Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 12th August 2012, 19:10   #1171
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Thank you, the boot space of the EcoSport looks much smaller than what the Duster has on offer.
It is smaller and probably has more features and better interior quality than the Duster. Although they are in the same segment size wise, I think the Yeti, the Duster and the Ecosport will have different things to offer for different customers.
Old 12th August 2012, 20:03   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Thank you, the boot space of the EcoSport looks much smaller than what the Duster has on offer.
Agreed the boot of the Ecosport is quite small (@ 346 litres) compared to that of the Duster (@ 475 litres), but then the Ecosport is going to be just 4 metres long (excluding the spare wheel) & the Duster measures @ 4.315 metres. So the additional length of the Duster has all been converted into boot space. But this big boot of the Duster has eaten up the rear seat leg room. I am somehow feeling the rear seat of the Ecosport would be more comfortable, add to it the 3 point recline positions of the back rest & the 60:40 split, this makes the Ecosport a very versatile package to suit different needs of different people.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 21:29   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Agreed the boot of the Ecosport is quite small (@ 346 litres) compared to that of the Duster (@ 475 litres), but then the Ecosport is going to be just 4 metres long (excluding the spare wheel) & the Duster measures @ 4.315 metres. So the additional length of the Duster has all been converted into boot space. But this big boot of the Duster has eaten up the rear seat leg room. I am somehow feeling the rear seat of the Ecosport would be more comfortable, add to it the 3 point recline positions of the back rest & the 60:40 split, this makes the Ecosport a very versatile package to suit different needs of different people.
Completely agree with you @AutoIndian
My Figo boot has never let me down for a small car. So EcoSport's boot is a bonus as it will be as good as my Ikon. Its a complete package for guys like me upgrading from a small car to a small SUV.

& the 3 step recline position is awesome for long journeys. I do feel that EcoSport's rear leg room will be spacious & will not be less that Duster. Follwing is a pic for comparing.

http://revistaautoesporte.globo.com/...9771329,00.jpg

Also here is the link for full comparison. Please use Chrome or Google translator for English.

Carros - NOTÍCIAS - Novo EcoSport x Renault Duster: jipinho renovado já encara rival
ajnagpur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 09:31   #1174
BHPian

Just read in today's newspaper that Ecosport is one of 30 models that are being planned for launch in this festive season (Oct/Nov). Is that really so??

A few others that were mentioned: Evalia, Camry, Mini-Xylo, Scala, Elantra...
Old 13th August 2012, 10:07   #1175
Senior - BHPian

I am confused here! Ecosport is more modern as compared to duster; however, what would be its single largest USP when it hits the Indian shores? Diesel engine? Nope, everyone has that; less than four meters length? Nope, Mini Xylo is going to be there; VFM Pricing? Guess, that's the only thing making it successful. If they get it wrong, it would be another dud like the highly capable Fiesta; that's not selling at all.

Lower segment - Mini Xylo will kill it
Upper segment - Duster will kill it
Old 13th August 2012, 10:40   #1176
BHPian

When the Ecosport was shown at the Auto expo, I liked its looks. Now I have second thoughts. The front portion is short and very high, very stubby, something like the fiesta's bum. The open mouth look also is not to my taste. It reminds me of Jeremy describing the Porsche Cayenne's front as a "camel with gingivitis"!
Having said that, it does look mean. I would give way to it if I see it in my rear mirror!

Last edited by Deep Blue : 13th August 2012 at 10:47.
Old 15th August 2012, 23:24   #1177
BHPian

I don't think SUV or Mini SUV or Compact SUV does justice to this segment of cars. These are urban cars that are compact, Eco friendly, safe, gadget-filled interiors, with a good elevated road view. For such a segment of cars, the boot space is not the most important factor, nor is 7 person seating. There are a large number of people who want something other than a hatchback or a sedan with similar size, space and cost. I am one of them and I guess most of you who are following this thread are in the same boat.
prady16 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 14:23   #1178
BHPian

Spot on Prady!
One need not have a family of 7 to enjoy the pleasures of an SUV

Besides cars like Ecosport and Duster are more suited for urban commute and parking in cramped spaces than their larger siblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prady16 View Post
I don't think SUV or Mini SUV or Compact SUV does justice to this segment of cars. These are urban cars that are compact, Eco friendly, safe, gadget-filled interiors, with a good elevated road view. For such a segment of cars, the boot space is not the most important factor, nor is 7 person seating. There are a large number of people who want something other than a hatchback or a sedan with similar size, space and cost. I am one of them and I guess most of you who are following this thread are in the same boat.
anurag.somani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 15:54   #1179
BHPian

I have informally booked Ecocsport today in Hyderabad
Old 20th August 2012, 16:37   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Congratulations for being the first one to book the Ecosport at least here on TBHP. Hope you won't mind answering the below queries:
  • How much booking amount did you pay?
  • What is the tentative launch date in India as per the dealer?
  • Which variant have you booked (diesel/petrol)?
  • Does the dealer have any idea about the pricing?
  • Is he going to refund the full booking amount in case you don't want to go ahead with the Ecosport?
  • Please share with us any other info that you might have got from the dealer.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 19:46   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Congrats buddy ! did you book it with Modi Ford or Sundaram ? and please keep answering the shower of questions on this 'Informal' booking
Abhi_abarth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 21:58   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations for being the first one to book the Ecosport at least here on TBHP. Hope you won't mind answering the below queries:
  • How much booking amount did you pay?
  • What is the tentative launch date in India as per the dealer?
  • Which variant have you booked (diesel/petrol)?
  • Does the dealer have any idea about the pricing?
  • Is he going to refund the full booking amount in case you don't want to go ahead with the Ecosport?
  • Please share with us any other info that you might have got from the dealer.
>Booking amount was 25000 rs.
>They say Nov/Dec/Jan'13, I feel 1st week of Jan.
>Diesel( As of now I prefer Titanium variant, depending on pricing might change)
> they say 7-10 lakh ( Top end diesel model should be < 10 lakhs, they say if more than 10 additional 2% road tax % charged (Chennai (5% more) and Hyd 2% more, so they should be under 10 lakhs).
>Booking amount can be refunded.
>They say production will start in Nov'12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Congrats buddy ! did you book it with Modi Ford or Sundaram ? and please keep answering the shower of questions on this 'Informal' booking
I booked @Mody ford as I know people there since I bought my Fiesta way back in 2006. They say I am the first one to book @Mody ford. When I enquired @Fortune they say already had 60 Adv bookings.

I ford has officially not opened the bookings, official booking will start in Nov'12.

-Bagheerath Reddy

Last edited by aah78 : 21st August 2012 at 02:40. Reason: Posts merged & updated. excise duty -> road tax.
bageherath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 12:11   #1183
BHPian

I asked the salesperson at MPL Ford, Chennai about booking the ecosport and he says they have no information about it and will let me know as soon as they have any. No prebooking either.
Old 21st August 2012, 13:53   #1184
Senior - BHPian

I heard the Duster top end diesel is close to 13 L OTR. In that case, can we expect the Ecosport top end diesel to be priced below 10 L?

I dont intend to disappoint anyone. In fact I hope it is priced below 10L too, just want to ensure we dont go the Fiesta way and build a bubble only for Ford's pricing pin to prick it.
Old 21st August 2012, 14:11   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I heard the Duster top end diesel is close to 13 L OTR. In that case, can we expect the Ecosport top end diesel to be priced below 10 L?

I dont intend to disappoint anyone. In fact I hope it is priced below 10L too, just want to ensure we dont go the Fiesta way and build a bubble only for Ford's pricing pin to prick it.
Dealer say ecosport top end will be around 11L on road. Just hope it is true.
Closed Thread