Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th January 2012, 02:47   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Caffe site :-) - EDIT: Now open in Delhi!

The Caffe is at Janpath, in the middle of Honda showroom and Mc. Donalds.

Just been there today and yes loved the concept and the way its been setup. Interestingly, got to know that they would not just pass the sales enquiries from here to other Tata - Fiat showrooms, but indeed sell them from here too.

Moreover, i could see some people in the showroom really excited about the products and talking / discussing about Fiats with a serious intent to buy them.

Yes, where and how you sell matters a lot and this is where VW had taken the lead.

But still Fiat guys need to spread awareness on the Fiat group companies - probably park a Ferrari outside and pass the word that its Italian Engineering.

This Caffe is a dealership owned by the Oberoi group who have 2 Tata - Fiat dealerships in Delhi and the sales guys here seemed informative and showed enthusism in promoting / selling the brand - FIAT, which is exactly whats needed.

Hail Fiat in India !! i love my Fiat Punto and cant stop cribbing about anything else i am forced to drive in the budget < 11 lacs.

On a lighter note, Fiat has a 7 gear bicycle for display in this Caffe which costs 33,000/- ............. my family said that although its VFM compared to the BMW bicycles but if you buy it people would say why did you buy a FIAT cycle, you should have gone for an ATLAS cycle instead

Wish all the best to Fiat !!
namit is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 23:40   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the Caffe today at Janpath. But Alas had got stuck in traffic and got late. So by the time I reached it had closed. But just from outside it spoke of quality and premiumness from all angles. I am sure if this thing comes up in all the major cities Fiat will earn a lot of respect.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 00:48   #123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
It is really funny to see that the only people who have problems with Fiats are the ones who have never owned them!
Read the 77th post at the following link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2618431 (Fiat Caffe site :-) - EDIT: Now open in Delhi!)

This matter was already well discussed few days back.
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 10:23   #124
BHPian

From the FIAT press release:
  • FIAT Caffe is an initiative to showcase the 'Italian automotive lifestyle experience' (???) to FIAT owners and enthusiasts.
  • The first FIAT Caffe was openened at Tolstoy Marg in New Delhi.
  • The second Caffe will be launched in Pune. This makes India the only country to have more than 1 Caffe.
  • At the Caffes, they have FIAT cars on display. Also, visitors can take a test drive and browse through FIAT details.
  • They intend to have special events and product displays from time to time.
  • There'll also be a library which will feature books on FIAT’s history, the various sub brands and sister companies.
  • The Caffe's will serve 'Authentic Italian Coffee'. (I don't know how that is different from any other coffee)
  • FIAT will display its merchandise and accessories here.
  • Globally, FIAT has several Caffes to showcase brands like Ferrari, Lancia, Alfa Romeo and Maserati.

Here's a pic of the New Delhi Caffe. It sure does look smart:
Fiat Caffe site :-) - EDIT: Now open in Delhi!-fiat-caffe.jpg
jalsa777 is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 14:03   #125
BHPian

It is indeed a smart concept with brilliant interiors / Italian way to a good extent.

They have tied up with the Italian Coffee chain in India - Lavazza and they have an inhouse Lavazza outlet.

Last edited by GTO : 11th January 2012 at 16:36. Reason: Do NOT make inappropriate comments on this forum. You are hereby warned
namit is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 15:11   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
From the FIAT press release:
  • FIAT Caffe is an initiative to showcase the 'Italian automotive lifestyle experience' (???) to FIAT owners and enthusiasts.
  • The first FIAT Caffe was openened at Tolstoy Marg in New Delhi.
  • The second Caffe will be launched in Pune. This makes India the only country to have more than 1 Caffe.
Does anyone have an idea of where in Pune this is expected to be launched?
I care two hoots about what they offer to eat or drink. I am just glad that I dont have to go to that pathetic Pandit Auto tata dealership to see/ test/ buy a Fiat car. I hope they extend this to A.S.S too

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th January 2012 at 15:29.
selfdrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 22:19   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive
Does anyone have an idea of where in Pune this is expected to be launched?
I care two hoots about what they offer to eat or drink. I am just glad that I dont have to go to that pathetic Pandit Auto tata dealership to see/ test/ buy a Fiat car. I hope they extend this to A.S.S too
Opening shortly in Koregaon Park !!!
ironshark is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 17:08   #128
BHPian

Good Offer. Celebrate Valentine's day amidst Car & Coffee with your Girl

Quote:
Courtesy : Motoroids.com

I have always had a tough time dealing with this urge of neglecting my girlfriend and spending more time with my car. What with me in love with cars ever since I remember? Now, if you wish to get acquainted with Italian car culture without having to disappoint that sweet girl on this Valentine’s Day, Fiat Caffe should be your dream destination. Fiat Caffe is offering couples a chance to celebrate this Valentine’s Day with Lavazza & cookies and a free test drive of the Fiat Linea or Punto 2012.

The guests can enjoy the classic Italian atmosphere while enhancing ones knowledge about their favourite brands. And this is not all! The evening shall be complete with the couple’s portrait gifted to them at the end. The offer at the Fiat Caffe is on till 18th February, 2012.

Now, I am cribbing again. What with my girl having dumped me some time back? *damn
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 17:36   #129
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th February 2012 at 14:03.
alen is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 12th February 2012, 17:43   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
Delhi is the country's biggest car market. It has more cars (and new car sales) than the next two *put together*.
Add to it the fact that in sheer numbers, Delhi NCR has probably the largest number of Fiat Cars. It's just that they are not very visible because of the fact that even this large number is a small percentage of the mammoth car population out here.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 18:38   #131
Senior - BHPian

Caught a glimpse of the end portion of SVP's show on TV today afternoon, and it looked like it was shot at a Fiat Caffe. Did anyone else see it?
StarrySky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 19:55   #132
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Caffe site- Now open in Delhi!

I celebrated my birthday there on Jan 22. Just a simple party. Here's a pic.
Attached Images

sidindica is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 20:27   #133
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the image, though I've seen the rest of the images on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica
I celebrated my birthday there on Jan 22. Just a simple party. Here's a pic.
Siddharth, did you just walk in to the Fiat Caffé and cut the cake?

Seriously you need to share with us the procedure to be followed to celebrate one's birthday at Fiat Caffé so that FIATians can celebrate their birthday the way you did.
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 16:24   #134
BHPian

Default Valentine’s Day with Fiat Caffe

FIAT is offering a valentines day offer at their FIAT Caffe's.
  • Walk in with your partner and get a free test drive of the Fiat Linea or Punto 2012.
  • A complimentary cup of Lavazza coffee and cookies will be served free to all.
  • The couple’s portrait will be gifted to them at the end.
  • The offer at the Fiat Caffe is on till 18th February, 2012.
jalsa777 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 17:20   #135
BHPian

Cool Re: Fiat Caffe site :-) - EDIT: Now open in Delhi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
[/list]Does anyone have an idea of where in Pune this is expected to be launched?

It is not functional yet. I visited it sometime back, met the security guards over there, they had no idea of the inauguration date. It looks fantastic from both outside and inside though.

It is situated on North Main Road between Lane 5 and 6 ,opposite Celio clothing showroom in Koregaon Park.
Fuldagap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote