Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 23:07   #826
BHPian
 
diwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 271
Thanked: 39 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Looks good in brown. By the way are those OE tinted glasses?
diwa is online now  
Old 13th June 2012, 23:08   #827
BHPian
 
Rigid Rotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 236
Thanked: 124 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

@110D - some great pics there!
Both vehicles appear to be fairly top spec and at least the Red-Maroon one is a 4x2 version
By the way - good composition & good resolution too, for cellphone pics!
Rigid Rotor is offline  
Old 13th June 2012, 23:21   #828
BHPian
 
sumeshmani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: bangalore
Posts: 477
Thanked: 104 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Brilliant opportunity, first ones to be seen testing without camouflaging i guess.
- Interesting to see tinted glasses.
- From the proportion of the doors (on the side view), looks like a lot of room has been given to boot. I hope rear seats are spacious enough.
- I see a key hole for the boot door/lid. I wish the remote has a boot release too.
- Will those fog lamps contribute in any way? So tiny..

Last edited by sumeshmani : 13th June 2012 at 23:23.
sumeshmani is online now  
Old 14th June 2012, 00:18   #829
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: mumbai
Posts: 222
Thanked: 42 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Looks good in brown. By the way are those OE tinted glasses?
These ones in the images have reverse sensors,rear wiper washer,Maybe the top of the line models.Size appears to be larger than the yeti.Any idea what the tyre size is going to be.Them yokohama geolanders would look sweet on it.
raycers_honda is offline  
Old 14th June 2012, 00:58   #830
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,360 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Looks good in brown. By the way are those OE tinted glasses?
Looked darker than OE tinted glasses. I am sure these were films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
@110D - some great pics there!
Both vehicles appear to be fairly top spec and at least the Red-Maroon one is a 4x2 version
By the way - good composition & good resolution too, for cellphone pics!
Even the silver one did not have any badging to indicate 4x4. And my cell says thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Brilliant opportunity, first ones to be seen testing without camouflaging i guess.
- Interesting to see tinted glasses.
- From the proportion of the doors (on the side view), looks like a lot of room has been given to boot. I hope rear seats are spacious enough.
- I see a key hole for the boot door/lid. I wish the remote has a boot release too.
- Will those fog lamps contribute in any way? So tiny..
Boot is quite big, infact what appeared is that the rear seats could have been given more legroom. But then I was merely viewing from outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
These ones in the images have reverse sensors,rear wiper washer,Maybe the top of the line models.Size appears to be larger than the yeti.Any idea what the tyre size is going to be.Them yokohama geolanders would look sweet on it.
Its certainly looks 1 size larger than Yeti. The tyres were if I remember correctly 215 section (forgot the profile) and 16 inch MRF Wanderers
1100D is offline  
Old 14th June 2012, 01:06   #831
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N Delhi/Pune/Kolkata/Schwarzenfeld
Posts: 884
Thanked: 276 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Thanks, 1100D for the pics!

If I could influence Renault India somehow, I too would get them to check the box saying A/T for me (a modern auto of course) and a nice blue colour option (deeper the better!) - although the burnt brown/cupric is quite nice also, and amongst my favourite shades too. 4x4 would be nice, but I could yet survive without it.
Prabal is offline  
Old 14th June 2012, 05:28   #832
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 637
Thanked: 383 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Lovely pictures 1100D. Thanks for sharing. Both the colours look great on the duster. My pick is the silver. The front is really eye-catching in that colour.
C300 is offline  
Old 14th June 2012, 07:25   #833
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,095
Thanked: 1,555 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna
If Yeti is just 1 lac more or even 2 lacs more, then there is no contest. But the difference could be more like 3-4 lacs.
The 4x2 active variant of the Yeti starts at around 13 ex showroom and on which you can get good discount or around 80k. This is the 110 bhp variant with fabric seats and would compare spec wise to the top diesel 110 ps variant of the duster which is also expected to be priced around 11.5 ex showroom. In terms of size, both the Duster and Yeti are almost identical. In terms of looks initially I used to think that the Yeti was quirky (which I liked!) but cars like the Duster and Ecosport are even quirkier and will trigger an instant love it or hate it reaction when you see them! When I first saw thw Duster and even the Xuv5oo my reaction was more the latter, but the pricing and value are what can make it a winning proposition. We will have to wait till Renault launches it to find out!

The tyres on the Duster are 215/65 R16 and were Mrf wanderer tyres fitted on the Auto Expo display unit.

Regards
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 14th June 2012 at 07:29.
Behemoth is online now  
Old 14th June 2012, 10:31   #834
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DELHI
Posts: 630
Thanked: 323 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

MRF ???!!! Those are one of the crappiest tyres available.
Cost cutting.
BUXX is offline  
Old 14th June 2012, 11:30   #835
BHPian
 
man_and_machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 428
Thanked: 215 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Top spec Duster $ overlapping with the Yeti 110 bhp is a very good news for Yeti. It will surely bring more footfall into the Skoda showrooms. Skoda has a premium perception that can work to its advantage. After sales, Renault and Skoda first of the worst prize category. Interiors Yeti will blow the Duster away, there is no comparison there. Duster can "seem" to do more of roading than the Yeti (please let me know otherwise), but how many in India do off-roading anyways with a 12-13 l car. Usually those who have a use case for off-roading will have a Mahindra in their stable.
Duster will clearly need to maintain more than 2 L diff with the Yeti.

Last edited by man_and_machine : 14th June 2012 at 11:31. Reason: did not know *** was a restricted word for After Sales Service, my bad, had never used that word in that format.
man_and_machine is offline  
Old 14th June 2012, 11:36   #836
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,326 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D
As mentioned earlier, spotted these two Duster cars at Kolkata. As you can see no camouflaging, no test equipment. Only thing that looked out of place were the drivers one of them (in the lead car) was wearing a casual wear jacket, given that Kolkata is at its hottest now, however both cars were idling with AC on.

Excuse the quality as they were captured on cellphone
Thank you. Nice clean, high vis pics!
Love both the colours though Silver takes the edge for our hot sunny conditions and ease of overall maintenance.
I thnk the Duster is marginally longer and a teeny bit wider than the Yeti. In terms of height from the ground it might be just a teeny bit shorter.
There are some specs out on this thread somewhere deep in the recesses though.

All in all it looks a very practical, reasonably spacious, tough ish vehicle in either 2WD or 4WD.
The chice of MRF wanderers are surely for cost control, but this is a very practical choice too, given our terrible sharp edged, pot holed, lousy roads! In fact if I could get Wanderers for my Yeti I would consider them because they are tough and will last long on all sorts of terrain.

The key now for Renault lies in the pricing!
And I do sincerely hope the govt does not do anything foolish in terms of the diesel tax etc.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 12:20   #837
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pune
Posts: 920
Thanked: 363 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The 4x2 active variant of the Yeti starts at around 13 ex showroom and on which you can get good discount or around 80k. This is the 110 bhp variant with fabric seats and would compare spec wise to the top diesel 110 ps variant of the duster which is also expected to be priced around 11.5 ex showroom.ere Mrf wanderer tyres fitted on the Auto Expo display unit.
Isn't the Yeti Active 4x2 14L ex showroom, so if there is a 80k discount its 13 plus around 2.5L so 15.5 on road in Mumbai.

Most of the reviews in Europe bring up the same point, the basic Duster is cheaper but add on the options - actually essentials now - and the price ramps up pretty close to other options like Nissan Qashqai and Yeti, which are much more contemporary and modern looking and relatively better designed and built, making the decision for Duster more difficult.
raul is offline  
Old 14th June 2012, 12:22   #838
BHPian
 
h.s.r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 196
Thanked: 147 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
As mentioned earlier, spotted these two Duster cars at Kolkata.
Amazing set of pics.I liked the brown shade.
If priced it right,Duster will turn fortune for Renault in India.
h.s.r is offline  
Old 14th June 2012, 13:08   #839
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,360 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
MRF ???!!! Those are one of the crappiest tyres available.
Cost cutting.
Might not be entirely Cost cutting. Some think that Indian made tyres are better suited to handle Indian conditions. My Scorpio is running on Yoko Geolandars and I am more unhappy with its sidewall cutting antics than I am impressed with its grip levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
All in all it looks a very practical, reasonably spacious, tough ish vehicle in either 2WD or 4WD.
The chice of MRF wanderers are surely for cost control, but this is a very practical choice too, given our terrible sharp edged, pot holed, lousy roads! In fact if I could get Wanderers for my Yeti I would consider them because they are tough and will last long on all sorts of terrain.

The key now for Renault lies in the pricing!
And I do sincerely hope the govt does not do anything foolish in terms of the diesel tax etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Thanks, 1100D for the pics!

If I could influence Renault India somehow, I too would get them to check the box saying A/T for me (a modern auto of course) and a nice blue colour option (deeper the better!) - although the burnt brown/cupric is quite nice also, and amongst my favourite shades too. 4x4 would be nice, but I could yet survive without it.
In anycase in most of Indian conditions a 4x2 gets you everywhere. Whereas for the enthusiasts only 4x4 does not suffice, one also needs to plonk in a low-range TC.

Last edited by 1100D : 14th June 2012 at 13:10.
1100D is offline  
Old 14th June 2012, 13:47   #840
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Erode,Tamilnadu
Posts: 21
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

I got a reply from renault yesterday detailing the core features of the car. Does it mean that these will be available on starting variant?


Renault Customer India customer@renault.com
4:33 PM (20 hours ago)
to me

Dear Sir,
Thanks for writing to Renault India Customer Care. I appreciate your interest shown in our Renault Duster. We are very glad to inform you that Renault Duster will be launched in India by the Month of July- 2012 . Once the car is launched the same will be intimated via our website www.renault.co.in and various media also we would get in touch with to fix an appointment for the product Demonstration and a test drive .

Below are the core features of the car for your kind reference .
Duster (Core features)
Unique & Modern design
A trendy & compact urban SUV
Stylish Chrome grille
Twin barrel headlamps
16'' Alloy Wheels
Front Fog Lamps
Keyless Entry
ABS with Brake Assist & EBD
Dual front airbags
Plush Leather Upholstery
4 Speaker Music System with USB , AUX-IN & Bluetooth Connectivity
Steering mounted Audio & phone control
Rear Defogger, wiper & washer
Electrically adjustable Outside Rear View Mirrors
Rear Parking Sensors
475 Litre Trunk capacity

Thanks & Regards,
Renault India Customer Care . Contact :1800 -300-44444(Toll free 09:00am to 08:00pm )
ranjeetnair is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra to unveil new Gusto 110 cc scooter at Auto Expo 2014 EDIT: Now Launched Aditya Motorbikes 7 16th September 2016 20:57
Force Motors (including Force One 4x4) @ Auto Expo 2012 GTO The Indian Car Scene 32 19th March 2016 10:44
Audi (including Q3 and A3 e-tron concept) @ Auto Expo 2012 jalsa777 The Indian Car Scene 53 2nd February 2013 20:43
Nissan (including Leaf) @ Auto Expo 2012 Rehaan The Indian Car Scene 52 25th October 2012 22:00
Jaguar Land Rover (including C-X75 & Defender Concept) @ Auto Expo 2012 jalsa777 The Indian Car Scene 12 16th January 2012 01:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks