Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 22nd February 2013, 08:44   #2866
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

EcoSport in the weekend of Carnival

Name:  foto.JPG
Views: 5836
Size:  63.1 KB

On the weekend of Carnival made ​​the second big trip with my EcoSport FreeStyle.
were 650km from Maceio to Paulista, in the backlands of Paraiba and over 650km back to Macedonia.
Filled the tank with leaded gasoline, calibrated four tires with 32 pounds and 4 am trip followed with two more people on board. Cologuei a pendrive 8GB and gave the Sync voice command to play my music selection. I connected the iPhone by bluetooth, ran the app Waze GPS and traced the route. All done! Following the advice of a friend, I decided to take a "softened" in the car because he's just 4.500km rotated. Then I stretched a little exchange of marches doing trade only to the 4,000 spins. A difference from the old EcoSport is striking. Even stretching the gears, you do not hear the engine screaming in the car as it did with the old EcoSport with 1.6 8V engine Zetec. This new 1.6 16V engine Sigma is very smart, resilient, economical and silent and still has 10 horses more than the old. On the first trip in November with only 900km run, consumption was 13.1 km / l and this trip was the consumption of 12.2 km / l just because I decided to stretch a little more gears and at times reached a speed of 160km / h on highways duplicate of Pernambuco and Paraíba. remained on the air conditioning all the time, always at level 2 and at no time felt the need to increase. Aprovadíssimo this air conditioner is the new EcoSport. It is noteworthy that virtually no noticeable performance difference when you turn on the air conditioning.

Name:  Novo EcoSport.jpg
Views: 6206
Size:  41.7 KB

The trip was very quiet and once again I felt a big difference in the curves of the new EcoSport. Even at the speed 100-120km / h makes it curves quite safely, demonstrating an incredible stability compared to the previous model. In no time the car leans or invades the track contrary, as with the old model. You feel very safe driving the new EcoSport.
believe that this is due to the AdvanceTrac system consisting of antilock brakes, stability and traction controls and drift compensation system that detects inclination and imperfections on the track, correcting automatically without you noticing. EcoSport The still arouses much curiosity of people on the road. Rearview mirror could tell people the car behind the EcoSport pointing and commenting. The same happened when I stopped in Campina Grande to supply. The tank was still half, but I still could not supply because of the quality of fuel sold there in the backcountry. The amount of stops for fuel is another distinguishing the new EcoSport over the old. Upon return, the journey back was pretty quiet and I decided to go back on Tuesday at 9:30 pm, arrived at 17:00 in Maceió and virtually no faced traffic. Very few cars on the road. How souvenir photo above is what I did on the farm, in Paulista-CP. A beautiful landscape with my EcoSport the background!

Source: http://diariodebordonovoecosport.blogspot.de
Old 22nd February 2013, 08:58   #2867
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

New EcoSport: Versatility in daily use

NEW ECOSPORT: VERSATILITY IN DAILY USE,
ONE OF THE ATTRIBUTES OF LEADERSHIP IN BUSINESS

The New EcoSport led the SUV segment in Brazil in January 6359 with units, a 72% volume ahead of second-place showing its acceptance in the market. In addition to the revolutionary design, the customer surveys indicate that the versatility in everyday life is one of the main factors of purchase.

The quality of project design and careful attention to detail during the development of the new EcoSport also contribute to this result. The video below shows some of the advantages of the model.

The high altitude of the soil increases the versatility of the car, either to work in the city or to go to the beach or the farm with friends on the weekend. "On asphalt, it gives more comfort to go through bumps and holes. On the off-road, easy run on multiple terrains such as dirt roads, gravel or stone," explains Norberto Catani, supervisor of Vehicle Engineering at Ford, which participated in the design of the new EcoSport.

The bank raised helps to convey the feeling of safety to the driver. "The configuration of the body also brings confidence maneuvers, you know where it begins and ends, and auxiliary systems increase the dominance of the car in different situations, whether on the road or when parking on slopes , "continued the engineer.

Smart Technologies
Among the smart technologies that make driving the new EcoSport safer and more enjoyable is the electric power steering. Only in category, it regulates the effort according to speed and has drift and offset cancellation system for filtering vibrations and oscillations surface irregularities.

The AdvanceTrac system - formed by electronic stability control, traction control and ABS brakes - monitors vehicle speed, throttle position and steering wheel angle to control wheel slippage and help maintain the desired direction. To avoid delizamento back on the slopes, the wizard starting ramp keeps the vehicle stationary for up to 3 seconds after you take your foot off the brake. The parking sensor is another feature that facilitates maneuvers.

The New EcoSport also has smart devices like digital air-conditioning system, opening doors and keyless start, rain sensor, headlights with automatic lighting and electrochromic mirror, that put a step ahead in the category.

Source: http://diariodebordonovoecosport.blogspot.de/

Last edited by bageherath : 22nd February 2013 at 08:59.
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:58   #2868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Big news coming in guys. Mantra from Comedy Circus has been shooting as a part of "Urban Discovery" campaign for Ecosport in Delhi and Mumbai.

He also shared following snap of Ecosport near Kayani's in Mumbai.
Thanks for sharing. For some reason, it looks fairly small in this picture. Definitely not the case with the ones I saw earlier. Illusion? Thus far, I have just not been able to visualize the vehicle, esp. on the size aspect.
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:26   #2869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Thanks for sharing. For some reason, it looks fairly small in this picture. Definitely not the case with the ones I saw earlier. Illusion? Thus far, I have just not been able to visualize the vehicle, esp. on the size aspect.
I saw the vehicle in flesh when I went to Saudi Arabia. It has got good road presence. The size is quite similar to Duster. I used to see the vehicle regularly as there was one parked daily next to the hotel where I was staying. I did not click pictures as I did not want to land in any trouble in Saudi, unfamiliar place with a strict law.
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:53   #2870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nilesh now even other sites are saying the same. Dont know the truth though. But if there is both 1L and 1.5L on the offer, this seems plausible.

http://www.rushlane.com/ford-india-t...s-1266770.html
There are so few fiestas on the road that its hard to know if its a good thing or bad to have the 1.5ltr from the Fiesta.

The Ford website says its 109ps/6045rpm and 140nm/4500rpm which compares well with the Duster 104ps/5850rpm & 145nm/3750rpm. The Duster tho on paper may be more city friendly than Ecosport. But what about the efficiency figures?

I'm so not sure this petrol is going to sell, esp if they launch the diesel at the same time. I also have a feeling that the Ecoboost will be a still born given its price and the fact that few will go into understanding the technology behind it. Ford hasn't drummed up enough to allow the common man to understand that the Ecoboost will be revolutionary in terms of how pocket-friendly petrol engines can be.

In store conversions to Ecoboost will be tough and rare esp when a Customer walks in with his mind already made up on the Diesel and the premium Ford "intends" to charge for Ecoboost!

I posted this question earlier and will ask again - what stops Ford from launching the Ecoboost as the cheapest no frills with sensible pricing? Or at least price it on par with the diesels? Esp if the localization is already heavy. How do they intend to have enough customer base for people to understand and spread a positive feedback about the ecoboost? I doubt marketing is enough.

But the diesel Ecosport is sure to take a chunk out of Dusters pie!

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 22nd February 2013 at 12:55.
Old 22nd February 2013, 13:12   #2871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I'm so not sure this petrol is going to sell, esp if they launch the diesel at the same time. I also have a feeling that the Ecoboost will be a still born given its price and the fact that few will go into understanding the technology behind it. Ford hasn't drummed up enough to allow the common man to understand that the Ecoboost will be revolutionary in terms of how pocket-friendly petrol engines can be.

In store conversions to Ecoboost will be tough and rare esp when a Customer walks in with his mind already made up on the Diesel and the premium Ford "intends" to charge for Ecoboost!

I posted this question earlier and will ask again - what stops Ford from launching the Ecoboost as the cheapest no frills with sensible pricing? Or at least price it on par with the diesels? Esp if the localization is already heavy. How do they intend to have enough customer base for people to understand and spread a positive feedback about the ecoboost? I doubt marketing is enough.

I was pretty sure some months back that I need a diesel version of ecopsort and thus pre-booked.

The more i read about ecoboost, more tempted I get to go for it.

Also for a car buyer, Govt. decsion to increase diesel prices by 50 paisa/month can also be a key cog in decision making.
Old 22nd February 2013, 13:37   #2872
BHPian

I am interested in petrol only as my running doesn't justify a diesel. Moreover an year down the line the difference wont be over 12-13 rs.

Bookings are open in Gurgaon as well. Deliveries in May. 50k booking amount. No cancellation charges of course.
Old 22nd February 2013, 13:44   #2873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
I was pretty sure some months back that I need a diesel version of ecopsort and thus pre-booked.

The more i read about ecoboost, more tempted I get to go for it.

Also for a car buyer, Govt. decsion to increase diesel prices by 50 paisa/month can also be a key cog in decision making.
@Rajesh - You, I and most others educating themselves by reading etc are a minority. Do you know how many Dusters i've seen in fringe areas around pune?? Way more than what i've seen in my own apartment complex where some of the well educated folks with access to information live. And yes, we will wait for your decision once the prices are announced.

Perceptions turn into belief over time which probably has become the case with aam-admi when it comes to petrol vs. diesel debate. A lot of folks i talk to say i'm ok paying that 1lac upfront than see that extra going out every single time i fill up my tank. Again, no rationale, just perceptions.
Old 22nd February 2013, 17:44   #2874
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I would still say the conversion would be high, though it would be an informed buyer who would decide based on pricing and features. The reason being, Ecosport would sell more as an urban vehicle only. And urban population would be informed.

Quote:
The Duster tho on paper may be more city friendly than Ecosport. But what about the efficiency figures?
I dont know about the petrol, but for diesel, we need to compare apple to apple. We should not compared efficiency of 110bhp version of Duster, but the 85 bhp one against Ecosport. The difference then I would say is marginal in terms of efficiency with vote going for Ecosport. Off course 1.5 90bhp engine of Ecosport much more advanced compared to the old K9K engine from Renault. But still from city drive point of view the Duster 85 is brilliant.

Quote:
I posted this question earlier and will ask again - what stops Ford from launching the Ecoboost as the cheapest no frills with sensible pricing?
If its well localised then nothing stops. But then it was never about VFM. Its always about revenue and profit margin.

Quote:
We need to see that. The only reason it can happen is because Ford is more a household name and Renault is a new entrant. From a price/feature/build quality point of view, it can argued upon. But the other dimension which can swing the decision one way or the other is boot space and rear seat comfort too.

And the other side of the story is if Ecosport petrol is priced well with good features, then apart from Duster, it would eat into sales of many other segments as well.
Old 22nd February 2013, 21:48   #2875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Off course 1.5 90bhp engine of Ecosport much more advanced compared to the old K9K engine from Renault. But still from city drive point of view the Duster 85 is brilliant.
May be the 1.5 90bhp engine of Ecosport much more advanced but the Fiesta diesel did not feel extraordinary when compared to sunny. Yes it is a bit more refined and thats about it. In terms of outright acceleration, none of these two are impressive.

Quote:
And the other side of the story is if Ecosport petrol is priced well with good features, then apart from Duster, it would eat into sales of many other segments as well.
If the base model of Ecosport is priced ~ 1L more than Swift Lxi/VXi, It will eat into the hatch market. And I wont be surprised if it does 6-7K a month. If priced 2L more than Swift, It probably will not sell more than 2.5-3K in the long run.
Old 22nd February 2013, 23:15   #2876
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
May be the 1.5 90bhp engine of Ecosport much more advanced but the Fiesta diesel did not feel extraordinary when compared to sunny. Yes it is a bit more refined and thats about it. In terms of outright acceleration, none of these two are impressive.
True. But as long as they serve with decent linear power delivery and good FE, a basic requirement gets resolved. They may not be quick. But then quick is a very relative terms and changes from buyer to buyer. For many it may not even be a priority, when looking at an SUV styled product.
Old 22nd February 2013, 23:25   #2877
BHPian

Tall vs Short people take on Ecosport

Name:  Eco_abre_17_10.jpg
Views: 4633
Size:  282.6 KB

Name:  02.jpg
Views: 5210
Size:  329.3 KB

Name:  02_02.jpg
Views: 5678
Size:  301.5 KB
bageherath is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:55   #2878
BHPian

Yellow bright Ecosport caught testing in Chennai.

Old 23rd February 2013, 12:11   #2879
BHPian

Ecosport Vs Vista dimensions. I know there is no comparison but it definitely looks like hatchback on steroids
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-vista-front.png  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-vista-side.png  

damager21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 13:41   #2880
BHPian

i reckon thats a very good comparo. considering the indica is a lot roomier than a few entry level sedans. The wheelbase, overall width and overall length (remove the spare and read as 4m for the ecosport) seen here just goes to show that the ecosport might not be as tiny on the inside as what we might perceive it to be but the final judgement can be called only once the display vehicles arrive in the showrooms and a lot of us get to experience it first hand.
Closed Thread