Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2012, 00:45   #286
BHPian
 
Gurudatta Nayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Goa India
Posts: 140
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Test Drive - Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is suprising since I expect the same gearbox from Swift / Dzire to go into this! Should NOT it be a slick shifting one?
Ya me too..I felt it slightly long as compared to my Swift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Does the middle row slide [forth & back]? From the pics, the middle row space seems to be just a bit more than Swift / Dzire!
Yes, It Dose slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Thanks for sharing the first impression. One quick observation: in the 5th picture, i can see the lever to flip the middle seat to enable access to the last row. This should not be available on the driver side door, as it is not very safe.
You are welcome Driver side, its not available i guess. That leaver is to incline the seat
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 02:55   #287
BHPian
 
paliontile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 70
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Good to see a compact SUV/station-wagon model in India at an affordable price. Do we get 15" tyres in the top-end?
I would buy one if they roll out a 6 seater version (similar to Innova) with individual passenger seats in the middle row and a 60-40 split bench in the 3rd row. That way i can drive around with 3 adults comfortably in my long drives while the split 3rd row takes care of the luggage as well as a kid or two.
paliontile is offline  
Old 24th March 2012, 07:37   #288
Senior - BHPian
 
silverado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai-Pune
Posts: 1,060
Thanked: 683 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
A small portion from ACI report!
Details: Maruti Ertiga review, test drive - Review - Autocar India

Innova can seat people upto 5'5" comfortably at the back for long distance. A sliding middle row can help passengers further.
I beg to differ, INNOVA can be comfortable for 5'8 person as well, as i was pretty comfortable during my 1200km return journey to my village.Its the only mainstream SUV i believe which has a reclining last row of seat.

The rear seat on ertiga surely looks cramped, now with old DZIRE only available in TOUR option, people looking to buy old dzire can buy Ertiga which is much more spacious.
silverado is offline  
Old 24th March 2012, 09:24   #289
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Haridwar
Posts: 306
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: Test Drive - Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Hi All,
I am now thinking of booking the car. Already 17 cars have been booked as of today. I could see many tour operators flocking the showroom to book the car.
How can one book even before any official indications of prices and delivary? I have not heard of any such announcement from Maruti. What was the booking amount? Did they give any idea about pricing?
ajay0612 is offline  
Old 24th March 2012, 09:25   #290
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 372
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: Test Drive - Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Hi All,
Already 17 cars have been booked as of today. I could see many tour operators flocking the showroom to book the car.
Gurudatta Nayak, thank you for sharing the information. You have mentioned that the pickup is less compared to Swift. Do you think the city driveability will be decent, where a lot of driving will happen at speed below 40kmph. How was the feel of the clutch?

I am surprised to hear that bookings are accepted. No dealer here in Bangalore is seems to be accepting bookings for Ertiga. I request other Bangalore T-Bhpians to share any updates.
mohan41 is offline  
Old 24th March 2012, 11:32   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,148
Thanked: 775 Times
Default Re: Test Drive - Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Ya me too..I felt it slightly long as compared to my Swift.


Yes, It Dose slide.


You are welcome Driver side, its not available i guess. That leaver is to incline the seat
You haven't mentioned anything about either the booking amount or the pricing and the probable delivery dates. Did you get a chance to ask this information?
Nilesh5417 is offline  
Old 24th March 2012, 11:57   #292
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,717
Thanked: 1,542 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Maruti Suzuki surely have a winner in their hands as the overall space (passenger & boot) is at par to Xylo & Sumo Grande, & the smaller engine will be a fuel sipper too.

Add to this the fact that the interiors are of much better quality & the smaller size will make it much manageable in congested cities & car parks.
CARDEEP is offline  
Old 24th March 2012, 12:05   #293
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 580
Thanked: 1,339 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Came across this link where i thought the rather bland looking vehicle was given some character - Modifikasi Suzuki Ertiga | Suzuki Ertiga


Ain't this a lot better looking?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-ertiga_white.jpg  


Last edited by sachinayak : 24th March 2012 at 12:06.
sachinayak is offline  
Old 24th March 2012, 12:25   #294
BHPian
 
Gurudatta Nayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Goa India
Posts: 140
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Test Drive - Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
How can one book even before any official indications of prices and delivary? I have not heard of any such announcement from Maruti. What was the booking amount? Did they give any idea about pricing?
The booking amount is 10K. As with regards to the pricing here is the estimate from the dealer
Lxi= 6.89L
Ldi =7.99L
VDI ABS = 8.5L
Zdi ABS = 9.30L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Gurudatta Nayak, thank you for sharing the information. You have mentioned that the pickup is less compared to Swift. Do you think the city driveability will be decent, where a lot of driving will happen at speed below 40kmph. How was the feel of the clutch?

I am surprised to hear that bookings are accepted. No dealer here in Bangalore is seems to be accepting bookings for Ertiga. I request other Bangalore T-Bhpians to share any updates.
Thanks . The Pickup will be felt by people who have driven Swift/Dzire. For the first buyer, it cant be felt. Overall the clutch is similar to the one on Swift(Light). Here bookings are accepted because the cars have arrived in Goa for National Launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
You haven't mentioned anything about either the booking amount or the pricing and the probable delivery dates. Did you get a chance to ask this information?
Booking amount is Rs. 10K and first 13 vehicles will be delivered on 11/12th April 2010. I know 2-3 ppl who have handed 9L DD.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 13:26   #295
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Haridwar
Posts: 306
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: Test Drive - Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
The booking amount is 10K. As with regards to the pricing here is the estimate from the dealer
Lxi= 6.89L
Ldi =7.99L
VDI ABS = 8.5L
Zdi ABS = 9.30L
Thanks. Any idea about prices of VXI & ZXI variants? Are the prices ex-showroom or On-The-Road?
ajay0612 is offline  
Old 24th March 2012, 13:28   #296
BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 811
Thanked: 757 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

It's a sure hit and first thing it will hit is the SX4. Its a sedan/MUV/large hatch rolled into one, with the that sort of pricing it will kill many birds at one go. Maruti is going to have a many miles long waiting list with this product too. Maruti is in real trouble! Kind of trouble many auto makers would die for: unable to satiate demand for its products.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 24th March 2012 at 13:36.
Durango Dude is offline  
Old 24th March 2012, 13:34   #297
BHPian
 
bejoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 645
Thanked: 427 Times
Default Re: Test Drive - Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
The middle row has has lots of leg room and the seating angle can be adjusted. Access to the 3rd row is good. The rear seat is similar to the one found on the Scorpio. Its lacks support and its not suitable for a person with height > 5.8" due to less head room which is due to the rear curve design. The car has adequate boot space with all the seats up.
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Awesome package. The boot space is comparable to i10. Didn't expect that! And there is a parcel tray on the floor that can be opened for storing small loose stuff.

Quote:
I could see many tour operators flocking the showroom to book the car.
No wonder. This would be a perfect people mover. Another sure hit from Maruti.
bejoy is offline  
Old 24th March 2012, 14:22   #298
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,148
Thanked: 775 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Why aren't any reviews talking about features except about the airbags etc? I would like to know whether to assume that the feature set inside and safety features is on par with a honda or a hyundai. That makes a lot of difference!
Nilesh5417 is offline  
Old 24th March 2012, 16:40   #299
BHPian
 
Gurudatta Nayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Goa India
Posts: 140
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Thanks. Any idea about prices of VXI & ZXI variants? Are the prices ex-showroom or On-The-Road?
That's an approx pricing ex showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
It's a sure hit and first thing it will hit is the SX4. Its a sedan/MUV/large hatch rolled into one, with the that sort of pricing it will kill many birds at one go. Maruti is going to have a many miles long waiting list with this product too. Maruti is in real trouble! Kind of trouble many auto makers would die for: unable to satiate demand for its products.
Yup! It will hit the sales of Sx4 for sure and may be Dzire & Dzire Tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Awesome package. The boot space is comparable to i10. Didn't expect that! And there is a parcel tray on the floor that can be opened for storing small loose stuff.
Yup under the parcel tray, there is basket with three storage slots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
No wonder. This would be a perfect people mover. Another sure hit from Maruti.
Since, Toyota has increased the price of Innova, We can expect people with budget of < 10L to opt for Etriga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Why aren't any reviews talking about features except about the airbags etc? I would like to know whether to assume that the feature set inside and safety features is on par with a honda or a hyundai. That makes a lot of difference!
Features are almost same as found on the new Swift Dzire except for the climate control.

I will try to click more high resolution snaps of the car soon.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline  
Old 24th March 2012, 16:45   #300
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Haridwar
Posts: 306
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
That's an approx pricing ex showroom.
Any idea about Vxi & Zxi variants (petrol) prices?
ajay0612 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scorpio 7 seater conversion to 8 seater Mohnish Modifications & Accessories 22 1st August 2015 21:36
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30 chevelle The Indian Car Scene 562 6th January 2012 20:40
Wheelosphere at The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo 2010 udayjani The Indian Car Scene 3 10th October 2010 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks