Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 21st January 2013, 17:32   #2431
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Saw 2 Ecosports parked and covered ! requested a couple of officials there to let me get a preview, they were too reluctant but allowed me to have a look on 2 conditions...
1. I took out my cheque book and said I'm a prospective buyer and would like to look before I book.
2. I was told strictly NO Photos.!
This is the best news I've heard about the launch in a long time. So they are finally making their way to the showrooms.

I sincerely hope my 'Pre'booking done months ago plays out as planned

Last edited by GTO : 22nd January 2013 at 11:34. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
Old 21st January 2013, 17:40   #2432
BANNED

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
any info abt Ecoboost and AT?
Not much info given, the folks there were more interested in getting out of the area where the vehicles were parked and have me 'jacked' into the showroom room front desk area to ensure I handed over the cheque, which Ofcourse I would have done had my wife not been along,

Plan to book once the 'official' booking starts to get more clarity on delivery timelines, pricing, 'bells n whistles' on the variants !
Old 21st January 2013, 19:02   #2433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
You yourself have contradicted your opinion.

If the MRF is the best stock tyre, why would you swap them on day 1 for michelins?
Nope, you've got me wrong.

What I said was that among the stock tyres supplied by Ford, MRFs are the best, when compared to Apollos and Goodyears

But I am not a fan of MRFs, going by my experience with the Fiesta. I'd anyday swap them for Michellins, which I did for my Figo.

Hope the message is clear now.
Old 21st January 2013, 19:15   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post

Not much info given, the folks there were more interested in getting out of the area where the vehicles were parked and have me 'jacked' into the showroom room front desk area to ensure I handed over the cheque, which Ofcourse I would have done had my wife not been along,

Plan to book once the 'official' booking starts to get more clarity on delivery timelines, pricing, 'bells n whistles' on the variants !
This is inline with the launch invitation given by Ford to TN CM, asking her to kick off the Ecosport production line sometime in Feb.
Old 21st January 2013, 19:48   #2435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddyCrew View Post
I had one of my acquaintances claiming that he had "spotted" an Ecosport in Trivandrum . His thought is that that ford might be doing 'invite-only' test drive sessions - which I really doubt. Has anyone from TRV got a glimpse of this new Ford?
You are too late on the thread. A convoy of 5 Ecosports were/are doing the rounds in Trivandrum and were spotted multiple times by bhpians & their friends. Those are undergoing tests & NO direct TDs and stuffs like that. Trust me, even (most) dealers didn't manage to get a look at it; forget customer TDs.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st January 2013 at 20:05.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 19:58   #2436
BHPian

Some owner's of dealers it seems have driven it, definitely no direct td to customers as confirmed minutes ago by a Ford sa. Yes bookings opening shortly...
Old 21st January 2013, 20:01   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You are too late on the thread. A convoy of 5 Ecosports were/are doing the round in Trivandrum and were spotted multiple times by bhpians & their friends. Those are undergoing tests & NO direct TDs and stuffs like that. Trust me, even (most) dealers didn't manage to get a look at it; forget customer TDs.
Thanks swiftnfurious.

And yea, we have got much more info on the Ecosport here on Tbhp than the TRV Ford dealer seems to know or is it that there is some kind of a "gag order" from Ford - which stops them from keeping potential customers informed??

Quite honestly this wait is getting a bit too much and the fact that Duster is the "Tbhp Car of the Year" doesn't help matters either
Old 21st January 2013, 20:05   #2438
BHPian

I see a lot of speculation about the boot space. I found this on the ford India website and sorry If I'm reposting. 346 lts. seem good enough although a little less than Brazil version's 362 lts. Also don't fail to notice that 60:40 split option for the rear seats.

I hope this vehicle will be an allrounder with no specific strengths and no strong weaknesses and will appeal to the masses more than Duster. I just hope the new 1.0 lt. petrol engine proves efficient, reliable and affordable.

Here's the link to where I found this image.

http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/features/smart
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-1212013-75358-pm.jpg  

Old 21st January 2013, 20:32   #2439
BHPian

Instead of 560 litres washing machine as a reference Ford could let us know how much leg space there is. A washing machine is hardly a daily passenger on any kind of car, unless EcoSport is meant to be some kind of delivery van.

I hope people don't mistake the capacity with fridge capacities, fitting a 346L fridge into the boot will be long shot.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 20:41   #2440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Instead of 560 litres washing machine as a reference Ford could let us know how much leg space there is. A washing machine is hardly a daily passenger on any kind of car, unless EcoSport is meant to be some kind of delivery van.

I hope people don't mistake the capacity with fridge capacities, fitting a 346L fridge into the boot will be long shot.
I think the boot then is as big as DZire, or maybe smaller in two dimensions at least, since it's a shorter car than EcoSport, with only similar boot capacity. That's seriously short of Duster
Old 21st January 2013, 21:10   #2441
ARG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddyCrew View Post
And yea, we have got much more info on the Ecosport here on Tbhp than the TRV Ford dealer seems to know or is it that there is some kind of a "gag order" from Ford - which stops them from keeping potential customers informed??
Quite honestly this wait is getting a bit too much and the fact that Duster is the "Tbhp Car of the Year" doesn't help matters either
Highly likely that the dealer is in the dark, too.

While a bit of building excitement in the market is all very well, this is clearly going overboard - assuming that Ford actually has things under control!

One gets the feeling that there is too much expectation on the product, now - Ford has to get practically everything right at the first shot.

I have a feeling they'll get carried away with all the excitement they've generated in the market, and price the EcoSport all wrong - just like the 'non-classic'(!) Fiesta.
Old 21st January 2013, 21:14   #2442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
I think the boot then is as big as DZire, or maybe smaller in two dimensions at least, since it's a shorter car than EcoSport, with only similar boot capacity. That's seriously short of Duster
When we say 346L, is it upto the height of the rear windscreen or till the roof?

From what I know, it would be till the bottom of the rear windscreen. The option to keep the suitcases vertically (with some portion extending outside of the specified 'boot volume') would mean the practical space available in Ecosport would be much more than Dzire even if both have identical statistics for boot space.

BTW, a note to Ford India if they are seeing this: I can't imagine other 'fun things' like a 560L Washing Machine. Looks like whoever designed that caption needs a vacation on Ecosport very badly.
Old 21st January 2013, 21:16   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
346 lts. seem good enough although a little less than Brazil version's 362 lts.
Is this because they increased some leg space in indian version?
Old 21st January 2013, 21:20   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post

When we say 346L, is it upto the height of the rear windscreen or till the roof?

From what I know, it would be till the bottom of the rear windscreen.
It's surely up to seat back height of rear seats excluding head rests. Nothing to do with wind screen
spinfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 21:29   #2445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
It's surely up to seat back height of rear seats excluding head rests. Nothing to do with wind screen
It's up to the parcel tray that is normally till the level of windscreen.
Closed Thread