Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 21st January 2013, 08:45   #2416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
Stock MRF ZV2K front tyres lasted 18K on my Fiesta TDCi. I do a lot of highway running, but that is not an acceptable reason for front tyres wearing out this fast! I had to change to Michelin XM2 as MRF was giving away like a Super Soft Compound. Surprisingly, the same tyres did last for 40K on my Swift. This experience has kept me away from MRF for good!
What do you mean front tyres?
Did you not rotate them?
Old 21st January 2013, 09:54   #2417
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
What do you mean front tyres?
Did you not rotate them?
Mayankk, even without rotation/alignment(ASC skipped / missed it) at the 10k service, the stock front ZV2Ks had about 75% of the rear's tread left after 20k kms. This being a diesel fiesta driven predominantly in the highways.

I expect it to last till 60k.
Old 21st January 2013, 10:27   #2418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

BTW, i have found apollo acceleres to be pretty decent for an OEM tyres., Infact they have been praised in many reviews of my car.
I can second that. Apollo acceleres are pretty good OEM. However over time i found that the Apollos on my indigo tended to get punctured more often than the Michelins on my wagon r.
Now both cars wear Michelin.
Old 21st January 2013, 10:59   #2419
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Wheelomania.com has updated that the Ecosport has started arriving at the dealerships. They have added photos as well

Image and information courtesy - Wheelomania.com
I seriously doubt that this car is in a dealer stockyard. It must be yet another of those test mules
Old 21st January 2013, 11:47   #2420
Distinguished - BHPian

Mustang.101 reports on another forum that the Auto will be available ONLY on Ecoboost!!
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 12:54   #2421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Mustang.101 reports on another forum that the Auto will be available ONLY on Ecoboost!!
As much as i love that news and respect the source, the AT has nowhere in the world been mated to the EcoBoost 1.0.

Also, the AT test mules didn't support the EcoBoost badging
Old 21st January 2013, 13:03   #2422
BHPian

Actually I hope the autobox comes on the diesel engine. That will be the winning combination.
Old 21st January 2013, 13:07   #2423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As much as i love that news and respect the source, the AT has nowhere in the world been mated to the EcoBoost 1.0.

Pretty much my confusion too! What if Ford is trying to mislead customers or planning some surprises. For a clear cut answer, we need to wait. But I would really love to see Auto options for both Ecoboost as well as the diesel variant.

Now, could it happen that the 1.5L with Auto might be testing for launching in some other countries? Am sure Ford knows they don't benefit anything from introducing it in India, am NOT too sure they want to launch it here. The primary reason for restricting the Ecosport below 4m mark was to get the excise concession; will they do such a dumb excercise (launching 1.5L petrol)?
Old 21st January 2013, 13:13   #2424
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Actually that is not true. The 1.0L Ecoboost is mated to the Powershift box in the Focus.

In the diesel also as someone corrected me, the Focus with a 2.0L TDCi engine has a powershift transmission option.

I would think that the Ecoboost with the AT will end up being priced higher than the manual diesel which is why Ford maybe hesitant to launch the Ecoboost automatic.

The 1.5L with the powershift may make sense price wise for Ford.

Diesel with the AT was always unlikely since pricing would have been prohibitive. Some inside sources reveal that a diesel AT maybe on the cards.

I received this PM from a member who wished to remain anonymous. Thanks!

Quote:
This is the latest update from my sources on Ecosport. There is a meeting happening on feb 3rd in Gujarat plant location for all the dealers and there they will announce the exact launch date and delivery schedule plan. According to them they are expecting a Launch in March and the delivery also will start in March itself.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st January 2013 at 13:14.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 13:31   #2425
ARG
BHPian

In the meanwhile(!), Kairali Ford, at Trivandrum, says that it "should be another 2 to 3 months" before we get to see the EcoSport in the flesh, and they start to accept bookings.

The Kairali-girl also claims that several potential customers are calling up with 'sightings' of the car in Trivandrum, but strangely, says that "test-drives" are being "arranged directly with customers, by Ford-Chennai"; and that the dealer has nothing to do with this.

What is happening, Ford?! This is the age of social-media, if nothing else!
Old 21st January 2013, 14:55   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is the latest update from my sources on Ecosport. There is a meeting happening on feb 3rd in Gujarat plant location for all the dealers and there they will announce the exact launch date and delivery schedule plan. According to them they are expecting a Launch in March and the delivery also will start in March itself.
IMO its the pricing which is taking time which they to finalize, Most of the websites agree between 6.5 -10 Lakhs ex-showroom. Although the dealers guys are ready to bet between 6-9 (wish that was true..)
Old 21st January 2013, 15:33   #2427
BANNED

Folks, I went to Harpreet Ford in Gurgaon on Saturday to get hold of the RSA & Extended Warranty Certificate for my Figo (which I've not got though I bought the car in March 2011 !). Saw 2 Ecosports parked and covered ! requested a couple of officials there to let me get a preview, they were too reluctant but allowed me to have a look on 2 conditions...
1. I took out my cheque book and said I'm a prospective buyer and would like to look before I book.
2. I was told strictly NO Photos.!

The vehicle looks good in the flesh and the rear bench seems more spacious than the Duster, though boot space may have been compromised
The Dashboard is miles ahead of the Duster no doubt
16 inch wheels look butch!
The paint quality is also good
The officials informed that these are display cars for the showroom and would be put on the pedestal in a weeks time post wash and shine
Tentative price is 10 Lakhs, exshowroom for the top end diesel version based on which they've started collecting unofficial booking amount of Rs 50K (termed as token )
The 'token' amount is articulated very smartly - no cancellation charges on the token amount as of now.! BUT, once the official bookings start in Feb (8th tentative) there would be a 10% charge
Deliveries to commence in May 2013

Let's see what Ford has in store of us and itself !
ridinthru' is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 15:34   #2428
Senior - BHPian

You wont believe how confident the dealers were before New Fiesta was launched. They were confident like most of us at that time that Ford would do a Figo with the pricing. I was there at the dealership when the prices were being announced through a WebCast by Ford and I personally witnessed the disappointment on the face of the sales team. It was a sad sight, anything on pricing I will wait to hear from Ford than to hear these insider's rumor

However, I am silently confident that Ford can easily do a Figo like pricing with the EcoSport as more effort has been spent on the localisation, sub 4-m length and the baby EcoBoost engine being 1L has its advantages on the pricing too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
IMO its the pricing which is taking time which they to finalize, Most of the websites agree between 6.5 -10 Lakhs ex-showroom. Although the dealers guys are ready to bet between 6-9 (wish that was true..)
Old 21st January 2013, 15:44   #2429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
The vehicle looks good in the flesh and the rear bench seems more spacious than the Duster, though boot space may have been compromised
The Dashboard is miles ahead of the Duster no doubt
any info abt Ecoboost and AT?
Old 21st January 2013, 15:45   #2430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARG View Post

In the meanwhile(!), Kairali Ford, at Trivandrum, says that it "should be another 2 to 3 months" before we get to see the EcoSport in the flesh, and they start to accept bookings.

The Kairali-girl also claims that several potential customers are calling up with 'sightings' of the car in Trivandrum, but strangely, says that "test-drives" are being "arranged directly with customers, by Ford-Chennai"; and that the dealer has nothing to do with this.

What is happening, Ford?! This is the age of social-media, if nothing else!
I had one of my acquaintances claiming that he had "spotted" an Ecosport in Trivandrum . His thought is that that ford might be doing 'invite-only' test drive sessions - which I really doubt. Has anyone from TRV got a glimpse of this new Ford?
Closed Thread