Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 10th January 2012, 09:42   #211
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Even if all the parts are shared with the Global Fiesta, the parts sharing, the lesser amount of metal being used, the excise duty benefit, the intent of luring first time buyers all hint that the pricing should be aggressive. Even if not by Figo standards of aggression, it should be priced pretty aggressive IMHO.
Old 10th January 2012, 11:22   #212

Red face re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Do we know if the Ecosport being displayed in Autoexpo is imported or built in INDIA?
Old 10th January 2012, 14:49   #213
BHPian

Default re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Ultimately when will it be launched, what will be the closest approximate pricing, will there be a diesel at the launch, what will be the ground clearence, what safety features will it have and so on and so forth. Please give information and feedback as I need to cancel my XUV booking and wait for the Eco Sport.
Old 10th January 2012, 14:54   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Ultimately when will it be launched, what will be the closest approximate pricing, will there be a diesel at the launch, what will be the ground clearence, what safety features will it have and so on and so forth. Please give information and feedback as I need to cancel my XUV booking and wait for the Eco Sport.
I am not sure of your requirements when you booked the XUV5OO but the eco sport is definitely smaller than the XUV. Although I hear there are some reliability issues with XUV from what is discussed in tbhp that should not be a reason to worry cos every car has niggles that gets sorted out eventually.

XUV is a full grown SUV and Ecosport is a mini SUV.

Moreover there is no concrete dates on when the Ecosport would be actually available. Since XUV cannot be booked now I suggest you keep the booking and once the ES launches you could take a call on which one to own.

OT: You might get a premium on you XUV if you were to sell the car as soon as you bought it.

Last edited by figo_mba : 10th January 2012 at 14:56.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 16:23   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyushjain View Post
Do we know if the Ecosport being displayed in Autoexpo is imported or built in INDIA?
Its just a concept car. definitely is not made in India, maybe in UK or Brazil?? though the production version will surely be made in INDIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Read some past pages to know more about approximate/hopeful pricing and engine options.
No one knows anything besides the engine options. You will have to wait when the car is finally launched to get the answers to your other querys, which may take 6 months or more!

I dont think the CEO of ford is a member of team bhp, even if he was he wouldn't disclose anything besides what is mentioned in press releases!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th January 2012 at 15:31.
Old 10th January 2012, 16:46   #216
BHPian

A friend of friend, who is working in ford, told me that the ecosport will be launched only by the end of the year or early next year!
Old 10th January 2012, 17:46   #217
Senior - BHPian

Saw it in Expo. It has got nice compact shape and size but I fear that by the time it reach actual production it will not look so dynamic. Plus it is much smaller than XUV so definitely a 5 seater. 1 more pic:

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-image_062.jpg
Old 10th January 2012, 18:18   #218
BHPian

One more fugly looking car for Indian roads
When are we going to get cars that look really good and classic?

--Ragul
Old 10th January 2012, 18:43   #219
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post

--Ragul
Really. I actually love the car - has character and sure to be a good hit IMO.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:22   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

--Ragul
Erm, sorry Rahul. I always thought an SUV has to show some ferrocious attitude, not look classic. Fortuner's success has one important factor, its butch aggressive looks. A mean looking SUV like the EcoSport is anyday better than a tame looking SUV like the old Tucson and the recently launched TATA Safari Storme But that's just my view, and I assume many, if not most bhp-ians would agree with me.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:36   #221
BHPian

Quote:

--Ragul
Ragul.. Man I think this brute looks awesome.. I might not like it if it were to look any softer. Did you mean cars or SUVs that look good and classic ?
I think the age when classic looks cool are fast getting out of populaity or exists in pockets. Retro still sells. Isnt it?

People like radical looks bordering conventional. I think it has something to do with the demography too cos since India is younger the designs that are youngish are getting popularity. Would like to understand what is good and classic in your view

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Erm, sorry Rahul. I always thought an SUV has to show some ferrocious attitude, not look classic. Fortuner's success has one important factor, its butch aggressive looks. A mean looking SUV like the EcoSport is anyday better than a tame looking SUV like the old Tucson and the recently launched TATA Safari Storme But that's just my view, and I assume many, if not most bhp-ians would agree with me.
+1 to this. I would also add Chevrolet Captiva to the list of SUVs that looked docile and nice but failed to sell. Fortuner, Endeavor and the rest looked menacing and sold. In the midst of all this the Honda CRV did sell a while ago probably cos there was no competition (Someone help me here understand why it sold well in the initial days ?).

Last edited by figo_mba : 10th January 2012 at 21:37.
Old 11th January 2012, 00:41   #222
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul

--Ragul
Looks are subjective. To each his own and i respect your opinion. Btw i just wanted to ask you one thing. By any chance do you own a Gypsy?
Old 11th January 2012, 11:00   #223

Angry re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Ford Dealer again called up this morning said that He has spoken to Ford India repersentatives related to ECOSPORT availability and they have confirmed that the launch will likely happen in Nov 2012 only http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif

So suggest people in waiting to go for another car OR Wait till 2012 end.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif
Old 11th January 2012, 13:02   #224
BHPian

J Mays' interview on the new Ecosport:

Interview conducted by Top Gear India
amitg79 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 13:18   #225
BHPian

This is such a lovely looking car. After a bunch of plane jane designs from Ford, this is like a breath of fresh air. This should be a success on its looks alone.
But will the production have the same elements as in the concept displayed ?
Closed Thread