Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 11th January 2012, 14:41   #226
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83
But will the production have the same elements as in the concept displayed ?
Yes, the general consensus in the company is that only the LED lights will be replaced by clear headlamps.

In the video on the previous page, you can see that he says this vehicle is 97% ready for production. Which means, the production vehicle will be 97% similar to the one displayed.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:15   #227
BHPian

Default re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes, the general consensus in the company is that only the LED lights will be replaced by clear headlamps.

In the video on the previous page, you can see that he says this vehicle is 97% ready for production. Which means, the production vehicle will be 97% similar to the one displayed.
Wow, that's great news indeed.
Btw, i did read a couple of comments about the car appearing as if it were to be mounted on big wheels from the side profile. Guess it is has something to do with the black paint or side molding on the doors.
Old 11th January 2012, 17:00   #228
BHPian

Default re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Erm, sorry Rahul. I always thought an SUV has to show some ferrocious attitude, not look classic. Fortuner's success has one important factor, its butch aggressive looks. A mean looking SUV like the EcoSport is anyday better than a tame looking SUV like the old Tucson and the recently launched TATA Safari Storme But that's just my view, and I assume many, if not most bhp-ians would agree with me.
I find the Safari and Tucson not to my taste either. Fortuner is awfully bad (no .. stupid) in my books.

Quote:
Looks are subjective. To each his own and i respect your opinion. Btw i just wanted to ask you one thing. By any chance do you own a Gypsy?
Whoa! How did you guess?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Ragul.. Man I think this brute looks awesome.. I might not like it if it were to look any softer. Did you mean cars or SUVs that look good and classic ?

Would like to understand what is good and classic in your view

+1 to this. I would also add Chevrolet Captiva to the list of SUVs that looked docile and nice but failed to sell. Fortuner, Endeavor and the rest looked menacing and sold. In the midst of all this the Honda CRV did sell a while ago probably cos there was no competition (Someone help me here understand why it sold well in the initial days ?).
I love the Pajero, right now too lazy to look up pics of other vehicles I might like, but yes Endeavor is another design I can like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
This is such a lovely looking car. After a bunch of plane jane designs from Ford, this is like a breath of fresh air. This should be a success on its looks alone.
But will the production have the same elements as in the concept displayed ?
Hmm looks like theres something in real life that the pics do not capture? I hate those cars that look like they are drawn for comic books. Swift is one in that category and this one looks no different - perhaps removing the contrasty black and silver metal work in the front and making a single color might help me like it more. Those alloys on the eco look horrible!!

In fact I dislike almost all cars with teardrop headlights and stupid curves, I prefer more square angles and lines. The Premier Padmini type round lights are more to my taste. For example I love the sumo Victa Gold looks compared to Scorpio, although I do like the front grill of Scorpio or a Bolero - just to hint at my tastes.

Just exchanging tastes ... now your turn to spit on my choices

--Ragul

Last edited by Ragul : 11th January 2012 at 17:05.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:09   #229
BHPian

Found this ecoboost 1.0 liter animation, from the video shown at launch probably.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th January 2012 at 23:30. Reason: Nice video, thanks. Re-embedding it so people can watch it in the post iteself.
cuboid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 22:21   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats good. The piece displayed was anyhow looking like a production vehicle (except for LEDs), thats why I said in my earlier post that if they'll change it a lot then it will become too plain.

Mostly they will not give same Alloys and reduce tyre size, that itself could take half the life out of it. :(
Old 11th January 2012, 22:22   #231
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I find the Safari and Tucson not to my taste either. Fortuner is awfully bad (no .. stupid) in my books.

--Ragul
My grandfather has similar tastes. But my father and I are different.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th January 2012 at 02:07. Reason: Avoid quoting entire post if the intention is to reply in one sentence. It inconveniences small-screen & mobile users. Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 10:47   #232
BHPian

What is the big deal with 205/55 R17? Even a Swift or Punto/Linea has diameters almost matching upto that (185/70 R14 or 205/55 R16). And SX4 has 205/65 R16, which is even bigger than those 205/55 R17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Oops, my apologies to everybody for the wrong calculation and the wrong figure that I had earlier posted . Here's the correct calculation:
Dia of the wheel = 17 inches = 431.8 mm
Tyre profile is 205/55, which mean (205*55)/100 = 112.75 mm
Effective tyre profile at the bottom (considering that car's weight will compress it to only 96% of original height) = 96% of 140.25 = 108.24mm
Hence the height of the side body is at a staggering - 324.14mm (half of wheel dia (431.8/2)+108.24)
Which seems too high to be convenient!
Old 12th January 2012, 14:50   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
What is the big deal with 205/55 R17? Even a Swift or Punto/Linea has diameters almost matching upto that (185/70 R14 or 205/55 R16). And SX4 has 205/65 R16, which is even bigger than those 205/55 R17.
Yes, but if you had followed the thread carefully, you would have noticed that the whole point for the discussion about the wheel height is that, the car's door sills are in line with the centre point of the wheel. None of the cars that you have mentioned have this. While the Ecosport does, and thus we were trying to find out the approximate ground clearance of the car
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 19:37   #234
BHPian

J Mays is making a lot of sense here that the EcoSport is 97% production ready.
They are moving so fast that its already in testing or might be in test production in China.
here are the pictures & following is the original link of chinacartimes reporting it:
Chang'an Ford | Ford Ecosport Testing in China | China Car Times - China Auto News

Bring it on Ford I am equally eager to buy one.
Attached Images

ajnagpur is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 21:01   #235
BHPian

Also, at the EcoSport Unveiling Ford's presentation said that with EcoSport they are moving towards a new design language for future.
On the same lines they have now showcased the upcoming 2013 Fusion sedan (pls do not confuse this with the European one that we had in India) at Detroit.

Looks beautiful IMO. Much on the lines of AstonMartin I would say.
Attached Images

Old 12th January 2012, 21:47   #236
BHPian

^^^

And the first production Focus Electric delivered to Google.

This exciting very Aston-Martin-ish face is indeed becoming the face of Ford. And I personally like this better than the previous family face (Figo, New Fiesta).
Attached Images

Last edited by cuboid : 12th January 2012 at 21:49.
Old 12th January 2012, 22:04   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Beautiful is an understatement.
Lets hope Ford brings this to India with the right engine choices.
And off course price it sensibly.

How hard can that be?
Very hard for Ford marketing team I guess. They never got anything right other than the Figo.
Old 12th January 2012, 22:18   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the same lines they have now showcased the upcoming 2013 Fusion sedan at Detroit.

Looks awesome, but its engine options are not too good because the competition has moved ahead with more powerful engines.
Old 13th January 2012, 11:09   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
J Mays is making a lot of sense here that the EcoSport is 97% production ready.
They are moving so fast that its already in testing or might be in test production in China.
here are the pictures & following is the original link of chinacartimes reporting it:
Chang'an Ford | Ford Ecosport Testing in China | China Car Times - China Auto News

Bring it on Ford I am equally eager to buy one.
The production version seems to be very faithful to the concept car. And I personally like the alloys in the production version more. The rear wiper seems to be mounted on top of the tailgate.
Old 14th January 2012, 19:48   #240
BHPian

The Ford Ecosport design seems like its taken cues from the Ford Territory model sold in Australia. Its usually seen following the Prime Minister.
Attached Images

Closed Thread