| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|7th September 2013, 22:07||#256|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Thanked: 893 Times
Re: A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift
Mod Note : The 2013 Innova's Official Review is located at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread. Thanks!
Since I don't have an ownership thread for my Innova yet, thought to just comment on this thread about my car.
A week back we made a six day, 2200km road trip in the innova. The car was packed to the gills. There was no room left inside so had to buy the roof rack from the Toyota dealer and shift some stuff on to the top.
This was my worst trip as a driver. i crashed the car umpteen times onto those clandestine wells that dot the Delhi - Jaipur highway. A couple of times the impact was so hard that after jumping out of the craters, the Innova would swerve wildly. I was sure that the suspension would have worn badly. Last but not the least five adults and a baby were packed in the car for a 2200 km road trip, when it rained all along, so you can imagine the brunt faced by the interiors.
Now the happy notes.
The day after my return I checked in the car with the service center.
- The suspension was found to be perfect. No wear & tear!
- The front brake pads though were replaced. I think 42k is a reasonable time for that.
- The interiors were given a full 3m dressing. The car was presented back as if it just stepped out of showroom.
- Not a single rattle in the car. for the sake of mentioning I did say that I felt a slight, almost negligible sound emanating from some type of a vibration from the dashboard when the car moves at around 80kmph. 5 mins into the test drive, the advisor said its from the front bumper. Solved there and then.
- Total costs for this out of line visit - Rs 6300/-
I need to make a confession. The whole time in the service center I move around with a long face and sometimes do throw around my weight unnecessarily. Just so that the Toyota service guys don't forget to make me happy. Privately, my smile just stretches from one ear to another.
Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2013 at 15:52. Reason: Link to official review
|The following BHPian Thanks rrsteer for this useful post:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look||noopster||The Indian Car Scene||1005||17th December 2017 19:44|
|2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look||Jaggu||The Indian Car Scene||122||24th October 2017 23:23|
|2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look||FlyingSpur||The Indian Car Scene||82||3rd May 2017 11:02|
|A Close Look at the 2013 Mercedes E-Class Facelift||khan_sultan||The Indian Car Scene||44||12th June 2016 18:54|