Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2016, 21:34   #6001
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,446
Thanked: 479 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by redindian View Post
Got a quote for BMW320d Prestige edition from Navnit Motors Bangalore for 40.75L after nego OTR ( incl. insurance @95K, but no BSI)

Compared to their inflated printed price list - it was about 7L lower .
I believe you can negotiate further to increase discount by another 1.5 to 2L. Is discount on ex-showroom or on-road price?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 09:11   #6002
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Puducherry
Posts: 213
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redindian View Post
Got a quote for BMW320d Prestige edition from Navnit Motors Bangalore for 40.75L after nego OTR ( incl. insurance @95K, but no BSI)

.
Over a telephone call last week I was offered the prestige at 42 lakhs otr (6 lakhs off). I think there might be room for a further 75k atleast. I might have gotten that quote just because I have more than a few BMW in my circle and all of us go to the same sales guy at navnit. But all of us negotiate hard and the SA knows that well. He also told me that the higher variants can have more cash discounts, so maybe you can check.
zombiedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 12:33   #6003
BHPian
 
lalittalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 234
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned about the discounts available on Skoda Rapid currently. The facelift is around the corner, and dealers are in a hurry to clear stocks.

I was looking for a beater diesel car and didn't care much about the refreshed looks and slight bump in power so went for Rapid TDI DSG Style Plus. Discount offered 90k in cash and the 4+4+4 package thrown in for free. total saving of about 1.2 lac on ex showroom.

this might be worth considering. Other car considered was Vento TDI DSG, but the discount was nowhere close to this.
lalittalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 14:25   #6004
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 88
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned about the discounts available on Skoda Rapid currently. The facelift is around the corner, and dealers are in a hurry to clear stocks.

I was looking for a beater diesel car and didn't care much about the refreshed looks and slight bump in power so went for Rapid TDI DSG Style Plus. Discount offered 90k in cash and the 4+4+4 package thrown in for free. total saving of about 1.2 lac on ex showroom.

this might be worth considering. Other car considered was Vento TDI DSG, but the discount was nowhere close to this.
Can you please confirm its final price in Gurgaon? and How long was car at the yard(just want to know manufacturing month)?

Thanks in advance !
Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 14:36   #6005
BHPian
 
lalittalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 234
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Can you please confirm its final price in Gurgaon? and How long was car at the yard(just want to know manufacturing month)?

Thanks in advance !
Hi, this is in Chandigarh. I'm getting the car registered there. taking delivery on Diwali. I haven't requested for the VIN number yet. but it will be MY2016 car as assured by SA.

but, my assumption is that similar deals should be available across India.

Cheers!!!
lalittalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 15:41   #6006
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 24
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I had a look at the rapid a couple of months ago. The discount offered without much negotiations were more than 1 lac with a promise of more to come at the time of booking. With the new one now announced and year end approaching 1.5 lac does not sound unreasonable to ask for.
ashishs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 17:29   #6007
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 316
Thanked: 539 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Guys, will the discounts applicable at the time of booking be given at the delivery time even if the delivery is stated to happen 15-20 days later?

Case in reference:
My cousin is interested in Hyundai Eon Sportz but none of the dealer has the Sportz model at their stockyard and they say it will be ordered from the factory which might take around 15-20 days minimum.

At present the Eon has 55k cash discount and as per the newspapers, it is applicable till Diwali only.

Now one dealer has promised that even if the delivery takes place around Mid- November he'll give us the 55k discount if booked with in 1-2 days.

Other dealer I spoke over phone told me that we will not be eligible for the 55k discount and whatever discounts are applicable by Hyundai on the delivery date will be given to us.

What should we do? Should we trust the first dealer and make the booking for Sportz model.
Apprehensive since the way these salesman sway away from their commitment is something to look out for.
Sherlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 17:42   #6008
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
I had a look at the rapid a couple of months ago. The discount offered without much negotiations were more than 1 lac with a promise of more to come at the time of booking. With the new one now announced and year end approaching 1.5 lac does not sound unreasonable to ask for.
I am too looking for Rapid automatic petrol and discounts offered are around 1.25 lac but model which I want is not available with company so I have no option but to check new one , in your. As if you are getting what you want you should go for it
pabheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 19:04   #6009
BHPian
 
CarguyNish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Hubli
Posts: 170
Thanked: 234 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
I am too looking for Rapid automatic petrol and discounts offered are around 1.25 lac but model which I want is not available with company so I have no option but to check new one , in your. As if you are getting what you want you should go for it
Any specific reason for considering Rapid Automatic apart from Discount ?

I would suggest you to look at City CVT/Vento TSi.
If you're looking at Diesel, you can try Rapid/Ameo/Vento DSG.

Basically, the Torque Convertor & that 1.6 Engine isn't the best. My friend had bought one in 2012 as it was cheaper then Vento AT as there wasn't TSi at that time. Fuel economy took hit, he used to get 7 kmpl in city commute. He could only manage to use it for 1 year.

Also the Rapid Petrol AT is rare selling version, hence Poor Resale is guaranteed.

Think about it & make a decision.
CarguyNish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 19:33   #6010
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,158
Thanked: 5,037 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Guys, will the discounts applicable at the time of booking be given at the delivery time even if the delivery is stated to happen 15-20 days later?..

At present the Eon has 55k cash discount and as per the newspapers, it is applicable till Diwali only.

Now one dealer has promised that even if the delivery takes place around Mid- November he'll give us the 55k discount if booked with in 1-2 days...

What should we do? Should we trust the first dealer and make the booking for Sportz model...
The price / discounts applicable on the date of delivery is what is considered.

If you get the discount details in an email, then it's fine to go ahead with the deal. These guys usually want to achieve their targets and once the sale is done, they'll not bother about the commitment they made.

Between, you can do one thing - just make a booking with minimal amount with a written clause & acknowledgement that if they don't give the discount, your total amount will be reimbursed (ie, if you dont buy the car). If there no other products in consideration, this wouldn't make sense.

All said & done, I am not too positive about this, you can drill into the details and take an informed call though.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th October 2016 at 19:35.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 19:34   #6011
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Any specific reason for considering Rapid Automatic apart from Discount ?

I would suggest you to look at City CVT/Vento TSi.
If you're looking at Diesel, you can try Rapid/Ameo/Vento DSG.

Basically, the Torque Convertor & that 1.6 Engine isn't the best. My friend had bought one in 2012 as it was cheaper then Vento AT as there wasn't TSi at that time. Fuel economy took hit, he used to get 7 kmpl in city commute. He could only manage to use it for 1 year.

Also the Rapid Petrol AT is rare selling version, hence Poor Resale is guaranteed.

Think about it & make a decision.
I am thinking between Rapid, city and ciaz , i am using old city zx so i am not that keen in going for city again , ciaz is my last option and with so good discount i thought i go for Rapid , but with your input i need to think about it , For Vento i felt that is much more expensive and it has 1200 cc only
pabheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 19:40   #6012
BHPian
 
CarguyNish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Hubli
Posts: 170
Thanked: 234 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
For Vento i felt that is much more expensive and it has 1200 cc only
Don't go by the Displacement of the Engine. That 1200cc Engine is Brilliant. It is Turbocharged & also has Stratified Injection. This results in Brisk Performance & Better Fuel Economy. I would suggest you to read the Vento TSi review.

There are so many happy owners of Polo/Vento TSi in our Forum. If it wasn't for that Engine, I wouldn't have recommended the Vento, especially considering you have a City ZX which is Reliable Workhorse.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 25th October 2016 at 19:44.
CarguyNish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 19:45   #6013
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Don't go by the Displacement of the Engine. That 1200cc is a Brilliant Engine. It is Turbocharged & also has Stratified Injection. This results in Brisk Performance & Better Fuel Economy. I would suggest you to read the Vento TSi review.

There are so many happy owners of Polo/Vento TSi in our Forum. If it wasn't for that Engine, I wouldn't have recommended the Vento, especially considering you have a City ZX which is Reliable Workhorse.
Ok in a day or two i would call for a test drive , i am getting good discounts on vento too assuming vento facelift is coming in 2017 too

once i have a test drive i would surely update here,
Thanks a lot
pabheda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 21:55   #6014
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,641
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I was offered the TDI Highline AT Jetta (MY 2016) @ ₹19,80,000/- Ex showroom against ₹20,91,200/- sticker price. Delivery ex stock, colours Silver, Blue & Brown.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
Ok in a day or two i would call for a test drive , i am getting good discounts on vento too assuming vento facelift is coming in 2017 too

once i have a test drive i would surely update here,
Thanks a lot
The Vento TSI DSG is now available in all black interiors and it looks so European and so much more premium than the beige interiors. You may want to check the interiors especially with the Reflex Silver exterior colour
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 14:51   #6015
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 316
Thanked: 539 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The price / discounts applicable on the date of delivery is what is considered.

If you get the discount details in an email, then it's fine to go ahead with the deal. These guys usually want to achieve their targets and once the sale is done, they'll not bother about the commitment they made.

Between, you can do one thing - just make a booking with minimal amount with a written clause & acknowledgement that if they don't give the discount, your total amount will be reimbursed (ie, if you dont buy the car). If there no other products in consideration, this wouldn't make sense.

All said & done, I am not too positive about this, you can drill into the details and take an informed call though.
Thanks !
Though they were not willing to give in writing about the final discounts but they have given me the signed quotation on their letter head which clearly states the discounts and are giving me the verbal assurance that no matter whatever the discounts prevailing at the delivery time, he'll give me 55k cash discount.
Discount amount is also mentioned on the booking form.

Have made the booking as of now with an assurance of full refund if booking cancelled. Again "oral", not written.

Let's see how it goes once the car arrives after 15-20 days. Will update.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 26th October 2016 at 14:54.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1) numerouno The Indian Car Scene 11722 5th December 2016 16:02
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
The "Offers" thread : Post all offers, discounts and deals here Antonian Shifting gears 26 4th December 2012 16:57
Freebies, Bargains, Discounts, Offers, Goodies umang dutt The Indian Car Scene 3 21st May 2012 16:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks