Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 4th March 2013, 13:38   #3016
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Spoke to someone whom I know and is linked to Ford, he is usually updated with the latest news and he told me that the cars will be displayed in the Malls of select cities before hitting the show rooms. Ironically I got the mail from Ford within a couple of minutes of my conversation. So unless you see the Ecosport in your city mall, you can be sure that the launch is still sometime away.

Everyone is very tight lipped about the pricing and the only hint which I got is that the amount of money Ford is spending on the marketing will be recovered by the sales. I hope the "numbers" meant that its the number of Ecosports sold rather than the actual price of the car.

I am not expecting it to be very competitively priced; I think it will be priced at par with the existing Fiesta. I am fine with it if you ask me.
Old 4th March 2013, 15:01   #3017

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did you get to touch & feel the interiors or a glance from outside? In case you could get inside, hope you have some more details on the ingress-egress, seat positioning, space etc!

Unfortunately, could not get inside the car. However, here are some of the observations:

- Ingress - egress: Ecosport is slightly taller than the SX4, difference being 100+ mm. I am 5' 9 and walk into my car. I think it's going to be slightly better for Ecosport. I stood facing the door and I was about 4 to 5 inches (approx) taller than the car, so I can just open the door and almost walk straight in.

- Interiors - So could only see through the glass window. It definitely looks great. The black interiors has a the upmarket gloss/shine to it, for comparison sake, pretty close to Fiesta, but looks much more sporty with the subtle changes in the air-con vents etc.

- Features - I saw the Titanium trim, it was confirmed that crusie control will be present in the Titanium variant. I saw the voice command image on the steering mounted control as well. Could not locate the start-stop button.

- Seats - Seating the front two looked similar to the Fiesta's. Titanium did not have black leather seats with red thread stitch, which BTW I am in love with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Spoke to someone whom I know and is linked to Ford, he is usually updated with the latest news and he told me that the cars will be displayed in the Malls of select cities before hitting the show rooms. Ironically I got the mail from Ford within a couple of minutes of my conversation. So unless you see the Ecosport in your city mall, you can be sure that the launch is still sometime away.
Yes , I mentioned the same in my post earlier, the show-casing will happen in malls. For NCR, I heard it's going to be Select City Walk Saket and then Ambience Mall GGN. All this is still tentative and may be subject to change, although I do feel had I been Ford, these are the exact two malls I would have chosen, due to the size, foot fall, gentry etc.

Last edited by Zappo : 4th March 2013 at 15:16.
pro711 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 15:29   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddVish View Post
Heyy, I'm participating too.

Here is my entry

https://ecosportdiscoveries.co.in/discovery/the-lake/
Cool! You have one more vote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYB View Post
Guys,

I have been trying to create an account and it never lets me create it and asks me to fill in password again and again but never succeeds! Very irritating. It says "Must be at least 8 characters long, with at least one letter and number". Tried all combinations of passwords and it still doesn't go through. How did it go through for you folks?
Try using a special character too! something like rajkumar@456! Easier to however login using your facebook ID. let me know once its done so that so that i can vote for you! Why spend efforts to buy votes when you can exchange within Team BHP?

Last edited by urajkumar : 4th March 2013 at 15:30.
Old 6th March 2013, 11:21   #3019
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : Please STRICTLY avoid soliciting your EcoSport Discovery Entries, and asking for votes. This thread is to discuss the vehicle only, and not the contest.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 11:31   #3020
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
Bangaloreans would be able to get their first view of the FORD ECOSPORT in Mantri Mall, Malleswaram. The vehicle will be kept on displace from March 29th to 31st, 2013.

Just received an email from them.

@ Mods,
If the information is already published in this thread, please delete my post

Last edited by ku69rd : 6th March 2013 at 11:32. Reason: Added finer details of venue
ku69rd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 12:45   #3021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Folks,
Bangaloreans would be able to get their first view of the FORD ECOSPORT in Mantri Mall, Malleswaram. The vehicle will be kept on displace from March 29th to 31st, 2013.
I hope they get display vehicle to showrooms soon after that. We wont be able to check the interiors and seating etc on the display vehicles kept in malls.
Nobody seems to have a clear information why Ford is taking such a long time to get this vehicle on road.
Old 6th March 2013, 15:10   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Folks,

Just received an email from them.

@ Mods,
If the information is already published in this thread, please delete my post
wow, only a display vehicle by March end ! is Ford planning to launch it in the 2nd quarter - June ??
Old 6th March 2013, 15:15   #3023
BHPian

If the display vehicle itself is coming in end of March, then the actual launch would be still delayed! Ford must understand that enthusiasts have waited enough already and this might negatively impact their sales. Too much of expectations and even if the product is quite OK, heavy expectations will bog it down!
The decrease in the interest levels is apparent from the updates on this thread for the past two days. It is moving at snails' pace compared to 'refresh to find a new post' scenario till last week
Old 6th March 2013, 15:29   #3024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post
wow, only a display vehicle by March end ! is Ford planning to launch it in the 2nd quarter - June ??
Honestly I don't know the answer but from the speculations so far it appears that deliveries might actually happen by May end or June first week. Ford has maintained a high level of secrecy around this launch, even their dealers do not know off any dates. All that I get to hear is the car will be displayed on March 29th to March 31st. Have been following up with 3 dealers and today I got a call from one of the dealers whilst 2 other dealers have emailed me about the urban discovery competition and the last line mentions about the car being displayed at the mall.
Old 6th March 2013, 21:11   #3025
Distinguished - BHPian

Me thinks, they will launch it ONLY by June 2013. Reason? Their Ecosport Discoveries contest says the 35 participants in Stage 2 will be the first ones to drive the vehicle before anyone does! The fine print also says the contest ends in June 2013 where they declare one team as winners. if you read this together, Ford says the launch will be in June, after the end of the contest!!
Old 6th March 2013, 22:32   #3026
BHPian

Ford definitely needs time till June '13 to localise Ecosport as much as possible and to ensure the smooth functioning of the vendor network. Now, they cannot afford to let the buzz around Ecosport to die until June, can they! Solution? Run a contest! Have stages in winning to keep the buzz going as well buy time till June! When the winners are announced, voila, Ecosport is ready too!
Old 6th March 2013, 23:20   #3027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Ford definitely needs time till June '13 to localise Ecosport as much as possible and to ensure the smooth functioning of the vendor network....Run a contest! ...When the winners are announced, voila, Ecosport is ready too!
I know a bunch of my friends who were waiting for the Ecosport to launch! One of them bought a Punto a month back; another one has lost his interest already and said he will NOT even bother to check out this car. Two of them who want to buy this car are also getting turned off by the delay. So all in all, 4 out of 5 people (in my close circle) who were interested in this car has almost written this off. How long can Ford keep people interested?

And after all this hoopla, if they do NOT launch the car below 6L ex showroom, they have some serious trouble up their back!!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th March 2013 at 23:22.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 09:58   #3028
BHPian

Quote:

I know a bunch of my friends who were waiting for the Ecosport to launch! One of them bought a Punto a month back; another one has lost his interest already and said he will NOT even bother to check out this car. Two of them who want to buy this car are also getting turned off by the delay. So all in all, 4 out of 5 people (in my close circle) who were interested in this car has almost written this off. How long can Ford keep people interested?

And after all this hoopla, if they do NOT launch the car below 6L ex showroom, they have some serious trouble up their back!!
Swiftnfurious ,
I too belong to the category of people who have given up the hope of having this SUV into our garage. Tommarow I will be taking delivery of my Swift ZDi. Ford has lost another prospective customer !
With the Fiesta sedan it was price that went wrong and this time its time factor that is going to cause the disaster. Atleast an official word on when it is going to launch would have made me delay my plans.
Ford might be able to bring in the vehicle at a reasonable price by adopting various cost effective techniques .
Localisation is good. Time taken in the process of implementation of such price reducing stratergies is also justifiable upto a certain extend. But Ford must remember the fact that time do matters as price.

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 7th March 2013 at 10:05.
Old 7th March 2013, 10:03   #3029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I know a bunch of my friends who were waiting for the Ecosport to launch! One of them bought a Punto a month back; another one has lost his interest already and said he will NOT even bother to check out this car. Two of them who want to buy this car are also getting turned off by the delay. So all in all, 4 out of 5 people (in my close circle) who were interested in this car has almost written this off. How long can Ford keep people interested?...
Add me to the list. June is too far away and if there is no news by April, the Ertiga it is.
I wonder what's causing the delay. Localization is a continuous process and is not something that they can be waiting for to happen !
Old 7th March 2013, 10:07   #3030
Senior - BHPian

EcoSport shows flaw in Ford's global design policy

Quote:
In countries where bad roads are usual, those demands include a spare wheel. Because it was impossible to package it inside the car, Ford chose mount it on the rear in the manner of traditional off-roaders. Buyers in Europe can remove it, but the fastenings will remain visible. There's no option to cancel it.

"We realize for some people [the spare] may look too rugged and too added-on but the consensus is that we will sell the car in the same configuration for all the markets," Smith said.
Source: http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#ixzz2MpEdStlR
Closed Thread