Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 14th April 2012, 18:05   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
and some others (cardekho.com) showcase a modern fully loaded one.
If the Enjoy comes with the modern interiors, it will sell well, inspite of its "no-new" looks.
Google tells me that the second pic is the Chevy Orlando...definitely not the Enjoy.
Old 24th April 2012, 00:16   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Default SCOOP Pictures! Which one could this be?

Hello Guys!

Found this covered car with an "ON TEST" board and a GJ registered one.

Not able to identify the car. Which one could it be?

Could not take the front part as the driver took a U-Turn and smiled since he saw me clicking pictures.
Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-23042012320.jpg

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-23042012321.jpg

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-23042012322.jpg
Old 24th April 2012, 00:19   #93
BHPian

Default Re: SCOOP Pictures! Which one could this be?

minivan from GM SAIC.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...eco-rival.html (SPYSHOTS of new GM Wagon ( Maruti Eeco Rival ).)
Old 24th April 2012, 00:21   #94
BHPian

Looks like chevy enjoy. In the second pic, is there a faint hint of the chevy bow tie logo above the number plate?
The rear lights and the generally boxy rear looks a lot like th Enjoy to me.

Does nt look like the minivan in the link you posted. Take a look at the rear doors. The link you posted has sliding doors, where as this one is the normal one. SO no not the minivan I guess.

Last edited by vibbs : 24th April 2012 at 00:25.
Old 24th April 2012, 00:36   #95
BHPian

It is the Chevy Enjoy MPV showcased in the autoexpo.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2636760
Old 24th April 2012, 00:44   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

It does look like the Chevy Enjoy.

If that is the case and it has been showcased at the auto expo then why are they running it in the camouflaged version?

Would this mean a few more design changes compared to the auto expo one?
Old 24th April 2012, 01:04   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

If that is the case and it has been showcased at the auto expo then why are they running it in the camouflaged version?

Would this mean a few more design changes compared to the auto expo one?
Even after showcasing many companies camouflage their test miles. Currently we are often seeing camouflaged Dusters and also Ecosport even after these being shown at the Expo. This may not necessarily mean changes. Changes are always expected before launch, but the camouflaging is not a reason for that. May be it has become a tradition to do so before launch

BTW, did you spot that in Hyderabad? You are from Hyd, and the dzire in the pic also seems to be AP registered. Never heard of a camouflaged car in Hyd.

Last edited by asdfvinay : 24th April 2012 at 01:09. Reason: text appended
Old 24th April 2012, 11:26   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
BTW, did you spot that in Hyderabad? You are from Hyd, and the dzire in the pic also seems to be AP registered. Never heard of a camouflaged car in Hyd.
Vinay Bhai!

I'm from Hyderabad only. Had clicked this pictures en-route to my office at Patancheru.

Camouflaged cars are the first to me in Hyderabad. Such are seen very very rarely. Where are you from in Hyderabad? We can meet up sometime!
Old 4th May 2012, 22:45   #99
BHPian

Default SCOOP!!Pics of Chevrolet Enjoy..spied

hi guys sharing a recent experince. spotted Chevorlet MUV test mule out side a Kolhapur petrol bunk on the NH4. Initially i thought that it was a renovated Tavera but then the driver told me that it was a new vehicle about to be launched and that they were testing it. He was pretty cool about taking the pics but warned against posting on a website!!!!i took these on the 19th of april...sorry didint get time to post these earlier.
some points i observed-
Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-20120419716.jpg

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-20120419715.jpg

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-20120419717.jpg

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-20120419713.jpg

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-20120419714.jpg

1. it is significantly smaller than a Xylo. (interestingly this test mule was following a Mahindra Xylo as part of the test team..maybe that was a camparo)

2. size more in lines of the ertiga

3. Interiors where all beige/white and hence looked airy (sorry no interior pics as i dared not offend the test driver)

4. It seemed to have a decent amount of kit inside including roof mounted ac for the seond row of seats. cant confirm about the third row.

did a bit of googling before posting this thread and got the links for what seems to be this vehicle.Chevrolet Enjoy, Chevrolet Enjoy Price, Review, Mileage | CarDekho India (i might be wrong but that seems to be improbable)

this being my first thread, please bear with any mistakes!
and my share of similes!
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 12:59   #100
BHPian

To me it looks bigger then the Ertiga.
Old 18th May 2012, 22:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the Chevy Sail hatch under testing on the Mumbai-Pune expressway. I have a video too if anyone is interested
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-dsc_0382.jpg  

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-dsc_0383.jpg  

Old 19th May 2012, 16:32   #102
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Re: Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Spotted the Chevy Sail hatch under testing on the Mumbai-Pune expressway. I have a video too if anyone is interested
Nice one! But flap type door handles and Figo style tail lamps!! That's two basics wrong in the first attempt I thought either of them are out of fashion nowadays.

EDIT: Doesn't it look more like a small minivan and less of a hatchback?

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 19th May 2012 at 16:33.
Old 21st May 2012, 12:42   #103
BHPian

Attaching pictures of Sail hatchback that I took in first week of March. Caught it parked in a hospital's parking lot. It was very bright in the afternoon hence lot of reflection on the glass for the interior pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-sail-front-1.jpg  

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-sail-interior-1.jpg  

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-sail-rear.jpg  

the VTEC guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 14:02   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Attaching pictures of Sail hatchback that I took in first week of March. Caught it parked in a hospital's parking lot. It was very bright in the afternoon hence lot of reflection on the glass for the interior pictures
Neat Images! Specially rear one. Let's see how chevy manages these duo in market.

O.T: Is it ABMH parking?
Old 21st May 2012, 14:34   #105
Senior - BHPian

The Sail looks just too boring. Its not funky like the Beat nor aggressive like the Cruze. Neither does it have attractive engine options to hike up its desirability level. IMO it will end up being as just another hatchback rather than a hot seller. Why Chevy why?? Why not the Cruze hatchback??
Closed Thread