Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 26th April 2013, 12:35   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012

Speculated launch of Chevrolet Enjoy MPV in the Indian market is May 9, 2013.

http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...ay-9-2013/4028
Old 27th April 2013, 13:15   #317

Just realized that with the launch of the Enjoy, GM India would have THREE 7-seaters in their portfolio - Captiva, Tavera and now Enjoy!
Old 28th April 2013, 01:16   #318
BHPian

Has the official review for these two cars been out yet ?

Will be interesting to note if the Enjoy gets a comparo with the already successful Ertiga, which can be a benchmark, so to say..
Old 29th April 2013, 20:27   #319
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Has the official review for these two cars been out yet ?

Will be interesting to note if the Enjoy gets a comparo with the already successful Ertiga, which can be a benchmark, so to say..
Zigwheels has a review/first drive of the Enjoy in their website. http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...t-drive/16148/
The petrol belts out 104 bhp and the diesel 77.5bhp, however the diesel seems to be more drivable as per zigwheels because of higher torque 19.x kg/m.
Interiors are not too bad, but not excellent either and the van seems quite spacious. Exterior looks are better than the Evalia, especially because this car looks more proportioned.
Enjoy looks a size bigger than the Ertiga, so comparion seems more with Innova and Xylo.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 20:52   #320
BHPian

I suppose, if they price it aggressively as with Cruze & Beat, they will definitely attract some customers who *might* eventually end up buying Sail or some other product, just in case. Although it's not an exotic to attract customers, this vehicle is bigger than Ertiga at Ertiga price point, which must translate into some appreciation among Indian demographic.

Chevy's actions in recent years has been like only video no music. They launch the car but keep quiet. Please make some noise, for god sake!

EDIT: I've gone through zigwheels review, they seem to like the car. And the center console switches and knobs look very much like M100 Daewoo Matiz!

Last edited by Eminenttismo : 29th April 2013 at 21:02.
Old 29th April 2013, 22:46   #321
Senior - BHPian

Its again a product so similar to SAIL twins. Checks all the basic boxes but leaves you wanting. Hyundai has spoilt us all and after MSIL largely stepped in line, drab interiors, lack of features just don't cut it anymore. This is the next also ran product, nothing that's going to give the competition a run for their money. And top it up with lousy A.S.S. and pathetic staff at dealerships, you have a total package of dread. The excitement shall die down in a few.
Old 30th April 2013, 13:50   #322

One more review of the Enjoy - by Motoroids.
http://motoroids.com/reviews/thoroug...evrolet-enjoy/
Rajseniorhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 15:48   #323

Yet another review - by Gaadi.com
http://www.gaadi.com/auto-reviews/ch...ad-test-review

Please forgive back to back posts.
Old 1st May 2013, 18:07   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajseniorhr View Post
One more review of the Enjoy - by Motoroids.
http://motoroids.com/reviews/thoroug...evrolet-enjoy/

So now i Read enjoy is Monocoque +Front Engine + Rear Wheel Drive; is that the first of its kind vehicle in India??? I was always under the impression that Monocoques are either "Front-Engine+Front-wheel-Drive" or "Rear Engine+Rear wheel drive".

Some real good praises for Ride and Handling Quality there in the review.
Quote:
The Enjoy won’t ever put a worried look on the face of a driver of the Ford Fiesta 1.6 S but will definitely surprise the driver of an average B segment hatchback in the twisties,
Any Comparison with fords in Handling department should makes a good deal for sure.
Old 1st May 2013, 19:52   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
So now i Read enjoy is Monocoque +Front Engine + Rear Wheel Drive; is that the first of its kind vehicle in India??? I was always under the impression that Monocoques are either "Front-Engine+Front-wheel-Drive" or "Rear Engine+Rear wheel drive".
A little OT here: Premier had to do some adjustments to their mini SUV (I cannot remember its name) to mount the MJD longitudinally, which took a lot of time. I guess even GM would have had tough time achieving this.

And even BMW 3 series is monocoque with front engine and rear wheel drive :-P
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:44   #326
Team-BHP Support

Spotted a brand new white Enjoy LTZ yesterday night here at Surat. Unfortunately, I had left my cellphone at home so couldn't click a snap of it.

The car looked a bit box-shaped especially from the rear (something in the lines of Wagon-R) and looks wise I think the Ertiga may be better. Took a peek inside and saw the blue-lit stereo unit and the AC controls. I was riding pillion so couldn't get a better view.
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:38   #327
BHPian

From the very beginning, I am following this thread. Though GM has done a god job, things could have been better.

The 14' wheels look puny and pretty sure that the ground clearance is going to be a deal breaker for many once fully loaded. [See the reference line drawn on first image on a fully loaded condition]

Surprisingly, a google image of a Wuling CN100 in which the tyres are very neatly filled in the wheel arches which indicates that it can take an oversized wheel.

A top end model with 15'' alloys with a roof rail, blackened B/C pillar, turn indicator on ORVM and a projector hadlamp, there you have a very good looking and spacious family car. Am I asking too much? GM, are you listening?

Pic courtesy [autohome.home.cn & indiatimes.com]
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-untitled1.jpg  

Last edited by shineshine : 2nd May 2013 at 11:39.
shineshine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 13:22   #328
BHPian

So the News articles are telling that Launch is on 9th. Today being 6th just 3 days to go , i still don't see any T-BHP review. There are all other reviews on the web from AC to zigwheels except the one that matters (to me).... When are we getting that mods.

Are we repeating Sail Sedan here by not doing a review at all??? but why???
Old 6th May 2013, 17:52   #329
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Agree with above, considering with the above that Test Drive Vehicles have started reaching dealerships as per IAB report:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/05/c...lerships-74719

I fear Chevy guys are fearful of honest reviews from TBHP, & instead of ironing out the deficiencies they are doing what an Ostrich does in case of danger.
Old 8th May 2013, 18:04   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Are we repeating Sail Sedan here by not doing a review at all??? but why???
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I fear Chevy guys are fearful of honest reviews from TBHP, & instead of ironing out the deficiencies they are doing what an Ostrich does in case of danger.
It was strange that SAIL was excluded from review list. But I'm sure Enjoy will be reviewed. Last month's sales report got delayed. So there are reasons to smile. May be mods are busy currently reviewing Both American E's! Ecosport & Enjoy!!!
zalaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread