Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 3rd March 2013, 15:12   #3001
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Any idea what would be the price of the base variant of petrol.I am looking for a replacement for my WagonR and I think the Ecosport will be ideal.I would buy the car at the beginning of 2014.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 3rd March 2013, 17:42   #3002
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Any idea what would be the price of the base variant of petrol.I am looking for a replacement for my WagonR and I think the Ecosport will be ideal.I would buy the car at the beginning of 2014.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Actual price point will be known only at the launch but as per speculations Ford is planning to launch Ecosport at a special price of Rs 5.99 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for limited bookings.

If you are planning to buy in 2014 then the starting price will be upwards of Rs 6.25 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi)
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 17:46   #3003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Actual price point will be known only at the launch but as per speculations Ford is planning to launch Ecosport at a special price of Rs 5.99 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for limited bookings.

If you are planning to buy in 2014 then the starting price will be upwards of Rs 6.25 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi)

When will the EcoSport be launched?If it's around June,July I can buy it at that time.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 3rd March 2013, 19:41   #3004

My family and I got to see Ecospsort today. The car is absolutely amazing, everyone loved it . The interiors are all black and are very upmarket, better than my i20 Asta, overall car gives the look and feel of compact SUV. Let me also add that boot space is not bad, its simillar to the i20. I am going for it as a replacement for my 5+ years old SX4.

In Gurgaon, they say that Ford will showcase the car at the Ambience Mall, 3rd or 4th week of March. Prior to that Ecosport is to make an appearance at the Select City Walk, New Delhi. I am sure other cities would have a similar schedule.
pro711 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 20:04   #3005
BHPian

I hope that the Ecosport only because of its ground clearance of more than 170 mm will not fall in the catagory of SUVs and attract 30% excise duty. The finance minister needs to clean up his idealogy and work towards providing better roads all over the country including rural areas and then think of taxing the SUVs at higher rates.

In fact the cars with higher ground clearance should be taxed moderately as they help people cope up with the bad road conditions, unscientifically high speed brakers, potholed roads and make people complain less about bad roads. The government is wasting all the taxpayers money in all kinds of scams including road project scams and kickbacks and still wants the taxpayer to cough up more money for buying SUVs.

I hope at least compact SUVs or MUVs such as ecosport and Quanto are spared so that people like me living in rural areas can afford them purely to tackle bad road conditions that are thrown at us compulsively. I would prefer a hatchback any day over a compact SUV if I had good roads to drive on. Anyone having concrete idea about the catagory in which the Ecosport falls may please clarify the same.
Old 3rd March 2013, 20:24   #3006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
I hope that the Ecosport only because of its ground clearance of more than 170 mm will not fall in the catagory of SUVs and attract 30% excise duty. The finance minister needs to clean up his idealogy and work towards providing better roads all over the country including rural areas and then think of taxing the SUVs at higher rates.

In fact the cars with higher ground clearance should be taxed moderately as they help people cope up with the bad road conditions, unscientifically high speed brakers, potholed roads and make people complain less about bad roads. The government is wasting all the taxpayers money in all kinds of scams including road project scams and kickbacks and still wants the taxpayer to cough up more money for buying SUVs.

I hope at least compact SUVs or MUVs such as ecosport and Quanto are spared so that people like me living in rural areas can afford them purely to tackle bad road conditions that are thrown at us compulsively. I would prefer a hatchback any day over a compact SUV if I had good roads to drive on. Anyone having concrete idea about the catagory in which the Ecosport falls may please clarify the same.
The government has classified as SUVs, all vehicles larger than 4 metres in length, having an engine bigger than 1,500 cc and a ground clearance of more than 170mm.

Any vehicle which meets ALL the above criteria is classified as SUV. Hence there is no impact of increase in excise duty on Ecosport and Quanto.

In India, vehicles which are less than 4-meters in length and have an engine capacity less than 1.5-litres (diesel) or 1.2-litres (petrol), benefit from a lower excise duty of 12% against 27%.

Hence, both Ecosport and Quanto fall in the 12% bracket.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 21:47   #3007
Team-BHP Support

Even if length is more and they take into account the spare wheel, the EcoSport will still not fall under SUV category since both EcoBoost and diesel engine is below the limit.
Old 3rd March 2013, 22:14   #3008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post

I am not so sure of the 5.99 ex-showroom price. I spoke to the Talera Ford dealer at Pune and he mentioned an ex-showroom price of 8L for the EcoBoost version.

I so hope that it is between the 6L-8L price range.
Old 3rd March 2013, 22:34   #3009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro711 View Post
My family and I got to see Ecospsort today. The car is absolutely amazing, everyone loved it . The interiors are all black and are very upmarket, better than my i20 Asta, overall car gives the look and feel of compact SUV...
Did you get to touch & feel the interiors or a glance from outside? In case you could get inside, hope you have some more details on the ingress-egress, seat positioning, space etc!
Old 3rd March 2013, 23:06   #3010
BHPian

Here is my lame entry for the Ford Contest!

http://ecosportdiscoveries.co.in/dis...my-food-beach/

Who else from team BHP is participating? After months and months of waiting, i cant believe its gona take another 3 months...Ford really is testing my patience!
Old 4th March 2013, 07:00   #3011
BHPian

Heyy, I'm participating too.

Here is my entry

https://ecosportdiscoveries.co.in/discovery/the-lake/
Old 4th March 2013, 07:22   #3012
Senior - BHPian

Team-Bhp Eco sport discussion featured on the "Ford Ecosport Buzz"

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capture.png

http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/buzz
Old 4th March 2013, 10:45   #3013
BHPian

Here is my lame entry for the Ecosport. If you can manage to see it, please help a needy soul with a new car

https://ecosportdiscoveries.co.in/di...aven-on-earth/

On other news, i did test drive the Duster and was peeved by the fact that there is no test car for the petrol version. Anyway, i dint like it much. Compared to my Fusion the driving pleasure is lacking. Steering is too soft and it does behave a bit like an elephant after having a nicotine fix.

I was talking to the guys in Metro ford and all of them are zipping their lips and talking about June - July. Will wait as am not in a rush

Finally, a question to the group - with Fiesta, Figo why couldnt Ford call their vehicle Futuresport !! What is behind naming most of their vehicles with words starting in F or E
Cheers

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2013 at 14:11. Reason: Fixing link
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 12:18   #3014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
More than 170 mm GC for civic? I don't think so
I know, sounds tough to believe. Have a look here

http://www.hondacarindia.com/civic/Specifications.html
Old 4th March 2013, 13:23   #3015
MYB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Here is my lame entry for the Ford Contest!

http://ecosportdiscoveries.co.in/dis...my-food-beach/

Who else from team BHP is participating?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddVish View Post
Heyy, I'm participating too.

Here is my entry

https://ecosportdiscoveries.co.in/discovery/the-lake/
Guys,

I have been trying to create an account and it never lets me create it and asks me to fill in password again and again but never succeeds! Very irritating. It says "Must be at least 8 characters long, with at least one letter and number". Tried all combinations of passwords and it still doesn't go through. How did it go through for you folks?
Closed Thread