Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th December 2011, 20:43   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Motors Recalls 1.45 Lakh Nanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- Why recalls should be viewed negatively by the masses? Is it that one would prefer the manufacturer to keep mum and let its customers suffer with a defective product?
Totally agree, actually a recall inspires a bit of confidence in the product and in the brand. A recall tells me that a problem was Found and FIXED. In fact have found Toyota to be quite merciless when it comes to recalls, here in India and abroad. I agree it requires a different level of courage.
luky_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Yes, I am facing same situation with my Nano. The starter motor was replaced when I gave my car for RETRO kit upgrade. Since then,if I insert the key and crank it immediately, I can hear the whine of the starter motor. However, if I wait for two seconds at Acc on position and then crank it starts without any noise (of the motor ofcourse). But I still feel that there may be some problem with the new one.
Any updates on the issue ? My uncle too having the same problem with his nano after replacement. Have given it for checking.
ajay387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I

- Why Tata is allergic to the word "recall" when it is so obviously one! Remember the last Nano upgrade that ended up being known as a recall anyways

I think Tatas are more afraid of mass hysteria which occurs in the minds of general public when quality of a Tata product is concerned and when comes under the hammer. So for them a quite replacement creates a lesser flutter.
vikrantj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 15:08   #34
BHPian

Its definitely a positive move from TATA. Im sure, such changes in their operations will definitely do wonders for the company. But its always a good idea to prevent such things from happening in the first place by tightening their initial quality controls. For a nano, how complex can it get to release a quality product into the market. Its not like there are complex electronics and circuitry in play like in luxury cars.
InfinteLoop is offline   Reply With Quote