Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 26th August 2012, 12:29   #1216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon

I am trying to figure out if the foot well includes a dead pedal. I sorely miss this in my Polo. Of all the pictures of the Brazilian Eecosport, there is one that comes close to showing this area of the car, but it is too dark to tell if a dead pedal is provided or not. Would appreciate if anyone can clarify this.
The automatic has a dead pedal, not too sure about the manual.

And anyways a dead pedal should not be even a considering factor while buying a car. It should never even influence your decision by 1%. We can easily rest our foot on highways behind the pedal or to the left of it in a position that is similar to the normal sitting position.

For eg. Car A is good, Car B seems equally good so i shall buy the car with the dead pedal. This is a wrong method to choose a car.

Its like choosing a car with the better looking mu flaps, or choosing a car that comes with fog lamps over a car that does not, or choosing a car which comes with carpet mats over a car that comes with rubber mats or vice versa.

No offense to anyone.
Old 26th August 2012, 12:48   #1217
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I am trying to figure out if the foot well includes a dead pedal. I sorely miss this in my Polo. Of all the pictures of the Brazilian Eecosport, there is one that comes close to showing this area of the car, but it is too dark to tell if a dead pedal is provided or not. Would appreciate if anyone can clarify this.
Here you go... I lightened the image.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fullscreen-capture-8262012-115651-am.bmp.jpg
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 13:43   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
The automatic has a dead pedal, not too sure about the manual.

And anyways a dead pedal should not be even a considering factor while buying a car. It should never even influence your decision by 1%. We can easily rest our foot on highways behind the pedal or to the left of it in a position that is similar to the normal sitting position.

For eg. Car A is good, Car B seems equally good so i shall buy the car with the dead pedal. This is a wrong method to choose a car.

Its like choosing a car with the better looking mu flaps, or choosing a car that comes with fog lamps over a car that does not, or choosing a car which comes with carpet mats over a car that comes with rubber mats or vice versa.

No offense to anyone.
Of course it wont be a Deal Breaker for anyone but i suppose when you find a real irritant with your own car, you would try to make sure its not there in your next car.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 14:34   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Yes I agree, it is very difficult to figure out from the pictures. In one of the pictures from carplace.com, there seems to be a dead pedal. Have tried to capture that picture & highlighted it in red below.

Name:  Dead Pedal  Ecosport.jpg
Views: 4677
Size:  63.7 KB
Old 26th August 2012, 16:27   #1220
BHPian

I think the speculations regarding dead pedal on the Ecosport is on its way. If there is a dead pedal in the Indian version it would definitely be a nice offering from Ford especially during long highway drives.

Will the Ecosport have Automatic Climate Control across all the variants ? The interior pics which shows the console seems to have it. But will it come to India ?
Will ford cut down the feature as part of cost cutting ?
Old 27th August 2012, 07:47   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
I think the speculations regarding dead pedal on the Ecosport is on its way. If there is a dead pedal in the Indian version it would definitely be a nice offering from Ford especially during long highway drives.

Will the Ecosport have Automatic Climate Control across all the variants ? The interior pics which shows the console seems to have it. But will it come to India ?
Will ford cut down the feature as part of cost cutting ?
As Usual, we can expect the Climate Control to be absent in the Base Variant. They would probably do it to cut down on costs(Much Needed).
But i am pretty sure that it would be offered in the Higher Variants of the EcoSport.
Old 30th August 2012, 00:45   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Interestingly no one has uploaded this cover of the ACI Anniversary issue that the ACI editor had tweeted about two days ago. Looks like ACI is the first Indian magazine to get their hands on this all important mini SUV! and the cover also proclaims - 'Its Brilliant to Drive'.

Of course the EcoSport is from Ford and it should carry its brand heritage, but I never expected a SUV to get the 'Brilliant to drive' tag!

Name:  eco.png
Views: 3478
Size:  837.7 KB

Last edited by aravind.anand : 30th August 2012 at 00:46.
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 01:28   #1223
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Interestingly no one has uploaded this cover of the ACI Anniversary issue that the ACI editor had tweeted about two days ago. Looks like ACI is the first Indian magazine to get their hands on this all important mini SUV! and the cover also proclaims - 'Its Brilliant to Drive'.

Of course the EcoSport is from Ford and it should carry its brand heritage, but I never expected a SUV to get the 'Brilliant to drive' tag!

Attachment 977937
Good information AA.

I guess the Autocar India guys got to drive the car in Brazil. Brazil does not have the important for India, Diesel engine. Looks like i will end up buying the Anniversary issue of Autocar after almost 5 years (never bought an issue ever since i joined TBHP in Oct 2007) for the Ecosport and the SUV comparison.
Old 30th August 2012, 09:14   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post

I can't wait to get my subscription copy. Which means about a week longer, I guess.

Since they've tested the Brazilian version, I don't think we'll get to read about the Ecoboost engine, as in Brazil the two petrol options are 1.6 and 2.0, according to the translated review I read from a few posts back. 'Brilliant to drive'. A tag that will always get my attention.
Old 30th August 2012, 10:16   #1225
BHPian

A good report on Ecosport from WardsAuto USA. Expected price Rs. 8 Lakhs. Local content 80%

Quote:
The EcoSport is produced in India with 80% local content. Less than 157 ins. (400 cm) long, it falls within India’s small-car tax classification. With 7.9 ins. (20cm) of ground clearance and 21.6 ins. (55cm) of water-wading capabilities, it is made for both urban and rural traffic and road conditions.

Ford will offer 2-wheel drive at launch but eventually may introduce all-wheel drive, as well as a 1.5Lor 1.6L diesel engine.

The base-model EcoSport is expected to cost about Rs800,000 ($14,300) and will compete with Renault’s Duster in a new segment of small, car-like CUVs. Rival auto makers including Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai and Mahindra & Mahindra plan to enter the segment, in which 15 new-model launches are planned.
Source:Ford India in Vanguard of New Segment With EcoSport | Politics content from WardsAuto
sarthakgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 12:51   #1226
Senior - BHPian

But i don't the source is very trustworthy.
It even writes" ford's approach is similar to Suzuki Vitara and Toyota Fortuner none of which have succeded in India"
Fortuner is not successful in India? Then why the heck does it have a waiting period?
Old 31st August 2012, 08:37   #1227
BHPian

Summary:
It has the same composure and handling as the hatch batch ( it really suprised them). Driving position is spot on, plastic quality is better that Fiesta, back legroom is good and comfortable though the rear doors are small. braking is excellent. Boot not big and similar to a big Hatch (340L +/-)

They test drove 1.6 L, India will get 1.0 L Ecoboost. It has good road prasence and looks stunning in flesh.
They gave est price as 6-8L and if priced similarly it will eclipse Figo.
If priced aggresively should be the SUV urban that indian customer wants!
Will scan and post the test drive review during weekend 
Hope it is launched early, by year end.
I had prebooked the Ecosport in hyd 3 weeks back.

-Bagheerath
Old 31st August 2012, 08:40   #1228
BHPian

Forgot to mention, got the Autocar magazine Sep'12, and above post details are form the magazine.
Old 31st August 2012, 09:07   #1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
But i don't the source is very trustworthy.
It even writes" ford's approach is similar to Suzuki Vitara and Toyota Fortuner none of which have succeded in India"
Fortuner is not successful in India? Then why the heck does it have a waiting period?
The waiting period of the car is not only because of more demand, but it is due to capacity of the manufacturer to accompany build in its assembly lines.
Typically a car of Fortuner kind requires roughly around 7000 parts and end items would be 1500 to manufacturer. Manufacturer need to coordinate or upgrade not only his own facilities but also suppliers as more than 85% of the parts are from Suppliers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Summary:

Hope it is launched early, by year end.
I had prebooked the Ecosport in hyd 3 weeks back.

-Bagheerath
Is the option of pre-booking the vehicle is there?
How to pre-book a vehicle though it is slated to be launched not early than 1st Quarter of next year.
Are there any costs involved in doing so and is it available in Official site?
Please guide...

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd September 2012 at 14:59. Reason: Back to Back Posts
Old 31st August 2012, 11:45   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Ford has begun production of the Ecosport in China. Here is Indaiancarsbikes report on the same:

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/f...n-china-61531/

Engine options are 1L EcoBoost Petrol producing 120bhp & 200Nm torque & the 1.5L 90bhp diesel already doing duty on new Fiestas.
Closed Thread