Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd December 2011, 15:43   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Fiat Caffe site :-) - EDIT: Now open in Delhi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Each brand would have to be analysed differently. A lot of people on this thread seem to be saying that Fiat needs to do more for its A.S.S. rather than build its car brand. Toyota, for example, is known for making stable, boring, but reliable cars. If they need to focus on something, they need to focus on making their brand more exciting. Honda doesn't need to either of these things--just get the price right, thank you very much.
Correct. And what FIAT needs right now is a good brand image coupled with good after sales service. FIAT has taken the first step forward - that is, building brand image.

I have had many people asking me, "Why did you buy a FIAT?". One ride in my car, and they have never asked me this again! So, FIAT does not make bad cars, they just need brand awareness. And I am assuming, this cafe would help them to some extent.

Quote:
Indirectly, if you're referring to me being the one doing the bashing, again I'd like to emphasize that I'm not against the concept, nor am I bashing the Fiat brand. I'm just trying to understand/question/probe the concept.
No my friend, I am not pointing a finger at you or anyone else in specific. Across the forum, as rightly pointed out by someone, if any thread is about FIAT, it often ends up in bashing the brand. The bashers - most of them, are not owners! So there is this negative mentality among many that FIAT is a bad brand, they make bad cars... and I guess, this is exactly what I think FIAT wishes to change.

So if we cant appreciate it, lets not mock at them either!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:45   #92
Senior - BHPian

FIAT's issue had never been with the cars or their appeal. It has consistently been on how the incompetent a.s.s treat the car / customer. If the cafe' would cut short the number of intermediaries between a customer [looking to sort out an issue] and the FIAT Officials it surely would help. Otherwise. Its just another good looking, quite capable product that would never really get what it deserves. Just as their cars!!
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:24   #93
BHPian

Oh no not again!!! This was my initial reaction after reading 7 pages of this thread. This is also going in the same line of some other Fiat related threads in the forum.

Sorry for being OT, has anyone taken any picture of the cafe? and what exactly they offer other than coffee? When initial discussion were on I heard that Fiat might showcase Ferraris/ Alfas in the cafes just to make people aware of Fiats other sub-brands, is that happening? like have they kept some space available for that? And about the location I found Pune was ok as the plant was there, but why Delhi it should have been Chennai and Bangalore. When Fiat will understand where the potential market is? Hope to see a cafe in my city very soon.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:28   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
More observations from my side.

I might go to a FIAT caffe (if it opened here just out of curiosity). I like the concept now I want to know how much ROI it gives.
If I am in Delhi and at CP, I will definitely go to Fiat Caffe even it's for a coffee, more so because I know the ambiance is of beautiful cars and having a business meeting there will also be worth the visit! I just hope they do it well.

Aside to this, when BMW opened their boutique store in Delhi nobody objected or questioned. Their cars also die mid way (a few days back behind SPAR Koramangala, a BMW just died mid way and owner was stuck in a narrow lane with traffic piling up. He had to push it backward to make way for others to pass through). I have a hazy photo which I will upload. Question: BMW is already a big brand - why do they need to think of opening up a boutique store?

Moreover, the stores are extensions of their online presence as well. The website has virtual car showroom, and even an online coffee menu and merchandise purchase option. Let them execute.

Last edited by vivekshukla : 22nd December 2011 at 16:30. Reason: More thoughts came after submitting which add to the points.
vivekshukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 20:43   #95
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Sorry for being OT, has anyone taken any picture of the cafe? and what exactly they offer other than coffee?
I think there are some pictures on the site itself.

Quote:
When initial discussion were on I heard that Fiat might showcase Ferraris/ Alfas in the cafes just to make people aware of Fiats other sub-brands, is that happening? like have they kept some space available for that?
It will be awesome if they did, but as of right now, nobody seems to be sure about what exactly the Fiat Caffe is. If it's a small coffee shop kind of thing, it makes zero sense to have a real Ferrari or Alfa there. Maybe models or posters or memorabilia. Yet others think it could be a showroom kind of thing, where it might be possible to display awe-inspiring cars.
PhX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:27   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Oh no not again!!! This was my initial reaction after reading 7 pages of this thread. This is also going in the same line of some other Fiat related threads in the forum.
Bulls eye ! I think this is murphy's law when it comes to Fiat India LOL!.

Lets talk about the caffe.

I will be in Delhi tonight, need to see if I can make it to the caffe. I hope this time their salesperson is educated enough. (I do not want to hear things like T-jet stands for Tata-jet etc.) .
Speed Pujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 17:52   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Bulls eye ! I think this is murphy's law when it comes to Fiat India LOL!.

Lets talk about the caffe.

I will be in Delhi tonight, need to see if I can make it to the caffe. I hope this time their salesperson is educated enough. (I do not want to hear things like T-jet stands for Tata-jet etc.) .

I could put infinitely more laughter smiley here T Jet for Tata Jet. LoL. No words.. Did it really happen ? Just cant stop laughing imagining it.

Please do update the thread with your experience. We are all glued to this thread now.
I mean it is a new concept. Need to see how fiat has executed it.
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 19:25   #98
BHPian

Quote:
More observations from my side.
When Maruti or a Hyundai finds such issues say when they sell around 50K cars in a month. IMHO Fiat selling 1000cars a month should do better than that and I think that is also a factor why Fiat's performance gets highlighted.

I agree with you. With such dismal nos FIAT should have been able to fix the initial quality issues long back as it is more than 2 yrs since launch.
iconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 20:08   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconic

I agree with you. With such dismal nos FIAT should have been able to fix the initial quality issues long back as it is more than 2 yrs since launch.
Can you please tell me what all were the initial issues you faced? I have a 7 month old Punto that has covered 12.5k kms and I have not faced any issues. Sadly this thread is also becoming a Fiat bashing thread :-(
nkg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 20:30   #100
BHPian

The Fiat caffe in Koregaon Park, Pune
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Caffe site :-) - EDIT: Now open in Delhi!-20111223-17.08.42.jpg  

Fiat Caffe site :-) - EDIT: Now open in Delhi!-new.jpg  

tushky is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 09:28   #101
Team-BHP Support

I was passing by the Fiat Caffe in Pune yesterday and must say that I was mighty impressed. I had initially thought they'd open a boutique sized showroom like a few Skoda dealers did in the recent past but this one was huge. The interior work was almost complete and was neatly done in White and Red. I'll surely TD a T-Jet here
Attached Images

moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 13:09   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I was passing by the Fiat Caffe in Pune yesterday and must say that I was mighty impressed. I had initially thought they'd open a boutique sized showroom like a few Skoda dealers did in the recent past but this one was huge. The interior work was almost complete and was neatly done in White and Red.
Guess FIAT is using the name 'caffe' as a sort of surrogate name for official dealership. Might be because their agrement with Tata prevents them from opening a dealership independantly.
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 14:11   #103
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Caffe, Delhi

Fiat Caffe site :-) - EDIT: Now open in Delhi!-416058_312088285492130_100000728839436_1073400_1299932970_o.jpg
  • Located adjacent to Ring Road Honda Showroom at Connought Place, Delhi.
  • Currently they have a bronzo scuro Linea T Jet and a white punto 1.3D 76 emotion in display.
  • Range of fiat merchendise available.
  • Two dedicated Fiat personnel to answer all your Fiat related queries.
  • First floor has a lavazza coffee lounge.
  • Themed white with a tinch of claret. Concept similar to BMW studio.
  • Very courteous staff and a good place to hang out.
  • Opening on Jan 3, will click more pics then.
sidindica is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:04   #104
BHPian

Quote:
I could put infinitely more laughter smiley here T Jet for Tata Jet. LoL. No words.. Did it really happen ? Just cant stop laughing imagining it.

Please do update the thread with your experience. We are all glued to this thread now.
I mean it is a new concept. Need to see how fiat has executed it.
I did not get a chance to have a look buddy. Sidindica seems to have more info on that.
Yup that T-Jet experience was faced by me at KHT bangalore. He said T Jet is Tata-Jet which comes in Indigo Manza. (I know u are going to have infinite+1 laugh after this) LOL!..
Speed Pujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 15:08   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Its the overall Product Quality, Fit-Finish, Reliability as per Product point of view.
& Proper availability of Spares with Service experts at hand in TASCs.
As currently the scene is that dumb to dumb local mechanics are mostly seen as employed workers at TASCs.
I'm Sorry if I got a bit harsh in my words here.
Totally disagree with you here! Fiats have one of the best quality products. None of the Japanese and Korean cars in the competition come even close! I have no clue what reliability you are talking about. I have been driving a Punto for almost 2 years without any issues whatsoever!

The only problem here is their JV with Tata which is infact a parasite that is killing Fiat!!

It is really funny to see that the only people who have problems with Fiats are the ones who have never owned them!
Pri2 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote