Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 9th February 2013, 15:18   #2671
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
One thing that is a little concerning to me is the amount of new technology in this 1.0L ecoboost DCT variant (if ford sells such a variant i.e.). Ecoboost itself needs to prove itself over the long term. Add to that the DCT which is also not tested enough in India (ownership reviews, I have seen only one). It would be good to see how this performs over a longer time duration. Hope there are enough buyers there who are willing to risk their money and share their experiences.
Couldn't agree more with you. Bang on. A potentially promising car, much delayed, kept alive in our memory by artificially created media inserts, coming from a brand that has miserably failed in India so far, except for accidents like Figo wherein situation (diesel!) forced success on an unanticipating management, putting first-time deployed technology into Indian hands. I only hope it manages to survive beyond the initial hysteria. May be it does because Duster did despite the absence of a robust A$$ back-up. Only time will tell!
Old 9th February 2013, 17:29   #2672
AWD
BANNED

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Sorry to say but the Interiors don't gel with the Exteriors of the vehicle, I would not hesitate to call the interiors un-inspiring, dull & boring. Wish Ford had carried forward the exterior theme on the insides too instead of a copy-paste job from the Fiesta.

Last edited by AWD : 9th February 2013 at 17:31.
Old 9th February 2013, 18:37   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Interior pic of the AT version.
As we can see from the picture, it seems the automatic gear box for the ecosport has a S mode instead of the L mode in the Fiesta.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-eco.jpg

Can anyone enlighten me regarding the differences between the S mode in a VW DSG and the L/S mode in the FORD DCT ?

As far as i read in the net and with a few you tube videos explaining the working of these dual clutch transmissions, both these modes upshift only on redlining.

Is there any other difference to say that the S mode in VW DSG is better than the L mode in FORD DCT in a utilitarian point of view ?
Old 9th February 2013, 19:05   #2674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Sorry to say but the Interiors don't gel with the Exteriors of the vehicle, I would not hesitate to call the interiors un-inspiring, dull & boring. Wish Ford had carried forward the exterior theme on the insides too instead of a copy-paste job from the Fiesta.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but i think most of us here will agree that EcoSport interiors look fantastic.
They look even more awesome when you compare them to the (only real)competition a.k.a. the ancient interiors of Duster!
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 20:02   #2675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but i think most of us here will agree that EcoSport interiors look fantastic.
They look even more awesome when you compare them to the (only real)competition a.k.a. the ancient interiors of Duster!
I would have posted exactly the same. I do NOT think there are better interiors (or by a big margin) in the segment around Ecosport. And I frankly do NOT mind living with the interior if they can price it competitively w.r.t Duster.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 20:03   #2676
AWD
BANNED

Quote:
EcoSport interiors look fantastic.
Similar Interiors were not well received in the Fiesta! How do you think the yardstick is going to be any different ? There nothing "fantastic" about them, they are the same dull & boring ones.. Before launch its usual for the public to go gaga, once the dust settles will the true picture emerge.

What's good is good i.e. the exterior styling, what's not is not i.e. the interiors.
Old 9th February 2013, 20:35   #2677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Similar Interiors were not well received in the Fiesta! How do you think the yardstick is going to be any different ? There nothing "fantastic" about them, they are the same dull & boring ones.. Before launch its usual for the public to go gaga, once the dust settles will the true picture emerge.

What's good is good i.e. the exterior styling, what's not is not i.e. the interiors.
The Fiesta's interiors were only criticised for being a bit cramped that too, only at the rear.

In fact ,the interior was said to be over-styled with its swoopy mobile phone inspired centre console. I thought the same UNTIL i sat in the car. You get that cockpit feeling and with everything falling into hand perfectly, there wasn't much to complain about.

BTW, as i have seen you active on the Duster thread as well, how do you believe the two compare in terms of Interiors?
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 20:47   #2678
BHPian

Quote:

The Fiesta's interiors were only criticised for being a bit cramped that too, only at the rear.

In fact ,the interior was said to be over-styled with its swoopy mobile phone inspired centre console. I thought the same UNTIL i sat in the car. You get that cockpit feeling and with everything falling into hand perfectly, there wasn't much to complain about.

BTW, as i have seen you active on the Duster thread as well, how do you believe the two compare in terms of Interiors?
Very very bland, in my IMHO. My neighbor got it recently. Got a chance to feel the interiors. Not at all worth for that price point.

I believe Fiestas interior was critized for plastic quality. The design is quite good.
Old 9th February 2013, 20:50   #2679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I will say that the Fiesta’s key drawback was its pricing, and not really the interiors. I recently did a TD and I found the interiors pretty decent (probably because I am not a big fan of beige), and the driver ergonomics are excellent. The mobile phone inspired key pad is a bit old-school compared to the new age touchscreens, but it is extremely functional.

For the expected pricing and segment which the Ecosport is gunning for, the Fiesta-like interiors should work well (hope they’ve done something to fix the rear-seat headrests).

Last edited by vb-san : 9th February 2013 at 20:52. Reason: quote added
vb-san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 20:51   #2680
AWD
BANNED

Quote:
In fact ,the interior was said to be over-styled with its swoopy mobile phone inspired centre console.

I did not find much favor with the Fiesta's interiors, the design is a little futuristic but the materials & plastics used do not exude quality. Also the whole design is not too functional. Its more like you see on a video-game console. The colors used look dull. So overall its not an impressive package.

Regarding Duster, I had booked the vehicle. Yes the initial euphoria played on me too but then as the dust settled, I cancelled my booking. Did not like Dusters interiors as-well. But because Dusters interiors are not good does not translate into Ecosports becoming good!

Having said that, Duster has been a success & consumers have showed great interest in the vehicle. Similarly Eco-sport is destined to do good, sure Ford has to select pricing points intelligently. Even if it were to be a great success, doesn't stop me from voting down its interiors! Rest remains to be seen/felt in flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I will say that the Fiesta’s key drawback was its pricing.
Yes that was a big factor. Lately Ford tried to correct this but did not gain any +ve results. So perhaps there are other things too...Interiors coupled with small from the outside!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th February 2013 at 13:17. Reason: merging back to back posts. Please use the edit option when quoting within 30mins.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 21:03   #2681
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I will say that the Fiesta’s key drawback was its pricing, and not really the interiors. I recently did a TD and I found the interiors pretty decent (probably because I am not a big fan of beige), and the driver ergonomics are excellent. The mobile phone inspired key pad is a bit old-school compared to the new age touchscreens, but it is extremely functional.

Add to pricing, its lack of space in the rear. For a sedan at nearing 13L OTR Bangalore, a cramped rear seat was really bad. Thats the other reason, people chose to go with others.
Even I TDed the top end diesel. Its a beauty to drive. Then I asked folks in the back seat how did they feel? Their looks alone gave me the answer!

Coming back to Ecosport, I sense a similar condition. If one is looking for lots of rear seat space, then this may not be the answer. I really would like to proved wrong here.

Last edited by ampere : 9th February 2013 at 21:04.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 21:15   #2682
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Add to pricing, its lack of space in the rear. For a sedan at nearing 13L OTR Bangalore, a cramped rear seat was really bad. Thats the other reason, people chose to go with others.
Even I TDed the top end diesel. Its a beauty to drive. Then I asked folks in the back seat how did they feel? Their looks alone gave me the answer!

Coming back to Ecosport, I sense a similar condition. If one is looking for lots of rear seat space, then this may not be the answer. I really would like to proved wrong here.
I have seen one video on youtube where they have shown the rear seat could be positioned and adjusted back and forth and the incline decline can also be adjusted just like front seats,will it be standard in all variants of ecosport
here`s a pic of the rear leg room in ecosport,the guy looks like 6ft in height,so he is quite comfortable
http://static.autoexpress.co.uk/site...t-brazil-9.jpg
Old 9th February 2013, 22:26   #2683
BHPian

Some gyan about the engine:

RenuKumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 15:05   #2684
Senior - BHPian

Oh dear ..... Looks like Ford is planning on some beige in the lower half. Hope that doesn't make it to the production models
Old 10th February 2013, 19:16   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Oh dear ..... Looks like Ford is planning on some beige in the lower half. Hope that doesn't make it to the production models
+1, a red ecosport with beige interior... cant take it... sports colors are good with black interiors.
Closed Thread