
Thanks my friend but i am mainly looking for waiting period and discounts. I know about SHVS technology and read enough stuff on it. Also test drove that car couple of times. It is the only car which is currently fits in my requirement, unfortunately. No other option i have. I am looking for 5 + 2 car for my family, so no point looking other cars.. Else i would have gone for Brezza with eyes closed

Last time i checked with few dealers in Pune, all were quoting 2-3 months waiting periods and no discounts at all. Corporate discount was also very less. Hope things have improved. Currently i am in US so not sure what is the current condition. Frankly i dont like waiting when you are ready to pay
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 11:12   #5927
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 627
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Thanks my friend but i am mainly looking for waiting period and discounts. I know about SHVS technology and read enough stuff on it. Also test drove that car couple of times. It is the only car which is currently fits in my requirement, unfortunately. No other option i have. I am looking for 5 + 2 car for my family, so no point looking other cars.. Else i would have gone for Brezza with eyes closed
The Ertiga comes with a 22K exchange bonus + corporate offers + 13K FAME subsidy, as per my inquiries. The new model is well equipped and looks very nice.

If you want a real VFM deal for a similar size car, might I also suggest the Honda Mobilio, which is being sold at a 1L cash discount now. The engine is more powerful than the Ertiga, though a bit noisy.

Also, if you're looking for the best 7/8 seater in the segment, nothing comes close to the Renault Lodgy, which is sold at awesome discounts now. I was offered a 110PS RXE model for 9.5 lacs OTR, and the full option Stepway model for 11.4 lacs. the RXZ 7 seater was 10.9 lacs. These are OTR prices at Kerala. But the fact is that there are heavy discounts on this car, which is hands down the best combination of space, power, mileage, equipment and build quality in the MUV segment under 15 lacs.
vivekgk is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 11:21   #5928
Senior - BHPian
 
aniketi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,239
Thanked: 672 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
The Ertiga comes with a 22K exchange bonus + corporate offers + 13K FAME subsidy, as per my inquiries. The new model is well equipped and looks very nice.

If you want a real VFM deal for a similar size car, might I also suggest the Honda Mobilio, which is being sold at a 1L cash discount now. The engine is more powerful than the Ertiga, though a bit noisy.

Also, if you're looking for the best 7/8 seater in the segment, nothing comes close to the Renault Lodgy, which is sold at awesome discounts now. I was offered a 110PS RXE model for 9.5 lacs OTR, and the full option Stepway model for 11.4 lacs. the RXZ 7 seater was 10.9 lacs. These are OTR prices at Kerala. But the fact is that there are heavy discounts on this car, which is hands down the best combination of space, power, mileage, equipment and build quality in the MUV segment under 15 lacs.
Thanks for advise. Mobilio i dont want at all, i dont like that car, interiors are pathetic and looks like production has stopped for it, so resale value will go for a toss. Exteriors are also not that good, specially side profile is bad and downer for me.

Lodgy i need to check once again. Not sure how is their Sales and Service. I am not sure if it drives like a car or not. Ertiga i drove few times and it is just car like feeling. If Lodgy's drive is typical MPV like then sorry, i dont want it. Will check out Lodgy as well before booking Ertiga.
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 11:34   #5929
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 627
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Lodgy i need to check once again. Not sure how is their Sales and Service. I am not sure if it drives like a car or not. Ertiga i drove few times and it is just car like feeling. If Lodgy's drive is typical MPV like then sorry, i dont want it. Will check out Lodgy as well before booking Ertiga.
I've test driven the Lodgy, and it is very car like. I was able to get into a good position and be comfortable within minutes. The 85PS model had awesome response at the low-end, and wasn't bad on the highway either. You should really check it out with your family and see the space on offer for yourself. The third row especially is impressive compared to others. I recommend that you give the Lodgy a good hard look before making any decision.

Renault service isn't great, but it is improving. Since they have struck gold with the Kwid, the service coverage and dealership coverage will surely go up. The one good thing is that the vehicle itself and the engine in particular are bullet proof. The Renault K9K is a proven motor, and is the second largest selling diesel engine in India.

Last edited by vivekgk : 21st August 2016 at 11:35.
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:09   #5930
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cochin
Posts: 131
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

My uncle got an interesting deal on his Dec 2012 Nano CX (Limited Edition with Alloys and Stereo).
He's exchanging it for a new GenX Nano XTA (3.55 Lakhs On Road).
The dealership have offered him 1.25 Lakhs for the old Nano in exchange value.
I was surprised by the amount since Quikr lists 99,000 as the MSP for an excellent condition Nano of the same year!
nmenon is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:22   #5931
BHPian
 
shoaib3030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 156
Thanked: 103 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Any offers for the Polo GT TSI ? All the dealers are quoting a price of 11.11 lacs OTR. The sales team in each dealership also mentioned that the GT variant will never have any offers running on it.
shoaib3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:38   #5932
BHPian
 
ece2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Any offers for the Polo GT TSI ? All the dealers are quoting a price of 11.11 lacs OTR. The sales team in each dealership also mentioned that the GT variant will never have any offers running on it.
I was checking GT TSI for my wife and there was absolutely no discounts/freebies. Infact, I was told that it carries a waiting period of 45 days - probably VW is producing the car against order that explains the limited availability and zero offers scenario.
ece2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:03   #5933
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Any offers for the Polo GT TSI ? All the dealers are quoting a price of 11.11 lacs OTR. The sales team in each dealership also mentioned that the GT variant will never have any offers running on it.
It is made to order. 40 days plus of waiting is the norm.

No discounts or freebies.
sunsetorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:32   #5934
Newbie
 
mohittater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 14
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Any offers on the new BMW X1? I've been offered 40 lakhs and 47 lakhs on road for the xLine sDrive and M sport variant respectively from Bird BMW Gurgaon with mention of another 1 lakh discount when I book. Any better deals ?
mohittater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 21:09   #5935
BHPian
 
Prodigyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 165
Thanked: 69 Times
Default The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Enquired about prices of Vento TSI, Ciaz Zxi AT & City CVT Vx today.

Highline TSI currently carries a discount of 50K apart from the usual freebies and corporate discounts. No haggling at all, just the first cut prices enquired over telephone thats about it.

The comfortline model was I believe about ₹1.15 lakhs lower, same discounts as the highline model.

The sales guy was pushing me saying that VW is planning to withdraw all offers next month onwards. I though, have my doubts on that given the discounts going around on Ciaz.

Ciaz Zxi AT currently carries a discount of ₹20K along with a ₹50K exchange bonus apart from corporate discounts etc. Again no haggling whatsoever.

City VX CVT carries no discounts as of now.
Prodigyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 07:00   #5936
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 627
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
My uncle got an interesting deal on his Dec 2012 Nano CX (Limited Edition with Alloys and Stereo).
He's exchanging it for a new GenX Nano XTA (3.55 Lakhs On Road).
The dealership have offered him 1.25 Lakhs for the old Nano in exchange value.
I was surprised by the amount since Quikr lists 99,000 as the MSP for an excellent condition Nano of the same year!
This is a really good price, as non-PS Nanos have especially terrible resale value. The price offered to your uncle is likely inclusive of the exchange bonus which is 50K at the moment. There's also a 10K cash discount on top. But it doesn't really matter, as you did effectively get Rs. 1.25 lacs for the Nano.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 13:06   #5937
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,488
Thanked: 2,231 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Honda cars : Offers

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-fb_img_1472110362397.jpg

Source : Honda cars India FB page
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 13:09   #5938
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 321
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

A couple of questions in my head since I am considering changing my car.

Is it worth waiting for the Baleno RS which most probably would be launched during Diwali, or should I just pick up the Polo GT TSI right away?

No discounts on the GT TSI as usual, not even corporate or any other. But this is solely based on a telephonic conversation with one of the dealers.

GST! Should I wait till April 2017 and save myself approx 8-10% cost?


Note: Mods I posted the same in a different thread. Please delete if same post across multiple threads is not allowed. Thanks.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 13:16   #5939
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 439 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
A couple of questions in my head since I am considering changing my car.

Is it worth waiting for the Baleno RS which most probably would be launched during Diwali, or should I just pick up the Polo GT TSI right away?

No discounts on the GT TSI as usual, not even corporate or any other. But this is solely based on a telephonic conversation with one of the dealers.

GST! Should I wait till April 2017 and save myself approx 8-10% cost?


Note: Mods I posted the same in a different thread. Please delete if same post across multiple threads is not allowed. Thanks.
If it's not an urgent requirement, do wait for the Baleno RS. From the comparison tests, the current Baleno itself is quite an exciting car to drive. I can only imagine that the RS will give you a much more fun driving experience along with Maruti's after sales service protection.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 14:22   #5940
BHPian
 
vinit.merchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 966
Thanked: 691 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Enquired about prices of Vento TSI, Ciaz Zxi AT & City CVT Vx today.

Highline TSI currently carries a discount of 50K apart from the usual freebies and corporate discounts. No haggling at all, just the first cut prices enquired over telephone thats about it.

The comfortline model was I believe about ₹1.15 lakhs lower, same discounts as the highline model.

The sales guy was pushing me saying that VW is planning to withdraw all offers next month onwards. I though, have my doubts on that given the discounts going around on Ciaz.
The discounts that he mentioned to you over the phone are the one's provided by the company VW themselves. They (or rather every other company) change it every month and what the sales guy is saying is true.
The discounts are only valid if the car is invoiced in the current month.

Next month, whatever the new discounts offered by VW will apply. These can be less, or more, or the same, and will only be known by 3rd or 4th working day of the next month.
vinit.merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1) numerouno The Indian Car Scene 11722 5th December 2016 16:02
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
The "Offers" thread : Post all offers, discounts and deals here Antonian Shifting gears 26 4th December 2012 16:57
Freebies, Bargains, Discounts, Offers, Goodies umang dutt The Indian Car Scene 3 21st May 2012 16:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks