Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2013, 07:53   #2716
BHPian
 
sharninder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Goon-Gaon
Posts: 359
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Just a thought on the pre-bookings. Say Ford opens the official bookings next week - Wouldn't the dealership enter the bookings in order of booking. This would mean that someone who has pre-booked (official or not) will definitely be higher up the list, or is there something that i'm missing here ?

So, if one really is keen on this car and cannot wait too long, I think its worth it. One thing is for sure, the Ecosport is going to have a waitlist unless Ford really screws up big time...
Well, if one has the extra money to spare and is hell bent on getting the car on the first day, I guess it's ok to go in for these unofficial bookings.

As for me, I'd rather wait for atleast 6 months to find out about any possible niggles and experiences of initial owners.

BTW: A little birdie has told me that the media campaign will most likely be launched this month and probably the car will be on display too in showrooms soon after, but the actual launch/deliveries are likely around the May timeframe.
sharninder is offline  
Old 14th February 2013, 11:40   #2717
BHPian
 
Gizmokid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Yay! It's the grey Ecosport, and definately a TDCi from the badge, which I hope will be in my garage soon :-)

Spoke to Metro Ford this morning, they believe they will have a display unit by mid march, and deliveries by May end...
So the wait continues
Gizmokid is offline  
Old 14th February 2013, 15:08   #2718
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 901 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Pretty much all news points to the fact that EcoBoost will be launched first.
If this is true, "Petrol"heads like me are in for a treat. Why? Simple

-Ford launches EcoSport in petrol only(initially)
-Expect a poor response
-Low waiting periods for us "Petrol"heads
-EcoSport remains a rare car till the diesel is available
agambhandari is offline  
Old 14th February 2013, 17:29   #2719
BHPian
 
jayded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TVM, HYD
Posts: 535
Thanked: 455 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Pretty much all news points to the fact that EcoBoost will be launched first.
If this is true, "Petrol"heads like me are in for a treat. Why? Simple

-Ford launches EcoSport in petrol only(initially)
-Expect a poor response
-Low waiting periods for us "Petrol"heads
-EcoSport remains a rare car till the diesel is available
As per a lot of rumours the diesel is supposed to be launched a month later compared to petrol, if not together. So not sure what is the real "treat" that you are talking about. Owning a "petrol" ecosport for a month before it becomes a common sight? Isn't that the case for all newly launched cars for the initial couple of months, irrespective of the fuel? Lastly I don't think that short-lived exclusiveness would be something a "petrolhead" would even care about, but then, I wouldn't know.
jayded is offline  
Old 14th February 2013, 18:00   #2720
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 901 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
As per a lot of rumours the diesel is supposed to be launched a month later compared to petrol, if not together. So not sure what is the real "treat" that you are talking about. Owning a "petrol" ecosport for a month before it becomes a common sight? Isn't that the case for all newly launched cars for the initial couple of months, irrespective of the fuel? Lastly I don't think that short-lived exclusiveness would be something a "petrolhead" would even care about, but then, I wouldn't know.
Yes the small-lived exclusiveness is not that big a thing.

But the fact that you wouldn't have to wait much is a big deal to most of us.
Earlier there weren't much waiting periods on Cars, but lately it is a nuisance.

All Petrolheads get the sleepless nights when waiting for their spanking-new possesion.
No waiting is certainly a treat for all of us!!
agambhandari is offline  
Old 14th February 2013, 18:48   #2721
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 286
Thanked: 152 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Another vital info was, My friend was praising the pickup of the vehicle. He was in a Punto and had hard time keeping up with this diesel avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Latest video taken by my friend near chengalpattu.

klassics45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 19:53   #2722
BHPian
 
ramharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 87
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Good News, Got a call from MPL Ford yesterday about the Ecosport. He said the official launch is in March 18th (week) and the vehicles will be delivered starting 1 month from then, which is 3rd week of April. Ford Rep wasn't clear on the pricing but he claimed the pricing (official estimates from Ford) will start from around 7 and Diesel Topend would be around 10.5L. Have asked him to keep me informed on all communications from Ford on the Ecosport.
ramharis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 22:30   #2723
BHPian
 
bnzjon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 836
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Good News, Got a call from MPL Ford yesterday about the Ecosport. He said the official launch is in March 18th (week) and the vehicles will be delivered starting 1 month from then, which is 3rd week of April. Ford Rep wasn't clear on the pricing but he claimed the pricing (official estimates from Ford) will start from around 7 and Diesel Topend would be around 10.5L. Have asked him to keep me informed on all communications from Ford on the Ecosport.
I too received the same communication from MPL Ford that the launch will be around week starting 17 Mar and deliveries will begin around April end.

Was there any mention of when the booking will start ?
bnzjon is offline  
Old 14th February 2013, 22:59   #2724
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,939
Thanked: 1,926 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Hormazd Sorabjee has predicted Rs 5 lakh price tag for the base petrol variant EcoSport!
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 23:25   #2725
BHPian
 
mohandasnikhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 273
Thanked: 238 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS
Hormazd Sorabjee has predicted Rs 5 lakh price tag for the base petrol variant EcoSport!
Wow! Ford seems to want to cover all bases from the Swift to the Duster. I wouldn't have ever believed this price, but Hormazd is known to get some crucial industry news before launches.
mohandasnikhil is offline  
Old 14th February 2013, 23:45   #2726
BHPian
 
Turbokick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 512
Thanked: 237 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Hormazd Sorabjee has predicted Rs 5 lakh price tag for the base petrol variant EcoSport!
Ecoboost engine ? 5 lakhs ?
I have huge respect for ACI and Hormazd but still I dont think it will be a case.
Turbokick is offline  
Old 14th February 2013, 23:45   #2727
BHPian
 
MandarMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 176
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Hormazd Sorabjee has predicted Rs 5 lakh price tag for the base petrol variant EcoSport!
He also mentioned that the reason for the delay in launch is heavy localization attempts by Ford to achieve a highly aggressive price target, and Ford is very close to achieving that target. He added that generally the gearbox is the last thing to be localized and Ford has localized that as well. Ford is going to price the starting variant in the five lakh bracket. Bookings will open by end of March and deliveries should begin by end May / June timeframe.
MandarMax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 23:51   #2728
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Hormazd Sorabjee has predicted Rs 5 lakh price tag for the base petrol variant EcoSport!
Is this a recent update? I do NOT think Ford can price it this low. The BEST bet I see is a 6.49L ex showroom for petrol base model.
swiftnfurious is offline  
Old 14th February 2013, 23:55   #2729
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,939
Thanked: 1,926 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is this a recent update? I do NOT think Ford can price it this low. The BEST bet I see is a 6.49L ex showroom for petrol base model.
Yes, he revealed this in the scoop section of the Autocar show which was aired an hour ago! I too agree with you on the ex-showroom pricing bit but Hormazd does get things spot on more often than not.
He also revealed other details which are mentioned in MandarMax's post.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 23:59   #2730
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,503
Thanked: 424 Times
Talking Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Yes, he revealed this in the scoop section of the Autocar show which was aired an hour ago! I too agree with you on the ex-showroom pricing bit but Hormazd does get things spot on more often than not.
He also revealed other details which are mentioned in MandarMax's post.
If it's around 5 lakhs ex showroom, sales of cars like, swift/i20 will go for toss. I am pretty sure, figure for base petrol will be near 7L mark.

But if it comes true ( which is IMO impossible ), I will buy 2 of them
sameerg001 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs! GTO Super-Cars & Imports in India 265 20th April 2017 20:58
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics GTO The Indian Car Scene 522 16th January 2013 09:34
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs Rehaan The Indian Car Scene 1632 5th July 2012 03:03
Wheelosphere at The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo 2010 udayjani The Indian Car Scene 3 10th October 2010 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks