Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2017, 09:59   #6646
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Gujarat
Posts: 103
Thanked: 140 Times
Default re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
How much discount shall I ask for a 2016 Grand i10 Asta(O) - Auto Transmission? AT has been discontinued in the Asta (O) version since 2016.

I have been told that it is NOT a test drive vehicle. Any specific things that I should look for in case if the deal is good (considering that it is a 2016 stock)?
Update: I didn't opt for it as I am not good at detecting issues with the car. In case if anyone is interested to know, they were willing to offer 1.25 lac discount.

Have booked Ignis Delta AMT instead.
sohu9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 12:08   #6647
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 102
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
Update: I didn't opt for it as I am not good at detecting issues with the car. In case if anyone is interested to know, they were willing to offer 1.25 lac discount.

Have booked Ignis Delta AMT instead.
Can you please provide details on discount for Ignis ?
Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 12:31   #6648
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Gujarat
Posts: 103
Thanked: 140 Times
Default re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Can you please provide details on discount for Ignis ?
25k on top of the company declared December benefits.
sohu9 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 19:19   #6649
BHPian
 
pedrolourenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 892
Thanked: 634 Times
Default re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Any idea of how much cash discount expected in August, for Alto800 vxi? Don't see any advertisement as yet from maruti
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
In hyderabad, there is a discount up to Rs.40k for the alto 800, don't know if this is applicable for the refreshed version as well. For rest of the maruti cars, the discount offers from July are being continued.
I got a message from the SA that the current offers are Rs.20000/- Exchange Bonus and Rs.20000/- Consumer Offer. I'm assuming Consumer Offer is some Loyalty Bonus for existing customers. I messaged him to clarify but he hasn't replied as yet.
pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 12:16   #6650
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 552
Thanked: 504 Times
Default re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I got a message from the SA that the current offers are Rs.20000/- Exchange Bonus and Rs.20000/- Consumer Offer. I'm assuming Consumer Offer is some Loyalty Bonus for existing customers. I messaged him to clarify but he hasn't replied as yet.
Consumer offer is equivalent to flat discount, no terms and conditions applied, need not be an existing Maruti customer.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 20:49   #6651
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

I have shortlisted Hexa XMA and XUV W6AT and now it all boils down to price. The Tata dealer here in Hyderabad says that they have 2017 stock and the only offer is free insurance. And the Mahindra dealer says there are no offers at all. I am a bit skeptical about both these. I am sure there will be offers as they are trying to clear 2017 stock and I as a buyer will be buying a Car of previous year (essentially interpreted as a car of 1 year vintage, if I were to sell it immediately). Any updates on offers on Hexa and XUV?
iVtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 21:33   #6652
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 52
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi,
, I was able to get a discount of Rs.40000/- on the Honda Jazz SMT diesel model for the 2018 model. Ex showroom of Rs.8.03 L.
Insurance not from the dealer.

Is this an ok deal ?

Other dealers were offering the Honda announced deal of Insurance free+ Rs.30000/- off for 2017 models.
jmktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 07:34   #6653
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,847
Thanked: 1,368 Times
Default re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVtec View Post
I have shortlisted Hexa XMA and XUV W6AT and now it all boils down to price. The Tata dealer here in Hyderabad says that they have 2017 stock and the only offer is free insurance. And the Mahindra dealer says there are no offers at all. I am a bit skeptical about both these. I am sure there will be offers as they are trying to clear 2017 stock and I as a buyer will be buying a Car of previous year (essentially interpreted as a car of 1 year vintage, if I were to sell it immediately). Any updates on offers on Hexa and XUV?
I am not aware of exact discounts but, what exactly is the insurance quote on the XMA from outside ? On the Tata, is the insurance offer applicable for 2018 cars ? If not, then you are indeed getting a discount on the 2017 model - just that it is packaged as free insurance. At this price point and for a car selling reasonably ok - if that free insurance translates to atleast 50k - its a decent deal. I am not sure why the Mahindra dealer is so rigid so as to not offer any discounts at all.

Try visiting both dealers with a cheque book and see what they have to offer. Also, in case you have some accessories in mind, make a list of those and try to negotiate a discount on those.

Are you particular about any specific colours ? If not, visit the dealer stock yard and check what colours they have ( in a subtle way ). Continue to maintain that you want a colour that is not in their stock. In the final lap of negotiations, agree to take a colour in stock try to squeeze out another 10-15k if you can.

Do come back and let all of us know how far it worked
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 09:44   #6654
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Thanks Narayan. I visited the Mahindra dealer again yesterday. He is offering 26500 as cash discount and another 10000 as corporate discount. He also admits that the insurance amount of 76500 quoted by the showroom is very high and that it can reduce by at least 30000 if I take it from outside. So, all in all, I can squeeze about 66000 for XUV W6 AT. The best part is that this will be a 2018 vehicle. I will definitely try your recommendation and see what more I can squeeze.
iVtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 14:32   #6655
BHPian
 
Maddy3008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 71
Thanked: 276 Times
Default re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi All,

I had visited Unnati Motors Pune on friday for checking out TUV300 T10 AMT variant. Overall, the dealer is offering a cash discount of 20000 and corporate discount of 5000. I can save some more by taking insurance from outside instead of dealer. Any other offers / discounts being offered on TUV300 ?
Maddy3008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 20:18   #6656
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 286
Thanked: 169 Times
Default re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

My friend is looking to buy a Hyundai Tucson in Bangalore. What deals are going on right now on the Tucson and at what dealerships in Blore, any idea?
vharihar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 22:10   #6657
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Cochin
Posts: 27
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Hi. I've decided to pick up a Renault duster for my dad. The dealer for Renault in Kottayam Kerala is TVS. I've been told that there are MY 2017 vehicles, of which I have my eyes on the RXS 110PS Sandstorm edition which runs a 57000/- discount and free insurance. The SA has quoted 13.11 lacs on road for the same inclusive of all these discounts. Any way I can squeeze more discounts ? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance !
kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 22:44   #6658
BHPian
 
cs_rajesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 175
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
The SA has quoted 13.11 lacs on road for the same inclusive of all these discounts. !
When I enquired with a dealer at bangalore, fag end of last year, he was willing to give - 80000 discount on 110 PS variants. Two years back in a similar situation, discounts ran close to 1 lakh.
cs_rajesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 22:47   #6659
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: BLR, GGN
Posts: 376
Thanked: 730 Times
Default re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Hi. I've decided to pick up a Renault duster for my dad. The dealer for Renault in Kottayam Kerala is TVS. I've been told that there are MY 2017 vehicles, of which I have my eyes on the RXS 110PS Sandstorm edition which runs a 57000/- discount and free insurance. The SA has quoted 13.11 lacs on road for the same inclusive of all these discounts. Any way I can squeeze more discounts ? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance !
Compare with various dealers, even if its out of town. Duster reportedly had huge discounts in December and your dealer might be playing hardball since he is the only one in town.

In addition, Duster may not be the best buy right now. Updates are imminent and the vehicle is quite old now. You might want to check Captur which has been priced quite well, if you are interested in Renault, in addition to S-Cross, Creta and Scorpio.
autorahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 23:09   #6660
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Cochin
Posts: 27
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Compare with various dealers, even if its out of town. Duster reportedly had huge discounts in December and your dealer might be playing hardball since he is the only one in town.

In addition, Duster may not be the best buy right now. Updates are imminent and the vehicle is quite old now. You might want to check Captur which has been priced quite well, if you are interested in Renault, in addition to S-Cross, Creta and Scorpio.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes I think the dealer is indeed playing hardball. I will surely try to squeeze out more. And the car selection was entirely his choice. I tried to talk him out of it but he really loved it. And I felt it's his ride, his choice should be the one I take. He drove every vehicle you mentioned except the Scorpio. It was ruled out because he didn't a car that big. He was in fact looking at Maruti Suzuki Brezza which was perfect (size wise) but it had a tentative waiting period of 13-14 weeks which was unacceptable. Thank you so much for your input. I've made up my mind to ask a few other dealers as well. But I've been informed TVS is the only dealer in South Kerala. Don't know if it's true. Anyways I'll keep you posted on this !



Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
When I enquired with a dealer at bangalore, fag end of last year, he was willing to give - 80000 discount on 110 PS variants. Two years back in a similar situation, discounts ran close to 1 lakh.
Thank you for your valuable input. This will surely help me in negotiating a better deal !
kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The new 2-wheeler price check thread - Track price changes, discounts, offers & deals NaveenKBorra Motorbikes 1 4th July 2018 11:03
Discounts : Why on the on-road price and NOT ex-showroom price? gemi_kk The Indian Car Scene 37 15th October 2015 14:21
The "Offers" thread : Post all offers, discounts and deals here Antonian Shifting gears 26 4th December 2012 16:57
Freebies, Bargains, Discounts, Offers, Goodies umang dutt The Indian Car Scene 3 21st May 2012 16:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks