Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 21:58   #1396
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 24
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Are you booking in Chennai? If so PM me and I will connect you with the Sales guy at the dealership to get same offer.
I am booking in Hyderabad. Would it be possible to pm me the details of your deal so I can use that to negotiate with my dealer?

Thanks!
mahipalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 22:03   #1397
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,210
Thanked: 777 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
A colleague has been quoted 6.85L OTR for a Figo Titanium Diesel in Bangalore. I searched through this thread and the Figo review thread, but wasn't able to find any reports of discounts on it.

Anyone planning on a Figo? Any offers/deals available? Would appreciate any info. I asked him to (threaten to) cancel his booking citing the 75k Rs offers on the Punto, and he's going to try. Wanted to back it up with some facts about the Figo, if available.
6.85 for Figo is very high in my opinion. I don't see any point in calling Figo a VFM package. I would say that stretch the budget a little and get Punto. Its better equipped and better handler.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 22:07   #1398
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 24
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
On further looking thru your breakups and mine -
Showroom price of Linea Emotion pack is 895000. OTR at 1034667 seems to be jacked up.
Plus insurance on my quote is almost 33k which is waived off. So thats another 10k difference that I can see.

You should ideally be getting the final deal around 9.5 without haggling and around 9.4 with haggling.

Hope it helps

Cheers
Here is the break up of my OTR:

Ex-Showroom - 891509
Life Tax (12%) - 107231
Insurance - 22577 (being waived off as part of the offer)
Extended warranty - 5850
RSA - 3000 (being waived off as part of the offer)
CC Charges - 4500 (not sure what this is)
On Road - 1034667

In addition to free insurance + RSA, there is a 15k cash discount. The dealer reduced an additional 4k after a bit of haggling, bringing the OTR down to 9.9 Lakhs.

Please let me know how this looks compared to yours.
mahipalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 22:08   #1399
Senior - BHPian
 
VeluM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,195
Thanked: 555 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
6.85 for Figo is very high in my opinion. I don't see any point in calling Figo a VFM package. I would say that stretch the budget a little and get Punto. Its better equipped and better handler.
I know, but he is completely against Tata/Fiat due to the A.S.S. and niggling issues. Can't be helped, but I'm trying to help him get the best possible deal (if possible).

Thanks for the input, though
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 22:13   #1400
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,210
Thanked: 777 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I know, but he is completely against Tata/Fiat due to the A.S.S. and niggling issues. Can't be helped, but I'm trying to help him get the best possible deal (if possible).

Thanks for the input, though
No. Its the perception that has sit in most of the people's mind. I have owned Punto and now got a Linea. I have also owned a Hyundai. If you ask me, the FIAT service is way way ahead than that of Hyundai.

But, if he likes Figo and happy about it then let him go with it.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 20th September 2011 at 22:15.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 22:48   #1401
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,210
Thanked: 777 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahipalc View Post
I am booking in Hyderabad. Would it be possible to pm me the details of your deal so I can use that to negotiate with my dealer?

Thanks!
I booked the car on July 29 and the offers given to me were applicable for that month though I took the delivery of the car only in September.

OTR - 10,30,000

Discounts
Free Insurance
Corp discount of Rs. 12,000
Exchange Bonus Rs. 20,000
Free extended warranty
+additional cash discount given on hard negotiation and then the price given was 9.5 OTR plus got Rs. 6500 worth fuel voucher and some freebies worth Rs. 3k.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 23:12   #1402
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahipalc View Post
Here is the break up of my OTR:

Ex-Showroom - 891509
Life Tax (12%) - 107231
Insurance - 22577 (being waived off as part of the offer)
Extended warranty - 5850
RSA - 3000 (being waived off as part of the offer)
CC Charges - 4500 (not sure what this is)
On Road - 1034667

In addition to free insurance + RSA, there is a 15k cash discount. The dealer reduced an additional 4k after a bit of haggling, bringing the OTR down to 9.9 Lakhs.

Please let me know how this looks compared to yours.
Here's mine breakup

Ex showroom - 907401
Insurance - 32765
Registration - 70518
Extended Warranty - 5350
Logistics - 3500

Total On Road - 1019535

Discounts without haggling
- Insurance
- 15000
- 10000 (Corporate)
- 5350 (Extended Warranty)

Final OTR after discounts - 956419

Looks like your insurance and registration charges are the main difference between your quote and mine. Check that out with other dealers in your vicinity.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 23:55   #1403
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,892
Thanked: 5,568 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
6.85 for Figo is very high in my opinion. I don't see any point in calling Figo a VFM package. I would say that stretch the budget a little and get Punto. Its better equipped and better handler.
I wouldn't say that.

The Figo, dynamically, is brilliant! It takes after the Fiesta (now classic), and handles like a dream. It's right up there with the Punto, I'd say. But the Punto, IMo is the better, overall package, considering the equipment it packs, the wonderful engine options, and of course, the fact that it's absolutely gorgeous. Both lack good after-sales-support, the Ford being the lesser of the devils, IMO.

I'd take the Punto over the Figo any day!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 07:47   #1404
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankjha1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BLR/Gurgaon
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Any clues about any discounts at Toyota, called up the SA many times even the Petrol Altis does not have any discounts whatsoever. I can understand to a certain extent for Diesel cars but Petrol.

Is it high headedness of Toyota or something else that makes them not to give any sorts of discounts ever?
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 07:56   #1405
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 24
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I booked the car on July 29 and the offers given to me were applicable for that month though I took the delivery of the car only in September.

OTR - 10,30,000

Discounts
Free Insurance
Corp discount of Rs. 12,000
Exchange Bonus Rs. 20,000
Free extended warranty
+additional cash discount given on hard negotiation and then the price given was 9.5 OTR plus got Rs. 6500 worth fuel voucher and some freebies worth Rs. 3k.
Thats a great deal...thanks for the information. The biggest variants in our deals are the corp discount and exchange bonuses. I dont qualify for Corp discount and I am not exchanging my Ritz as the price offered was very low. Apart from that, the 6500 fuel voucher and other freebies are also something that I am not getting.

I"ll talk to my dealer about this today, and if required, will cancel the booking.
mahipalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 12:09   #1406
BHPian
 
Nimz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 462
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Reduction in discounts confirmed for Gurgaon - I had recently contacted Pearl Honda and they mentioned the same discounts you have mentioned.
Of course you can get another 15k for corporate discount over and above this.
Hi JishD:

After the Sunny's launch at this price point.. am hoping Honda rethinks its discounts If you get some info do let me know.. shall keep you posted as well..
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 17:07   #1407
BHPian
 
jesrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 237
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Finally we booked a Fiat Punto Emotion Pack 1.3, Tuscan Wine color.
Tried hard to negotiate but the sales rep did not offer much discount.

Final price given is :
OTR : 761,262
Less Insurance : 24,602
Less Extended warranty : 5,000
Less Gift cheque : 10,000

Final : 721,660

Gave him the booking amount of 50K. I told him I will check with other dealer and if I get better price he has to match. He agreed (verbally).
Did not even offer any accessories free.

He is saying we should go for anti-rust coating. Price is Rs.4,500, which covers 5 years warranty and 2 services of the coating per year. Is this necessary, should we go for it?

Also thinking of putting 55% Garware sun-film, price of Rs.4,000 is offered for sides and possibly back also.

Are prices okay? Should I check with another dealer? What about accessory prices?
jesrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 17:14   #1408
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,210
Thanked: 777 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Finally we booked a Fiat Punto Emotion Pack 1.3, Tuscan Wine color.
Tried hard to negotiate but the sales rep did not offer much discount.

Final price given is :
OTR : 761,262
Less Insurance : 24,602
Less Extended warranty : 5,000
Less Gift cheque : 10,000

Final : 721,660

Gave him the booking amount of 50K. I told him I will check with other dealer and if I get better price he has to match. He agreed (verbally).
Did not even offer any accessories free.

He is saying we should go for anti-rust coating. Price is Rs.4,500, which covers 5 years warranty and 2 services of the coating per year. Is this necessary, should we go for it?

Also thinking of putting 55% Garware sun-film, price of Rs.4,000 is offered for sides and possibly back also.

Are prices okay? Should I check with another dealer? What about accessory prices?
What is that anti-rust coating? It is done for the body or is it the under chasis coat he is talking about? Fiat cars comes with the under chasis coating done at the factory itself. You can do additional coating if you really wanted to do. For Punto, it should cost you not more than Rs. 3500.

Again, regarding the sunfilm, you can go for 3M itself. Either go for RE35 for CS20. It will cost you a maximum of Rs. 4000.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 17:17   #1409
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
He is saying we should go for anti-rust coating. Price is Rs.4,500, which covers 5 years warranty and 2 services of the coating per year. Is this necessary, should we go for it?

Also thinking of putting 55% Garware sun-film, price of Rs.4,000 is offered for sides and possibly back also.

Are prices okay? Should I check with another dealer? What about accessory prices?
First of all, congrats on your choice, it will be a great car for you.
Don't need to get anti-rust done, one coat already comes from factory.
Try to bargain for 3M, I got it for my Active, and cost of 70% 3m is 4800/-, try little hard they will give in.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 17:19   #1410
BHPian
 
jesrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 237
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
What is that anti-rust coating? It is done for the body or is it the under chasis coat he is talking about? Fiat cars comes with the under chasis coating done at the factory itself. You can do additional coating if you really wanted to do. For Punto, it should cost you not more than Rs. 3500.

Again, regarding the sunfilm, you can go for 3M itself. Either go for RE35 for CS20. It will cost you a maximum of Rs. 4000.
The sales rep was talking about underbody anti-rust coating.

For sunfilm, will Rs.4,000 cover windows and rear windshield? Should I get this done at dealer? What is RE35 and CS20?
jesrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1) numerouno The Indian Car Scene 11722 5th December 2016 16:02
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
The "Offers" thread : Post all offers, discounts and deals here Antonian Shifting gears 26 4th December 2012 16:57
Freebies, Bargains, Discounts, Offers, Goodies umang dutt The Indian Car Scene 3 21st May 2012 16:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks