Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:30   #961
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Quote:
But when he saw the cheque book peeping out of my pocket , he agreed to. ( that's mdsaab strategy , and he even agreed to some rubber mats , he says its worth 1k which i doubt)
Excellent strategy - I should ask for some smaller items just as I am about to sign the cheque - and should reasonably get it!
Quote:
I would suggest to not go for parking sensors, as if required you can always get them fitted outside for about 3k. Side protectors are good , its worth about 5750/- , i opted for it instead of the reverse sensor.
I hope side beading (per manager's offer0 is the same thing - will find out today.

Quote:
The side step garnish + duck spoiler is worth around 16k So if you can get them, it would be hell of a steal.
Hmmm - dont know if I can get it - might have to ask for a discount on the full price of additional accessories - not sure I am such a good negotiator. But will try!
Quote:
Hope he is giving the Extended Warranty + RSA as well in this price.
Kap04, No, he is not. Only 2 year warranty. RSA for 4 yrs would come to 4K - maybe I should ask for this one thing instead of a bunch of 'Chillar' accessories.
Still looking for opinions on the price I am getting - folks please let me know if you are getting a better deal - in pure price discount.
RPRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:47   #962
BHPian
 
kap04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRI View Post
Kap04, No, he is not. Only 2 year warranty. RSA for 4 yrs would come to 4K - maybe I should ask for this one thing instead of a bunch of 'Chillar' accessories.
Still looking for opinions on the price I am getting - folks please let me know if you are getting a better deal - in pure price discount.
Ex Warranty + RSA is 10k as per the price list. My SA also didn't provide it initially , but i didnt give up and finally he picked his cell up and called his manager , and they agreed to add that as well. So try for that , else you have to spend another 10k to get that.
kap04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:25   #963
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Am doing this by the book - have got the dealer to send me the VIN number - thanks Wildon! - and have religiously printed out the checklist spreadsheet and have rung up an auto enthusiast friend to come with me for the PRI.
Kap04, I am getting a Habanero Red pearl too... Look forward to your posts on first drive etc - am probably paying up tomorrow and will take delivery this friday/Saturday.

The car is an April 2011 - any opinions on whether I should ask for a fresher one, given that the City should have a shorter time in the stockyard going by its popularity?
The dealer says this consignment came in last week - dont know if I should believe him. Anyway, he is getting another consignment on Thursday so if you folks think 4 months is too long for the City to be sitting around or if the PRI shows up some neglect, maybe I will ask for 'fresh stock'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
My pleasure.
Do visit Wildon's fantastic thread to decode your VIN and determine build date.
And also take a print out of the famed Team-BHP PDI checklist. This will help you greatly in doing a thorough PDI.
Good luck!
RPRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:07   #964
BHPian
 
kap04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRI View Post
Am doing this by the book - have got the dealer to send me the VIN number - thanks Wildon! - and have religiously printed out the checklist spreadsheet and have rung up an auto enthusiast friend to come with me for the PRI.
Kap04, I am getting a Habanero Red pearl too... Look forward to your posts on first drive etc - am probably paying up tomorrow and will take delivery this friday/Saturday.

The car is an April 2011 - any opinions on whether I should ask for a fresher one, given that the City should have a shorter time in the stockyard going by its popularity?
The dealer says this consignment came in last week - dont know if I should believe him. Anyway, he is getting another consignment on Thursday so if you folks think 4 months is too long for the City to be sitting around or if the PRI shows up some neglect, maybe I will ask for 'fresh stock'.
My dealer said he would be allotting the car only after i pay the full amount. So i am getting my VIN only after that.

And worse, he is not allowing me to do a PDI before registration , he's saying he will give me the best car and he will assure there will be no dents/scratches ..Hope he sticks to his words. But i am not letting it go, its my hard earned money
kap04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:15   #965
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,196
Thanked: 1,762 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRI View Post
Am doing this by the book - have got the dealer to send me the VIN number - thanks Wildon! - and have religiously printed out the checklist spreadsheet and have rung up an auto enthusiast friend to come with me for the PRI.
Kap04, I am getting a Habanero Red pearl too... Look forward to your posts on first drive etc - am probably paying up tomorrow and will take delivery this friday/Saturday.

The car is an April 2011 - any opinions on whether I should ask for a fresher one, given that the City should have a shorter time in the stockyard going by its popularity?
The dealer says this consignment came in last week - dont know if I should believe him. Anyway, he is getting another consignment on Thursday so if you folks think 4 months is too long for the City to be sitting around or if the PRI shows up some neglect, maybe I will ask for 'fresh stock'.
April 2011 City should be fine enough; do check the Odometer reading though.

Conduct a PDI and you should be good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
My dealer said he would be allotting the car only after i pay the full amount. So i am getting my VIN only after that.

And worse, he is not allowing me to do a PDI before registration , he's saying he will give me the best car and he will assure there will be no dents/scratches ..Hope he sticks to his words. But i am not letting it go, its my hard earned money
Insist on the PDI BEFORE registration happens. Members have carried out PDI on Citys before; so you should be allowed to do it.

Don't go by the "I'll give you the best car". Who'll he give the not-so-best car then? You've paid a good amount to be entitled to a PDI.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:35   #966
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,629
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04

My dealer said he would be allotting the car only after i pay the full amount. So i am getting my VIN only after that.

And worse, he is not allowing me to do a PDI before registration , he's saying he will give me the best car and he will assure there will be no dents/scratches ..Hope he sticks to his words. But i am not letting it go, its my hard earned money
No way! You can get a VIN of even a car you are not buying and that too over the phone where the dealer has not even seen my face.
You will insist on a VIN number and he will have to provide the same.
Others on the forum have also got their VIN numbers before paying the full amount. Including me.
Secondly you are totally allowed to go to the stockyard, see the car, even take a short test drive before you OK it.
Once the car gets registered in your name there is not much you can do if something is wrong.
Be firm, make sure you are fully satisfied before agreeing to any particular car.
Note the VIN and chassis number of the vehicle you OK.
I have had bad experience with Bangalore folks when i bought my pool table. They promise a lot, and then try and take you for a ride in the end. The worst thing one can do is pay the full amount in advance.
Beware, dont get fooled & good luck.


RPRI April 2011 seems good enough.
Do a through PDI. If all seems well then OK it.
Good luck

Last edited by mdsaab : 3rd August 2011 at 18:36.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:49   #967
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Others on the forum have also got their VIN numbers before paying the full amount. Including me.
Kap04, that is right, I got my vin number from the sales guy and I have not paid anything yet. I asked him for the VIN number for the car he is 'allotting' to me.

Quote:
RPRI April 2011 seems good enough.
Do a through PDI. If all seems well then OK it.
Good luck
Thanks mdsaab - hope to do so tomorrow.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd August 2011 at 18:58.
RPRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 19:10   #968
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 568
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
My dealer said he would be allotting the car only after i pay the full amount. So i am getting my VIN only after that.

And worse, he is not allowing me to do a PDI before registration , he's saying he will give me the best car and he will assure there will be no dents/scratches ..Hope he sticks to his words. But i am not letting it go, its my hard earned money
Once you make the full payment then its like "who are you??" -you have lost all your bargaining powers.
VIN# and PDI before registration is Absolute MUST.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:33   #969
BHPian
 
kap04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Once you make the full payment then its like "who are you??" -you have lost all your bargaining powers.
VIN# and PDI before registration is Absolute MUST.
Yea, you are right, that's the way most guys behave once they get the full payment in their bag. I have talked to this guy today evening, and i have told him to get this done tomorrow, else am going to talk to his manager the first thing tomorrow morning.
kap04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:45   #970
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,629
Thanked: 445 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRI View Post
Thanks for the mdsaab - will try that today. I walked into the dealer y'day and spoke to the GM (versus the sales manager/sales rep) and got the City VMT down to INR 9.85 L and accessories such as 3M Sunfilm, reverse parking sensor, honda car cover, PVC seat covers (that will prob look tacky in the City! maybe I should reject it), a puncture kit (shouldnt that come with the car? Is it the red triangle etc to be put up as I fix the tyre), and side beading (assuming that means the scratch guard).

Have not got my husband's help so far in negotiaitons Hope to have him step in and get me the side step garnish and ducktail spoiler - let's see today.

Mdsaab, not sure if this is now at the 85 K full cash discount yet - they keep changing the corporate discount amount so it is not transparent - at least to me!
what is the OTR before any discounts. the OTR in the pricelist is what i want to know.
and regarding the corporate discount ask to see the corporate discount list.
your company's name and how much discount you are entitled to is mentioned there.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 05:33   #971
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

The OTR without price discounts is INR 10,52,000
The discounted price I have is INR 9,85,000. So I guess, that still leaves a big chunk with the dealer.
I am inspecting the allotted vehicle today and expect to pay this evening - have not made any payment yet since I have been too busy.
If I approve of the allotted vehicle, dont you think it is better to ask for the cash discount versus accessories?
I would prefer the cash discount - because that is material and it is immediate.
Since the dealer has margins on accessories as well, I will be given accessories based on full price - and will still leave a significant share on the table.
While I am of the opinion that the deal should be sweet for all concerned, I would certainly like to get the best I can.
Did you really say 85K cash discount on the City VMT?



Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
what is the OTR before any discounts. the OTR in the pricelist is what i want to know.
and regarding the corporate discount ask to see the corporate discount list.
your company's name and how much discount you are entitled to is mentioned there.
RPRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 10:23   #972
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,629
Thanked: 445 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRI View Post
The OTR without price discounts is INR 10,52,000
The discounted price I have is INR 9,85,000. So I guess, that still leaves a big chunk with the dealer.
I am inspecting the allotted vehicle today and expect to pay this evening - have not made any payment yet since I have been too busy.
If I approve of the allotted vehicle, dont you think it is better to ask for the cash discount versus accessories?
I would prefer the cash discount - because that is material and it is immediate.
Since the dealer has margins on accessories as well, I will be given accessories based on full price - and will still leave a significant share on the table.
While I am of the opinion that the deal should be sweet for all concerned, I would certainly like to get the best I can.
Did you really say 85K cash discount on the City VMT?
That was for a SMT.
So i think you can definately squeeze it out of him.
warn him that you are ready to take your business elsewhere.
Tell him a friend / relative/ colleague is buying a City too at the rival dealer. and is offering a better deal to him. He even promises to make it sweeter if both of you book it there together.
Since you are already in talks with current dealer, tell him i do not mind going ahead with the deal with you, but provided you match the deal offered to your friend.
This should help do the trick.
If he still not able to offer you more by the way of cash.
he may have already given you all he can by cash.
But it doesn't end here.
Now you can press for accessories.
There is no real limit for accessories as he can even give you a few more, and reduce it or adjust it in someone Else's deal.
So make sure the cash and accessories total goes up to atleast 85K if not beyond.
Also in the accessories you opt, go for the more expensive ones.
The cheaper ones can be fitted later without too much of a pinch in the pocket.
Wish you Good Luck!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 11:54   #973
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Just talked to a guy from Corporate at Apex Honda.

He said that they are having a zonal meeting of all dealers in a couple of days and asked me to wait till August 8 when he will come back with more info on August deals.

Thought of sharing this will you all...

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 12:04   #974
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,629
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Thanks for the heads up Sahakar.
I was just speaking to our sales rep asking him for the accessories pricelist. He said he cannot send it to me as it is a dealer specific pricelist.
He said each of the dealers have their own pricelist for the accessories.
Moving ahead.
Asked him for the latest best price for the ducktail spoiler.
He said 9700 including bill.
This rate includes painting and fitting too.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 15:18   #975
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Thanks for the heads up Sahakar.
I was just speaking to our sales rep asking him for the accessories pricelist. He said he cannot send it to me as it is a dealer specific pricelist.
He said each of the dealers have their own pricelist for the accessories.
Moving ahead.
Asked him for the latest best price for the ducktail spoiler.
He said 9700 including bill.
This rate includes painting and fitting too.
That's really a new one - a dealer specific price list. These Honda folks are really opaque in all their dealings.

I found VW to be the most transparent in their dealings as yet.

On a general note, its really getting tough to double down on a final set of wheels right now. There's something or the other missing from all the contenders.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1) numerouno The Indian Car Scene 11722 5th December 2016 16:02
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
The "Offers" thread : Post all offers, discounts and deals here Antonian Shifting gears 26 4th December 2012 16:57
Freebies, Bargains, Discounts, Offers, Goodies umang dutt The Indian Car Scene 3 21st May 2012 16:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks