Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th January 2012, 16:59   #46
BHPian

Wink Re: Chevrolet @ Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
Worldwide, upgraded Optra is the Cruze. So I dont think there will be any all new Optra. If there is some new Optra on the way, then it will merely be a facelift with may be some added features. What you can expect is an upgraded next gen Aveo.
That's right about Optra and Cruze. But the fact remains that Optra is a good value and selling about 250 units a month. Update of few features could add a zing to an already great product.
More than the upgrade the worry to any potential buyer is - Is Optra going to be phased out? This aspect may be a deal breaker for lots of people. Auto Expo is the place where such a decision could be announced.
Thats the reason for showing interest on Optra upgrade or phase out.
Highflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 03:43   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet @ Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
More than the upgrade the worry to any potential buyer is - Is Optra going to be phased out? This aspect may be a deal breaker for lots of people. Auto Expo is the place where such a decision could be announced.
Thats the reason for showing interest on Optra upgrade or phase out.
I agree with you Highflyer. Chevrolet should come out and give a plan for Optra. Their main concern with low selling of this vehicles is because people do not know if they are going to continue with optra or are they going to phase it out.

Currently they have big hole between their hatch beat and the cruze. In my opinion they must make their presence felt in the following 3 segments with competent products
1. A premium hatchback positioned above beat competing against swift
2. a basic sedan competing against dezire and etios
3. And a C segment sedan competing against the likes of Vento and City

I hope Chevrolet have the vehicles in pipeline to bring into the India market in these three segments.
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 16:35   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Sorry GTO, you are a bit wrong on the Cruze part of your display.

The Cruze is coming with a 163 bhp engine, with no enhancements like the Rockford Fosgate etc, a minor seat adjustment and electrically adjustable seats.
Does anyone have any idea when the new Cruze is out? I ask because Im seriously considering buying the car this year. Any idea if the prices are staying the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is this a fact? If I understand correctly, the existing 148 bhp one is already BS4 compliant while the new one 163/184 BHP is EURO 5.

A better choice may be to keep the existing engine but spend on the:

1. Insulation - the engine is simply too noisy; the new Verna has now set the bar for quiet diesels and there is no reason why a 40% more expensive car cannot do the same
2. ICE: While the existing screen is okay-ish, GM should add the colour touchscreen from the US and Australian versions. The incremental cost will not be high due to volumes. We Indians need that wow factor .
3. Tyres: Add better OEM tyres - the JK Vectras are noisy and detract from the experience
4. ESP/Traction Control: Sorely needed IMHO. Everytime the turbo kicks in on less-than-perfect road surfaces, it makes its case.
5. Interiors: Generally spruce up interiors for the 'experience'
6. Horn: Change the horn; totally spoils the road presence!
I agree that upgrading to the colour touchscreen and adding some TC would enhance the appeal and the value of the car, but I'd love to get some additional horses too. The thing about bhp is what's sufficient today is insufficient tomorrow. Consumer sedans from 10 years ago had about half the power that they do today. There's no such thing as too much power. This forum is called team-bhp, after all.
Also, I actually consider the Cruze's interiors to be the best in the segment.
Yes the car needs some better rubber, but since I'm planning on waiting for the new model and then upgrading the rims and the tyres, it doesnt make too much of a difference to me.
I'm also completely with you on the sound deadening. I don't think it's a particularly noisy car per se (unlike the Vento TDI) but the there's always room for better NVH.
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 16:33   #49
BHPian

Is the Beat getting a facelift ? GM India has not commented on this, but there are news about this on the net. I also remember reading in some auto magazine ( sorry, I don't remember the exact name of the magazine ), that the facelifted Beat is coming to India.
GTO, any update on this please?
auto-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 21:17   #50
BHPian

Is there any major difference to the rear bench of the new Cruze(pics if any)? I took a test drive coupe months ago and loved the car and almost bought it. But in the end, rear space(lack thereof) and uncomfortable recline angle was a deal breaker. I would love it if they could squeeze out a little more leg room and find a better seating position. Also IMO, before they go on to up the bhp, they should do something about the turbo-lag.
reventon2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 00:00   #51
BHPian

Thats a lot of cars to display from one factory! Do they have to pay any custom duty for these expo displays?
FuelInjector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 18:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Chevy was the most happening stall.. With live shows flying cars, international models (also International car Models) and a vast display. In below pic the Beat on left is a balloon, I will soon post a video of this flying in Hall.

Chevrolet @ Auto Expo 2012-image_053.jpg

Chevrolet @ Auto Expo 2012-image_056.jpg

Chevrolet @ Auto Expo 2012-image_058.jpg

Chevrolet @ Auto Expo 2012-image_012.jpg

Chevrolet @ Auto Expo 2012-image_014.jpg
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 01:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Video of flying Chevy at the Expo:

Ym-enjn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 15:13   #54
BHPian

The flying Beat is cool.. "Star Wars" edition??
kanhaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 16:48   #55
BHPian

The one model i really wish chevy would bring to india?.. Camaro!!

Then i would definitely stop thinking about any car mods..
kanhaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 08:54   #56
BHPian

I don’t believe the modification done on Cruze displayed in Auto Expo are real 2012 model. Exactly same Head light, Tail light and the grill shown in pics of expo are available in after market enhancements kits in many Asian and American websites. The Rockfordstage also pointing to the same direction.

The same head lamp assembly I had seen in person on a black Cruze in TOI auto expo at Bangalore few months back. It was in a pavilion of a Customization company. In fact they look awesome.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 16th January 2012 at 08:58.
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 17:09   #57
BHPian

Thumbs up New Chevrolet Captiva and revised Tavera Neo3 unveiled

Chevrolet India has unveiled the all new Captiva with a meatier front, a 2.2 litre engine and a six-speed automatic transmission, the face-lifted Tavera Neo3 BSIV version as a complete mobility solution for a bigger family and the Chevrolet Sail Hatchback at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo. Both vehicles come with refreshed exteriors and interiors.

Source : New Chevrolet Captiva and revised Tavera Neo3 unveiled Page - 1| Zigwheels.com
TaurusAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 17:31   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: New Chevrolet Captiva and revised Tavera Neo3 unveiled

Seems Tavera Neo 3 with the 106bhp, 263Nm2.5L Isuzu engine would cost 6.72Lac Ex-showroom N.Delhi and top end to cost 10.02lac.

Impressed about Captiva specs ! 186.5bhp, 424Nm @ 2000rpm !
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 12:16   #59
BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet @ the Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Cruze with some more goodies expected soon
Are you sure that this is the new 2012 cruze? Because others on the forum say that this is just an accessorized version not the 2012 one.
Furebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 18:27   #60
BHPian

Any one with any update on the launch of face-lifted cruze? I am in the market and waiting for it to come with the 163bhp VCDi engine and the facelift .. anyone have any idea of the launch? Please help

n:CorE is offline   Reply With Quote